Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?
Hi thread. I'm a very amateur sewer who has made simple things like tote bags, Christmas stockings, pajama pants. I want to make a large picnic blanket that has some kind of waterproof or water resistant backing so I could (for example) lay it on damp grass. The top would have to be soft fabric as I'm mainly interested in using this to bring my infant outside to play in the park or backyard. Could you suggest a suitable fabric for the back/bottom layer? Do you think I would need a pattern or could just wing it? I apologize if this isn't the right thread to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?

Funhilde posted:

Most stores these days are selling laminated fabric in cute patterns. Just use one side of that and one side of a flannel :)

Found a cute tutorial.

http://www.designsponge.com/2009/04/diy-wednesdays-picnic-blanke.html

This is perfect, thank you!

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?
Ask to test the machine first if you can. My husband got me a similar machine from CL and the motor didnt work. It would cost more to fix it than the price of a new (albeit cheap) machine.

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?
That is the nicest looking tshirt quilt I've seen. You're very talented and what a lovely gift.

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?

NancyPants posted:

What up mang, those are some bangin lookin bags. Not bad at all, especially for a first project. Pretty sure my first project was a pincushion.

Yes great job! I still don't sew that well!