Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nuralagus rex
Oct 11, 2012

The squirrels are all right. AND the rabbits--some of 'em, but rabbits are a mixed lot.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm about to pull the trigger on the popular Brother 1034d serger. Looked at reviews, seems to be a very popular entry-level serger (and I can't afford more than entry level right now) and Brother in general is a decent manufacturer. Before I do, anyone here know any reasons that this is a bad idea?

I have that serger and I'm happy with it so far (after maybe 6 months of use). I mainly use it to finish off seam allowances. One word of advice on it, if you get it - there is one step in threading (the lower looper) that is kind of confusing if you just go by the book directions. It's simple when you see it done though - I found this video super helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohtf7H_gyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU