Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fine-tune
Mar 31, 2004

If you want to be a EE, bend over and grab your knees...
What do you all think of this machine? http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/art/1464074969.html

I haven't heard back yet from the seller, so for all I know it's sold (:(). At any rate, is this the sort of thing I should be looking for?

My current machine is a cheapo Singer that works OK, sometimes. The bobbin feed tends to get all messed up after sewing for a while though (normal -> giant knots and jamming over the course of a small project). I made pajama pants the other weekend and it nearly frustrated me to the point of giving up on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fine-tune
Mar 31, 2004

If you want to be a EE, bend over and grab your knees...
Does anyone have any book/blog suggestions for learning to alter clothes? I've got a small bust but normal sized hips, so dresses off the rack never fit properly.