Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mobius 1
Aug 29, 2004
Sierra Hotel!

Shnooks posted:

Has anyone here ever made their own workout/gym clothes? I'm cheap and though it would be fun to try to make my own clothes to wear to the gym. I guess it'd be like making leggings and things like that?

Any recommendations for patterns to try?

I like kwik sew patterns since they're fairly simple, actually printed on paper instead of tissue paper, very little fabric waste with their layouts, and they run true to size. They have a whole section of activewear as well. I used one of their patterns recently to throw together some 80's style leggings for a party and the whole process from cutting the pattern, fabric, and sewing it took about an hour and a half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mobius 1
Aug 29, 2004
Sierra Hotel!

Brigg, your work is lovely.

I made my friend his halloween costume, or part of it anyways.

Him wearing it, just ignore the odd background

Mobius 1
Aug 29, 2004
Sierra Hotel!

Thanks! Yeah he wore the rubber mask, but he didn't wear it for long. As for wearing the jacket for more than just halloween, I pretty much told him he better, or at least have someone he knows to wear it since that thing is pretty warm and comfortable and it would be horrible if it sat in a closet unworn. After making his, I now want to make myself a bomber jacket.

Mobius 1
Aug 29, 2004
Sierra Hotel!

I suggest kwik sew patterns if you are a beginner, mainly due to the fact that the instructions are really simple. If you're making slacks, look into kwiksew 2860. Granted, they aren't as slim looking as the burda pattern, but this will help you with putting together a pair.

Mobius 1
Aug 29, 2004
Sierra Hotel!

Rubber Slug posted:

Does anyone know of a material that resembles carbon fiber?

Like this, only (ideally) less shiny. It would also be nice if it came in a variety of colors, or dark gray rather than black.

You should be able to find the type of look in upholstery vinyls. What exactly are you making?