Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baptism of fiber
Oct 17, 2004
compound
Does anyone know if enzyme washing can be done at home? A while back I visited a clothing store that bought up tacky t-shirts from thrift stores and washed them in some enzyme that made them super soft and thin. I'd like to try this process on some surplus clothing with the goal of 1) fading the camoflage pattern somewhat, 2) making the material feel softer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baptism of fiber
Oct 17, 2004
compound

Goldaline posted:

I hate dumbass stores like that. If you don't particularly want to gently caress up your washing machine, I wouldn't do it in there, but salt can beat up fabric pretty well, as will dilute bleach.
I'd probably use an old bucket or something. Bleach wouldn't really have the effect I'm looking for.