Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madama Butterfly
Apr 6, 2005

All who dare to cross her course are swallowed by her fearsome force!

ElanoreMcMantis posted:

The shoes below were a pair of 7 dollar walmart shoes that I am in the process of revamping. I'm really into shoes as of late, but since I can't make my own heels for them I just buy inexpensive ones and then remake them. The houndstooth on these is gold and black (pictures are tough to take in my studio, I have really low light because bright light gives me headaches), and the feathers are white and gold. They aren't stitched on yet, but they are about to be, and then I am going to add some beadwork just because. Now I realize these are pretty oddball, but if anyone wants to know how I do/did it, I will bring another lamp up here when I do the left shoe and take photos as I work.

Please do!

I've been saving a couple of pairs of shoes that the dog chewed on :argh: and that I can't bear to throw out.

This might be a cool way to salvage them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madama Butterfly
Apr 6, 2005

All who dare to cross her course are swallowed by her fearsome force!

RedFish posted:

I'd like to get into painting designs on fabrics, but all the online resources I have dug up so far all seem obsessed with puff paint. Not my style. Is it better to look into silk screening?

I've been wanting to do this for a long time; specifically, hand painting doodles/designs on my favorite jeans, to spice them up a bit.

I haven't been able to find good paints, either.