Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

This thread should be a refuge from the all the sugar-coated sewing communities out there.

squirrellypoo posted:

Your comments here are not offensive - they're constructive. Simply saying something sucks, without offering any advice or help, is really bitchy and has no place in this thread.

It did come with advice: your hemline shouldn't be visible. If you were sewing this simply as practice, then I'd agree the comment was over the top - however, you wore this in public.

This is from the page you linked in your own post:

squirrellypoo's website posted:

I posted the first photo on another sewing place yesterday after people were begging to see it, and I got the following response:

“that hem is absolutely terrible. It shouldn’t be visible like that at all.”

No helpful advice, no “hey that invisible zipper is loving amazing and your 90 degree darts have no puckers and wow I can’t believe you made that fascinator”, just plain old bitchiness because I disagreed with this particular fashion school student that an overlocker is not 100% necessary for sewing knits. How bitchy and self-serving can you get…

I really don't think I saw anyone begging in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU