Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gently Used Coat
Jul 4, 2005

I'm glad this thread came up, because I've been interested in learning how to sew, even if I am too lazy to go out and get a machine.

In the meantime, though, I've been knitting this scarf to give to my father. It's my first cabling project, and I'm pretty excited about how well it's coming out. (That picture's not so great, here's the one that's used in the pdf.)

By the way, is anyone else here on Ravelry? It's kinda like a pattern/yarn manager, but you can also see what everyone else is doing with their yarn and projects. I didn't think it'd be that interesting when I first joined, but now it's taking up a pretty big chunk of my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gently Used Coat
Jul 4, 2005

Google Embryo posted:

That's a beautiful scarf! I have a question about cable needles actually that I've never quite understood. I get the concept of cabling fine, but do you have to match a cable needle to the size of your straight needles? I've never seen cable needles come in a variety different sizes, is it something you don't have to worry about?

Apparently they do come in different sizes, but to be honest I've never seen them either. I just picked up whatever they had from the store and it works fine, even though it is quite a bit smaller than the straight needles I'm using.

Gently Used Coat
Jul 4, 2005

Pegacorn posted:

Can a girl get an invite to Ravelry?

I would if I could, but I think the only way to get invited is to sign up on the waiting list. :(

I do know that there's gonna be an open house-type thing next month, so if you haven't been invited by then you'll at least be able to look around.

Gently Used Coat
Jul 4, 2005

root a toot posted:

YES I AM ON RAVELRY. i was wondering how big the goon turn out was.... what's your name? i will look you up! (mine is ginandtoxic)

Mine is VanGoghMango.

I am friending you and Strelnikov right now.