Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Hi, not sure if this is the right thread to ask in, so please re-direct me if it isn't.

I'm having a leather jacket repaired and am looking for someone to make two yards of red diamond quilted satin to use for the lining.

The current liner looks like this:

The diamonds are two inch squares, and I was told that "warm and natural" batting would be a good replacement for the vintage insulation.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Amykinz posted:

Maybe a bit more information from both of you would be more helpful?

Ho Chi Mint - You're looking for someone to quilt the fabric for you so you can have the jacket re-lined? Do you know about how much fabric you're going to need? What is the original fabric made out of? Is it natural or synthetic fabric?

(PS, you can buy quilted fabrics at fabric stores and online, even in Wal-mart. it might be cheaper than paying someone to buy fabric and batting and then paying them to quilt and ship it)

I'm going to need 2 yards of 52" fabric for the lining. I have looked at pre-quilted fabric, but none of them are in the color and material I am looking for.

I believe the original fabric is satin. I think it's a natural fabric, but I could be wrong. The jacked is about 60 years old and doesn't list what kind of material the lining is made from. It has a sheen to it and is fairly slick, so I am assuming it is satin.