Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

squirrellypoo posted:

Lilypad
I saw these on sparkfun the other day, and wondered who was crazy enough to use them. They are some really neat modules available. The accelerometer components have me intrigued. If you just want a flashy led, why bother with an arduino, but you could do some neat patterns. And I have seen ways of making fabric electrical buttons. You could potentially have a keypad on your sleave. ...

My mind just weird places with that, bad-touch-o-meter? Or a "that's the spot" register?

Okey, back to lurking... At least untill I liberate a sewing machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Most of my paintball jerseys were printed using dye sublimination printers. If you looked at the inside of the fabric it looked completely normal. But the outside of it was completely printed in the custom pattern.

Though the poster didn't show the back of the printed fabric, I'm betting this is exactly the same process. My jerseys are done on several different fabrics. It's some really neat stuff. On the back of one of the jerseys I have my name printed, INTO the fabric.

I'll dig up a picture if you're interested.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

I had the same problem when I was playing with knitting. You're knitting looser and looser. My solution was to run the yarn around the same two fingers every time so the tension would remain constant. After I started doing that everything went smoothly.