Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celluloid
Jan 28, 2006
mad scientist
Does anyone sew with a treadle machine? I started sewing with a 1910ish Singer when I was in 9th grade. It was a lovely machine - had never been electrified! - and I could get it to fly.

I had to leave it when I moved out, due to space, and now I have one of those cheap plastic wonders. I *HATE* this machine sooooo much - BUT I'm trying to tell myself it's just a learning curve.

My current project (just the bottom hem to go!) is a sleeveless dress. I stalled on in this week... I'm wearing it to a 1940's event and I was trying to figure out how to set the zipper into the side.
Last month, I made a pair of retro high waisted jeans. Ran out of time and ended up having to finish up the closure with a dennison gun! Still got tons of complements.
Right now I'm icing down my belly. It was warm in here and I was all alone, so... While pressing out the hem, I knocked the iron right into myself. While doing the jeans, I sewed through my finger.
Starting to think this isn't the hobby for me!! ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celluloid
Jan 28, 2006
mad scientist
Do we talk about knitting clothes in this thread?

Does anyone have experience with knitting machines? I have used one of the small circular knitting machines to make fun little things and found it to be very easy.
I have a large collection now of 1940's sweater and hat patterns, but I know jack about knitting (and don't really have the time to do anything other than crank a lever).

I know knitting by hand is a time-consuming process, but can be easy to learn.
I'd like to use a knitting machine to cut down the time.

Does anyone have any GOOD websites with instructions/videos? Youtube seems only to have circular machine vids.

Celluloid
Jan 28, 2006
mad scientist
Where did you get the Vespa fabric? Do you have a link where I can buy some online?

Celluloid
Jan 28, 2006
mad scientist

seriouslywtf posted:

I bought it from a local shop, they have an online store at Etsy. Here's the color I got and here's a kind of magenta one. It's by Kokka Echino Nico so you can probably Google and try to find it elsewhere too.

Awesome! They're local for me too!