Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Dollies
Jun 25, 2006

Basically... RUN.

Okay, I'm at a loss. I've been knitting since November of last year, and decided I wanted to try out crochet. I looked at online lessons first, but I'm very visual, and reading text and looking at tiny rear end illustrations aren't helping. I tried going on YouTube, but the videos there have people moving at lightning speed, and I can't tell what they are doing where.

So I've determined I'm just going to have to buy a book with clear illustration using real pictures. I went into Barnes & Noble and found a really good book, but while its great for knitting, it only has one little chapter on crocheting. Does anyone know of a really good, well illustrated (preferably w/pics) book that could help me out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Dollies
Jun 25, 2006

Basically... RUN.

Stijl Council posted:

I'll preface this by saying that I'm, like, 98% knitter and just do crochet for edgings and stuff. So weigh this recommendation accordingly. But I have this book and the illustrations are beautiful and clear. Most of the crocheters in my life are lefties so what little crochet I can do I've learned from this book.

Thanks. I'll see if I can't find in it a local bookstore to look through.

I saw that Visual Crochet book at Amazon, but I haven't seen it locally, and I'm afraid I'll waste my money if I don't look through it first. I'm always hesitant to accept online reviews at face value, because half the time I don't agree with them.