Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

Jim, stop dancing, this is serious
I've been lurking this thread forever but gently caress you assholes if it isn't amazing. I remember there being a ton more writeups and 'ideas' from the original forums which makes me wish I'd saved some of it. I am glad the concept art survived though and has evolved into this thread.

But sweet jesus don't actually make a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

Hannibal Smith posted:

Here\'s an honest-to-goodness piece from the Zybourne Clock soundtrack. There were two others linked too but they were dead :(

http://moomanuk.netfirms.com/byob/InnStay.mid

With genre busting stuff like this RPGs would\'ve never been the same again.

Oh hey, I wrote that. The other two links probably aren\'t dead, you just need to copy-paste the url into the address bar.

It should be noted that the \'ideas\' team decided it would be a great idea for every boss to have its own music, with changes in stylings and tempo depending on how the battle was going, on top of a fully symphonic mixed with cyber/steam/whateverpunk soundtrack in full mp3 format. And it may make me Lord human being of Faggotton but I had a pretty fun week in the ZC music subforum before it imploded.

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

ScootsMagoosLady posted:

i dont care about that; who drew johnny

I don\'t know I didn\'t go in the art forum, but wasn\'t this answered seven million pages back anyways?

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

Ah, you posted the mp3s, they're pretty terribly produced cause I can't write in anything but midi. :smith:

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

maxnmona posted:

post all concept art and scripts from the private forum that haven't been posted already and you'll be forgiven for working on that game

I found this on the way back machine, but it's all there is unfortunately. And I only went into the music forums. But I think most of the concept art has been posted already, I'll see if I have any more somewhere, but I doubt it.

Also as far as I can remember the 'breaking news' on the forums was the decision by the 'decision people' to pretend on SA that the project was dead but to continue in secret. And as you can see it worked out perfectly.

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

Ferrinus posted:

i actually like the battle music they made for zybourne clock

:unsmith:

Sindow posted:

i made this so i could put off studying

enjoy

gently caress, I wish I could listen to this at work.

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

Sindow posted:

i made this so i could put off studying

enjoy

Alright I'm home now and this is pretty awesome. :)

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

there's nothing new in this

unless archive.org ever uploads any more files from edgeoftheinternet i think we're at a dead end which may be for the best

I checked the dates when I looked last and it's too far past their 6 month minimum upload time for there to be much chance of this. :smith:

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

OMG ITZ JAMES posted:

Some stuff I found on my desktop

Holy gently caress half of that is new to me what!

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

OMG ITZ JAMES posted:

Sylus is the main character not Johnny,

Alex is the heroine, also a descendant of Dr. Zybourne and Nina is just some chick.

The first half of the game was about Sylus finding the clock and then it switched to Alex who you play the second half of the game as where you try to find Sylus and stop the clock before everything goes tits up or something.

The big twist was that Sylus ends up being the main bad guy that you have to defeat, I think.

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

OMG ITZ JAMES posted:

we never got that far

Pretty much this.

I can remember most of what was the agreed plot at the time just before it all imploded, but I don't know if I can be bothered to type it all out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binbag McGraw
Feb 27, 2006

So I'm a tool who opened it in Winamp and listened to it all thinking it was just audio but then I wised up and holy poo poo.