Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackNamesThePlanets
Jul 5, 2007
Chic or just a glamorous freak?
I've got a book and a short story.

As for the book, I read it when I was young, and remember almost nothing about it. It may or may not have had a dragon in it, and the cover may or may not have had a flying carpet on the front. What the book DID have was some magical force that gets referred to as The Interface, and I think the main character's ultimate goal was to repair it before everything got all jacked up. I've never been able to find the book for obvious reasons, but I didn't understand it very well the first time I read it, and I REALLY want to re-read it and see if it makes more sense now. This has been bothering me for years.

In the short story, the narrator was standing around watching these blobs of people go around getting other people stuck to them, creating what eventually became whole new organisms. It was a pretty creepy story. I think I found it in some sci-fi collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackNamesThePlanets
Jul 5, 2007
Chic or just a glamorous freak?
Okay, I'm de-lurking in the hopes that I'll get lucky. I read this fantasy book maybe 15 or 20 years ago. The main thing I remember is that the protagonist had to save the world by repairing/visiting something referred to as The Interface, which, according to how I remember it, controlled all of the magic in the world. My brain could just be making that part up. It could also be making up: a flying carpet on the cover (definitely unsure about this bit), and a dragon.

I know that's not a lot of detail, but my brain really gets caught on that Interface part, so maybe someone recognizes it. Googling of course just comes up with video games and programs. I want SO bad to read it again, because it didn't make a lot of sense when I was a kid, but I remember liking it. I need to give it another go but I doubt I'll ever find it.