Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m looking for a book I read a long time ago. It’s about cave explorers that find a giant door deep underground. The climax of the story is that it ends up being a door to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

oldpainless posted:

That sounds like “the descent” or maybe “deeper” by Jeff long

I don’t think either of these are it. I specifically remember a part where they use sonar on the door and determine the chamber beyond has no end.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ToxicFrog posted:

The Door in the Dragon's Throat by Frank E. Peretti?

I had a bunch of those "Cooper Kids Adventures" books as a kid and didn't realize they were meant to be Christian propaganda until much later.

I think this is it. I must have read this in middle school or so, I didn’t even remember any Christian overtones. Thanks!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seconding the audiobook. I forget who read it but he was great.