Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I remember reading a pop-science book about 10-12 years ago where it had various chapters on scientific concepts, written at about a year 11-12 level. One of the chapters was called something like "The incredibly unlikely triple-alpha process", speaking about how we got carbon inside stars. I think the book had a pink cover. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

wizzardstaff posted:

Poking around Google Books I think this is The Matchbox That Ate a Forty-Ton Truck by Marcus Chown which has a pink cover and a chapter called "You, Me, and the Spectacularly Unlikely Triple-Alpha Process".

Nailed it, thank you very much!

edit: huh, that's one of the chapters in the book, but the title I know it by is actually We Need To Talk About Kelvin, which is how it was released outside the USA.

Memento fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 28, 2021