Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

When I was working in a FEMA call center 4-5ish years ago I picked up a book at barnes and noble to read between calls since I worked 8pm to 8am, the slowest shift of the day.

All I remember about it was that one of the two protagonists was a girl from a (from what I remember) vaguely arabic society that hated/viewed magic as demonic and wrong, who ended up running away with a thief or something briefly, before being captured and being taken through the desert to a mountain temple to be contained.

I'm curious what the name of that book was.

I think the other (male) protagonist was a more typical western type mage??? And I recall the end of the book being a portal introducing them to each other as they crossed into the same world.

Sorry if this is all very vague, I was not actually all that coherent in those days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

It was definitely newer than either of those, because I remember it having a sequel that was meant to come out like a year after I read it.

I unfortunately lost most of my books in a big move.