Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrumpyMan
Nov 26, 2002
Big, fat party animal
I read this maybe 3-4 years ago, but it may be much older, and quite possibly a sci-fi classic. I can't remember the name or author for the life of me, and it is killing me.

Two scientists on a remote planet research station (one a murderer?) fall into a hole or gateway of some sort, and awake in a new universe, where they are given new bodies. This world is divided into different sectors, which have different physics/creatures etc...

I seem to remember centaurs in one, elves in another, and some sort of evil plant or flower in another. A giant bat is one of the characters, and is revealed at the end to be someone known the protagonist. Anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrumpyMan
Nov 26, 2002
Big, fat party animal
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

As soon as I read your answer I felt even dumber for not having remembered that was it.

Merry New Year to you!