Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I've been thinking about this randomly for years, and while it doesn't really bother me and I don't even think it was that good I wouldn't mind putting a name to this.

Sometime in the 80s (probably) I read some techno thriller about a deep sea oil drilling operation, coporate espionage and sabotage. The hook of the book, as I remember it, was the technology they used to get to the oil, which was building a massive shaft/tube right down the ocean floor, hundreds(?) of meters in diameter and kilometers deep. I don't remember what the reasoning behind that was but I remember being fascinated by the discussions on the logistics and physics of building such a thing.

I pulled a lot of those kinds of books from my dads bookshelf back then, big fan of airport fiction that man :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
The teeth one sounds like Harlan Ellison

Edit: Got curious and googled this. Is it Dentaphilia by Julia Slavin?

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Mar 13, 2021