Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002
Anyone know of any projectors with DisplayPort? I looked around a few of the usual suspects like Newegg and Dell,and I finally asked in the SHSC monitors thread with a bunch of people saying that they basically don't exist. I need one for my office where a bunch of higher ups have moved to Macs and seem to have weird issues with our existing projector over DVI or VGA with those dongles they have to use. It blows me away that with HP, Dell, etc are all moving to DisplayPort on their corporate laptops yet can't sell me a DisplayPort projector to go with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002

King Hotpants posted:

Do you guys want me to start an actual projector thread with an informative OP and all that? We've been using this one for years.

Very, very much.

I'm really thinking about buying an i1 Pro and running the "Color Calibration for Dummies" and I'm eager to hear if I'm totally going down the wrong direction.

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002
So is anyone a calibration expert? The colors on my Dell 1609WX have gotten spectacularly awful. I've seen a couple of guides but I'm just not sure which one do use. The tricky part is, I leave it over at my girlfriend's place and she's got a MacBook. Most of the calibration guides use Windows software. I assume an ICC file will work across platforms though.

El_Matarife
Sep 28, 2002
I'm not 100% sure. I think turning on eco mode really screwed it up, as well as me messing with the brightness. I've tried turning eco mode off and bringing the brightness up, but no amount of messing with the settings brings me even close to what I know the picture should look like from looking at the Macbook screen.

It's too dark / muddy in some parts, but too bright in some dark parts and it's got some serious color push going on. I think red / green but it's really hard to say.

Edit: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457 is the guide I am thinking about using, but before I go drop $150-200 on an Eye-One I think I should seek some opinions from you guys.

El_Matarife fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 16, 2013

• Locked thread