Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
So I'm looking at switching to a projector. I've done a fair amount of research, but my main concern is that I'm probably not going to mount this thing in my current apartment, so it either needs to have a short-ish throw and some sort of keystone adjustment.

My priorities are as follows:

-1080p w/ HDMI (ideally with 24p, 60/120Hz modes)
-works well w/ PC (primary video source is HTPC, having HDMI should cover this)
-Keystone adjustment
-Zoom or short-throw capabilities
-Decent lumens (some ambient light in my apartment)
-Low noise (not super-important, just can't be a jet engine)

I'm not worried about 3D or built in sound. I am not against getting something 3D or 3D Ready, but it is not a priority.

Now based on this criteria, mixed with a <$1400 budget, I am looking to maximize picture quality.

Here are my top two choices so far:

Panasonic PT-AR100U
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-PT-...ANASONIC+AR100U

or

Mitsubishi HC4000
http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-HC...isibushi+HC4000

Are these my best choices? Are there any other contenders at my price point? What if I added a couple hundred to my budget? Any help is appreciated!

e: And I cant wrap my head around which is better, DLP or 3xLCD.

e2: primary uses: HTPC, Digital TV, Gaming

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Hmm. The Optoma HD33 is looking pretty tempting as well. Can't.. Decide...

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Maybe IYG will have an answer!

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

King Hotpants posted:

1. You don't want keystone, you want lens shift.
2. You want the Panasonic AR100.

Thanks. I was looking forward to your folky wisdom. That was my preference, too. Seems like I missed some rebate to get it for $999, though

• Locked thread