Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004

King Hotpants posted:

I don't want to pee in JayIs5's cereal or anything, and if he's happy with his projector that's wonderful (if this is indeed the case, I would suggest he stop reading now).

Fair warning.

I strongly recommend against buying the new Casio LED/laser projectors for any reason, especially home theater.

In my view, you're right, but for a different reason. The casio projectors have a 2-color wheel (green-blue), and the lamp warranty is only 3000 hours.

All LED devices aren't like that.

I've personally run the LG HS101 LED projector for something like 5000 hours, and I'm extremely satisfied.

I'm buying the HX-300G soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004

King Hotpants posted:

I know all LED projectors aren't like that. I've seen the HX300G too; it's a nice little presentation projector, but it's also XGA and only 300 lumens. The video processing isn't very good, nor is the contrast.

This might sound stupid, but what sort of video processing takes place inside the HX300G when running HDMI at the projector resolution?

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004
Has anyone tried gaming on a wobulated DLP? What's it like? Is it very noticeable?

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004

Juriko posted:

I picked up a Vivitek Qumi at launch and I have to say, if anyone is looking for a cheap secondary projector it is awesome. It has its shortcomings, but having a 720p projector that is the size of a paperback novel and outputs over 200 lumens is pretty awesome.

I did too, but I'm not satisfied at all. I really dislike the diamond-shaped pixels, and the fact that it changes focus when it warms up.

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004

Spazzle posted:

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on 300-500 lumen LED projectors?

Yes- don't buy one right now, because the 1080p LED projectors are coming out this autumn.
(I own a qumi and an hx300g)

• Locked thread