Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

$1500 is how much you pay for a raffle ticket for a chance to win the bronco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

taqueso posted:

$1500 is how much you pay for a raffle ticket for a chance to win the bronco

And here I was thinking "$1,500 DOWN".

No, totally not mad about ads that use down payment prices as the actual price to sucker more clicks.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm appalled by the level of dishonesty of car selling combined with the internet.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

thetan_guy42 posted:

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/houston-bronco-xlt-sport-4x4/7185981775.html

no way this is real, unless they forgot a zero or something. they do have a website though.

We had a local Eddie Bauer listed at $24,xxx. MSRP was like 27k.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Cripes, I wonder what Excursions are going for now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm appalled by the level of dishonesty of car selling combined with the internet.

That's any sales on the internet.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Colostomy Bag posted:

Cripes, I wonder what Excursions are going for now.

Excursions aren't Broncos so they won't be selling for as much.

Broncos are experiencing a boom like 80s Toyota pickup trucks are, nostalgia-combined with 'wow u they don't make em like this anymore' itis.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

90s Solo Cup posted:

No, totally not mad about ads that use down payment prices as the actual price to sucker more clicks.

If you've got time to waste it's fun to annoy the seller. Hell yeah I've got $595 for that 15 year old Civic, I'll be by in a minute

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

KakerMix posted:

Excursions aren't Broncos so they won't be selling for as much.

Broncos are experiencing a boom like 80s Toyota pickup trucks are, nostalgia-combined with 'wow u they don't make em like this anymore' itis.

So are Blazers, at even stupider prices.

I bought a Suburban because a Blazer/Tahoe in similar condition was 3x the price. A Bronco slightly less, but they're almost all just utterly beat to poo poo for some reason.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I should have spent money to fix up my 1995 F150 short bed 4x4 instead of just selling it for 2000 bucks :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Powershift posted:

a 350hp 3.1 liter wouldn't be all that special. Mercedes makes a 382hp 2.0 and a bunch of companies make 400hp+ 3 liters.

Yeah but how many of them are V4s?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Godholio posted:

Maybe they could just try to implement some kind of quality control instead, then.

I enjoyed FCA's recent JDP rankings, which prove that if you just refine the same poo poo for a decade eventually it turns out pretty good!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I enjoyed FCA's recent JDP rankings, which prove that if you just refine the same poo poo for a decade eventually it turns out pretty good!

building on using the same AMC engine for 30 years as a quality control document.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
At the risk of disappointing myself yet again, how are Chrysler interiors nowadays? They look good in pictures but how do they hold up?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Initially. I loved my Wrangler until the first winter after 36,000 miles.

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.
Oh, if I only had the bucks:

quote:

1934 Chrysler Hot Rod Camper
Known as the AlCan Cruzer, this 1934 Chrysler sedan was converted to a small Camper.

Powered by a 350 Chevy motor with Tri-Power.
700R automatic with overdrive
9" Ford rear end with 3:58 gears.
4 Wheel Disc Brakes
Independent coil-over front end.
With the 30 Gal fuel tank it was built for long distance cruising. It features all the comforts of a teardrop trailer without having to tow it.

It has won awards at many different cars show in Alaska, Canada and the lower 48.

It has been road tested with just under 44K miles on it.

It is one of a kind and a fun vehicle to own.
Unfortunately I'm getting up in the years and it's time to thin out the herd as they say. I'm asking 40K , a fraction of what it would cost to build. Open to serious offers or a possible trade for? They say a picture is worth a thousand words so I'll let them talk.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

thetan_guy42 posted:

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/houston-bronco-xlt-sport-4x4/7185981775.html

no way this is real, unless they forgot a zero or something. they do have a website though.

90s Solo Cup posted:

That's what it is, and :same:
Dealers on FaceBook Marketplace do the same dumbass poo poo. Just tell me how much the car costs, you fucks.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Why do I even bother searching if I can't possibly buy things?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dr. Memory posted:

Oh, if I only had the bucks:

StormDrain posted:

Got links to these?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

StormDrain posted:

That is much lower than I expected. Dang.

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.
My bad.
34 Camper: https://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/d/palmer-1934-chrysler-hot-rod-camper/7178582225.html

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Snowy posted:

Got links to these?

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/murray-1963-corvair-truck-ramp-side/7187354488.html

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/scottsdale-chevy-10/7188535027.html

Standard issue low effort CL post. Not much to see here.

wait I have questions now

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

The most mind blowing part of that to me is just...no mention at all in the ad about a drivetrain and interior swap to a friggin diesel VW V10? Like, no effort spent whatsoever.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Oh wow they put in the Touareg interior too.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Lmao

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
That freaking owns

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Brass Hand posted:

That freaking owns

It’s like kraftwerk played at full volume in a 50’s diner

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That thing is amazing. Think it's actually a swap or just somehow put the old C-body on the Touareg?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I know how massive those old c10 engine bays are. The smallblock chevy looks tiny in there. To see the engine bay completely filled is just :psyduck:

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

slidebite posted:

That thing is amazing. Think it's actually a swap or just somehow put the old C-body on the Touareg?

I wondered the same thing. Turns out the Touareg was unibody so there's more than just a chassis swap going on here.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

WTFBEES posted:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/scottsdale-chevy-10/7188535027.html

Standard issue low effort CL post. Not much to see here.

wait I have questions now

A *lot* of questions, since that appears to be the Touareg firewall, as well. Looks more like a body swap than an engine swap. Maybe just the firewall to get the dash and HVAC to work, since the Touareg is unibody, and the C10 is full frame, which would make it difficult. Though, not impossible.
AWD and air suspension argues that at least the suspension was carried over.

How am I not finding anything about this truck on the Intarwebs?

Hermaphrodite
Oct 2, 2004

Luckily, I CAN go fuck myself!
I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/d8mued/v10_tdi_swap/

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

That CL ad is one of:
  • Just a scam/bullshit
  • The completely unknowledgeable owner for whom this was built (seems plausible given ^^^)
  • The constructor's ex, who wants to profit off of the sale but does not know what they have (although, the price belies this a little - they're obviously aware it's "valuable", but don't seem to know the technical side)
  • The deceased constructor's heir, otherwise same as above

Given it's CL, I'd bet on the first option, but the others aren't impossible.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Krakkles posted:

That CL ad is one of:
  • Just a scam/bullshit
  • The completely unknowledgeable owner for whom this was built (seems plausible given ^^^)
  • The constructor's ex, who wants to profit off of the sale but does not know what they have (although, the price belies this a little - they're obviously aware it's "valuable", but don't seem to know the technical side)
  • The deceased constructor's heir, otherwise same as above

Given it's CL, I'd bet on the first option, but the others aren't impossible.

I thought about the first one as well but the price is far too high for that IMO

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

i own every Bionicle posted:

I thought about the first one as well but the price is far too high for that IMO

Plus regardless of if the ad is legit or not, the truck does appear to exist.

Either that or scammers have taken to Photoshopping together bizarre swaps that appeal to the most insane members of a niche audience. :psyduck:

Whoa. I can't imagine anyone pulled off such a project in 11 months, but I messaged this guy just to see.

EDIT - Nope, wasn't this person.

WTFBEES fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 3, 2020

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It's also parked in a handicapped spot, and is listed in Scottsdale.
I can easily see it being an owner that doesn't know what the gently caress that had it built.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What’s the point of scamming like this? As soon as you show up you see it’s not what you thought and don’t give them money for it. Or is there some “non refundable deposit to look at it” thing that I’m missing in the ad?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Going to Scottsdale in October will answer your questions if it is still there, lol.

That wheelbase does not look like a C 10s. Also that bed is not a C 10. It is a newer stepside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Well sure, it's newer than the front half, but it's still a 20-30 year old GMT400 stepside box.

As a side, that's pretty common here, with guys mixing up cabs and boxes from different gens of C/Ks and even Suburbans/Escalades/Denalis.

Scam or not, I think that's a pretty cool, if bizarre project.