Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

As Nero Danced posted:

At the risk of disappointing myself yet again, how are Chrysler interiors nowadays? They look good in pictures but how do they hold up?
We like our Pacifica interior a lot. Came from a pre-refresh Odyssey (AI indeed), and the Pacifica is much nicer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Hah:

Reddit poster posted:

The entire V10 Toureg is just a rolling example of everything that's wrong with German engineering. Bumper to bumper it is just filled with over complex German bullshit that makes my blood boil.

Jiminy Christmas!:

another Reddit poster, regarding the V10 TDI posted:

Yes, ALL gear drive. Even the power steering, AC compressor, and watercooled alternator (which has a 2 speed transmission). Fun fact: There are 15 fuel pumps!

Well, poo poo.I actually thought briefly about one. Are the VR6 one insanely stupid, too?

slidebite posted:

Well sure, it's newer than the front half, but it's still a 20-30 year old GMT400 stepside box.

As a side, that's pretty common here, with guys mixing up cabs and boxes from different gens of C/Ks and even Suburbans/Escalades/Denalis.

Scam or not, I think that's a pretty cool, if bizarre project.

If it all works, yeah, but like the Reddit post noted, if you're not a VAG tech, or familiar with them, abandon hope if something breaks. I mean, who's going to work on it? VW mechanics apparently hate the Touareg - they're going to straight up laugh at this. Kinda sad that a neat idea is sort of killed by over-engineered Germanity.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Hey look, there's another one.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/scottsdale-chevy-10/7188409004.html

This one is certainly less interesting, but someone is making a habit of building drivetrain and interior swapped C10s, parking them in handicap spots and poorly describing them.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Legend has it there is a blue C10 for every engine. I wonder how much the BMW V12 one will go for?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I'm waiting for one with a Bugatti W16.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
This one has the suspension and driveline of a Dodge Magnum :shrug:

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/tucson-unique-1971chevy/7186196554.html

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

WTFBEES posted:

Hey look, there's another one.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/scottsdale-chevy-10/7188409004.html

This one is certainly less interesting, but someone is making a habit of building drivetrain and interior swapped C10s, parking them in handicap spots and poorly describing them.

So? Someone put an LSx in a C10, that's hardly... whoah, hang on.
Neat.

Interesting, but I would have used a D100.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/320742302683434/

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
great candidate for fiesta engine swap

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Worth it assuming it’s not rotted. These are surprisingly fast btw.

Also, that generation of 626/MX-6 is attractive - both sedan and coupe.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Nitrox posted:

great candidate for fiesta engine swap

It’s a good car in it’s own right.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Frond posted:

It’s a good car in it’s own right.

and the turbo-BP is pretty well understood and supported.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Was that the Mazda cousin to the old Ford Probe GT?

Man, another car I haven't seen in years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat good looking cars. 80s and 90s Mazdas rule.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Iirc those cars had a stronger transmission than the f and g series that some of the other fwd Mazdas had

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

slidebite posted:

Was that the Mazda cousin to the old Ford Probe GT?

Man, another car I haven't seen in years.

I believe so, yes. A friend had 2 '89 probe GTs and despite their lackluster numbers (turbo, 140hp), they seemed much faster than my NA 128hp civic. I've been looking for a good probe GT turbo of that generation for years now, but they're just no longer out there in good condition.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Am I a bad person to want to give this ad to a class of theater students so they can ask this guy questions all semester?

If I was a millionaire I'd buy this, paint it light pink with white trim, and along the hood write "Peter's Truck"

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Why though? It's a bit gruff but pretty standard post.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Is there anything rare about it besides the fact that most of the rest them of that vintage have been recycled in to cheap Harbour Freight/ Princess Auto welding rods?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
:siren:TURBO PACE CAR:siren:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/243122903660377/

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The American equivalent to those horrible 3 spoke Advan wheels.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

wesleywillis posted:

Is there anything rare about it besides the fact that most of the rest them of that vintage have been recycled in to cheap Harbour Freight/ Princess Auto welding rods?

Exactly what you said. They weren't made in huge numbers but there were plenty of them, and they are working trucks so they got used up. Given the option of this or a 20 year old diesel hauler you'll take the diesel everytime.

A SRW pickup is much more livable as a daily driver, and more useful at that as well. So where's the market for big block duallys? I was giving this a lot of thought as I just watched a Bring a Trailer video about a similar truck. It was beautiful and a great rig in its day, but completely blown away by anything made after the turn of the century, diesel or gas. Also I couldn't even compare it to like, driving an old sports car like a Z or Supra that you know is outclassed by a modern Corolla. The old sports cars don't have to do anything except be fun, and transport you. This truck is probably fun to drive a few times, but you don't get excited for a Sunday cruise with the horse trailer.

It does look nice though. And some weido will love it.

I'm just a different weido who likes driving his flatbed around that would be beat by a pickup even from the 1980s.

poo poo, wheres that dually at again?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

The American equivalent to those horrible 3 spoke Advan wheels.

They’re even worse than that - they’re metric. 390mm rather than 14” or 15”. There might be one tire still made for them.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Darchangel posted:

There might be one tire still made for them.

And it's a spendy one:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Dagen H posted:

And it's a spendy one:

And actually the tire the wheel was made for! (Which I’m sure you know. ) When a friend of mine had a Mercury Cougar with TRX wheels (slightly different style, but still basically 3 spokes), there was another brand available, but not just a whole lot cheaper. We ended up going to the wrecking yard and picking up some 14” Enduro wheels (steel wheels with a rubber fascia to make them look fancy - Ford loved those for a while) with decent tires for a whole lot less.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Darchangel posted:

They’re even worse than that - they’re metric. 390mm rather than 14” or 15”. There might be one tire still made for them.

What the gently caress!?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

StormDrain posted:

poo poo, wheres that dually at again?

Paradise. Not joking. Paradise, Newfoundland

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Stock size for the Ferrari 308 as well.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Colostomy Bag posted:

Stock size for the Ferrari 308 as well.

also for BMW E28s

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.
Cheap Stude
https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/d/bremerton-1961-studebaker-lark-vi-regal/7195306747.html

quote:

1961 Studebaker Lark VI with its 170CI straight 6. This car was purchased 3 years ago as a project and hadn't been on the road for almost 20 years. Now, running and driving, registered and able to take home. What was done to the car -

NEW clutch (3 on the tree)
Rebuilt generator
NEW voltage regulator
Rebuilt master cylinder and new brakes
Rebuilt carburetor
NOS Fuel pump
NEW water pump
Full tune up
NEW Starter Solenoid
NEW Battery and Cables
NEW Front Coil Springs
NEW Turn Signal Switch
NEW Coil

Not sure of the exact mileage since the odometer only goes to 99,999.
NO RUST
See it's first time moving -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG9WAu43c10
See it on the highway -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PycusiubW0Q&t=2s
This can be a resto-mod or a full restoration or rolling project.
A very solid car with NO RUST or BONDO with a 1 year only design.
Very stock straight platform to start from with electric overdrive (non op).
Looking for $3200 or as my godfather says, "Make me an offer, I can't refuse."

STOP THE PRESSES!!! WEEKEND SPECIAL
$2700 THIS WEEKKEND (till Monday night)
I WANT TO MAKE ROOM FOR ANOTHER CAR!!!

I want her to go to a good home where she can be taken to the next level

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.
Forgot the screengrab

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Brass Hand posted:

What the gently caress!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelin_TRX
"Betamax of the tire industry."

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

i own every Bionicle posted:

It’s like kraftwerk played at full volume in a 50’s diner
:perfect:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

those horrible 3 spoke Advan wheels.
um those were great on my Miata in Gran Turismo 3 when I was 13 thank you very much

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Fifty Three posted:

um those were great on my Miata in Gran Turismo 3 when I was 13 thank you very much

3 spokes: not even once

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

They also work very nicely on first gen RX-7s. All generations, actually, though I'm not as in love with them as I was in the '90s when I first saw them.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

The spare on my E28 is still a TRX wheel, I think the tire has a datecode from the mid 90s

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

When I was a teenager I worked at a big chain auto parts tire store in Canada (even had Tire in the name!) and I remember very well all the people coming in with various 80s fords needing boots and telling them they were hosed... and them not believing me even then.

What a bizarro Ford decision to go that way anyhow? There must have been a rationale behind it? I just assumed "Metric=Common in Europa" or something like that... but it doesn't even sound like that was the case.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

slidebite posted:

When I was a teenager I worked at a big chain auto parts tire store in Canada (even had Tire in the name!) and I remember very well all the people coming in with various 80s fords needing boots and telling them they were hosed... and them not believing me even then.

What a bizarro Ford decision to go that way anyhow? There must have been a rationale behind it? I just assumed "Metric=Common in Europa" or something like that... but it doesn't even sound like that was the case.

The Wikipedia article basically covers it: the TRX tires were the first viable low-profile tires, when they came out in in the late '70s. By the mid '80s, standard tires had caught up. Ford just bought into the hype for the Mustang and its derivatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
if I was nearby I'd by that regal in a heartbeat if it runs alright, dang.