Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Should have just bought an AMC eagle instead of going through all that effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
"seller is motivated"

That's definitely motivation and meth

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I've never seen a methhead willingly mount a fire extinguisher like that, and he claims it's reliable!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

OK, totally normal ad:

quote:

Wanted.looking for a automatic 2011 to 2013 Dodge Challenger 392. Has to be automatic and 392 .Less than 45000 kms ,willing to pay up to $35000 depending on kms and year

But they use this image.

Is just trolling for clicks?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Looks like a challenger to me.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

wesleywillis posted:

Looks like a challenger to me.

In cosplay, but yes.

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT
Kind of tempted to go check this out...

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/carnegie-2003-toyota-sequoia-limited/7472505053.html

I drive a newer ford focus and it's not a bad commuter car... I do not find myself enjoying it though.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

All things considered, $500 for a complete Corvair seems like a hell of a deal.

Suck it, Nader!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/312081007746443/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

$199,500 6x6 Diesel Chassis.

Possible Sienna replacement if the price comes down a bit?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1988-alfa-romeo-milano-3-0/1615572059

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I like that guy

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004

I got so close to buying an extremely clapped out one of these at a junkyard auction. Well, not a diesel swap, but still, very cool. Modern electronics would really help.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Holy gently caress that keyword spam though.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

boxen posted:

All worth it when they scoop a sweet sale off the guy looking for pin nailers and thermometers.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

opengl128 posted:

All worth it when they scoop a sweet sale off the guy looking for pin nailers and thermometers.

It's like the bridge in Weird Al's "Hardware Store."

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

boxen posted:

You weren't kidding. It doesn't even pretend to be relevant.

quote:

...Jig stain, nissan, trailer, megacab, dually,cabin, electric, WHIRLPOOL pallet, wash, goat, Fencing, Cordless Note honda, full land lawn, chain, seat, bumper, protect, Drivers, porsche spreader, PORTABLE control, carpet, rover flat, rover, Sanders, Samsung Sanders crane, BOSCH 3, Lathes, conditioner Shop pro air iphone Makita, m water, Mesh, 09 SET WOLF iPhone Google Pixel f250, seats, stock, Pro, scale, battery, SINGLE WINE lexus wire, engine, rig, Concrete block...
:what:

I've become convinced there's some kind of message encoded in the pattern of missing commas.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

boxen posted:

*Me checking 'titles only' box*
:smug:

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

Craigslist gold or have I been browsing for projects for too long?

1938 Ford V8 (Deluxe Sedan?)
https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/d/nelson-1938-ford-v8/7480649360.html

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

You weren't kidding. It doesn't even pretend to be relevant.

:what:

I've become convinced there's some kind of message encoded in the pattern of missing commas.

Defeating those people who use CSVs to filter keywords? IDK

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Wandering Orange posted:

Craigslist gold or have I been browsing for projects for too long?

1938 Ford V8 (Deluxe Sedan?)
https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/d/nelson-1938-ford-v8/7480649360.html

I assume it's spent the last 20 years sitting in grass up over the tires but it's still a drat cool looking car.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

I assume it's spent the last 20 years sitting in grass up over the tires but it's still a drat cool looking car.

I see some runs in the front floorboards, but overall it looks reasonably solid. I’d say it’s definitely worth $800 for a complete car with decent sheet metal, pending a closer look. V8,too!

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

I don't think it was stored outside either as some of the discolorations on the tires look like flat spots and they're not pointed down so it was rolled recently; probably/hopefully stored in the pole barn you can see behind it in one of the photos. I'm guessing the 2x4 seen in some photos is to prop the drivers side door closed since it looks loose, same as the trunk.

No I'm totally not trying to talk myself out of this. 2 hour and 15 minute drive...

At least there's a bar right next door.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Wandering Orange posted:

I don't think it was stored outside either as some of the discolorations on the tires look like flat spots and they're not pointed down so it was rolled recently; probably/hopefully stored in the pole barn you can see behind it in one of the photos. I'm guessing the 2x4 seen in some photos is to prop the drivers side door closed since it looks loose, same as the trunk.

No I'm totally not trying to talk myself out of this. 2 hour and 15 minute drive...

At least there's a bar right next door.

Do it. Make a thread. Link it. Let me live vicariously through you

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

$900 STI

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/red-deer/1984-peugeot-505-sti/1616125601

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

DoubleT2172 posted:

Do it. Make a thread. Link it. Let me live vicariously through you

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

That doesn’t look like a Subaru at all.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Darchangel posted:

That doesn’t look like a Subaru at all.

*Venereal disease

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

*Venereal disease

No, no, that's an STD. Subarus aren't sexually transmitted, because they either belong to lesbians or hipsters.
Oh, wait, lesbians do have sex, don't they? Just not babies. Right. Whoops.

...hang on, I own a Subaru... :ohdear:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

quote:

The body looks to be in rough condition overall. The front bumper, hood, roof, left front fender, left front door, left rear fender, rear bumper, rear door, right rear fender, right front door, and right front fender have been repainted poorly. There is very bad dent damage on the left front fender, left front door, left rear fender, rear door, right rear fender, and right front fender. There is extensive rust on the left rear fender and right rear fender. The grille is missing. There is slight dent damage on the hood, roof, and right front door. There is incidental rust on the rear door.

https://regalauctions.com/inventory.php?a=details&contract=36916

Sidenote: I had no idea these were built in Korea. It was designed by Mazda, built by Kia, and sold by Ford.

This one seems to be about 25% expanding foam by mass.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Powershift posted:

Sidenote: I had no idea these were built in Korea. It was designed by Mazda, built by Kia, and sold by Ford.

Yep. I noted a lot of stuff under the hood that looked similar to stuff I'd seen in Mazdas of the era when I worked on my brother-in-law's Festiva. The engine is a modification of the BP series used in the Miatas and 323, among others. One of the fun things to do with a Festiva is to cram the 1.6L from a 323 into it in place of the 1.3L. Bonus points for using the turbo variant to guarantee there will never be any traction.

I actually like my BIL's Festive. It was surprisingly roomy inside, and despite the 1.3L was reasonably peppy with the 5-speed. You could just sort of squirt through traffic with the small size and low weight. Mind you, if a typical SUV hit you it was basically a bottlecap at that point...

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
"Every owner of this vehicle thought they'd be the last owner of this vehicle. Come prove them wrong!"

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

NoWake posted:

"Every owner of this vehicle thought they'd be the last owner of this vehicle. Come prove them wrong!"

This is certainly how I felt about my Festiva. As in, I'd die in it's crumpled remains.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Darchangel posted:

One of the fun things to do with a Festiva is to cram the 1.6L from a 323 into it in place of the 1.3L. Bonus points for using the turbo variant to guarantee there will never be any traction.

B6Ts make festivas a riot.
BPTs turn em into proper death traps

I put a NA BP into one over a decade ago. It was a hoot. I've had 5 or 6 of these dumb cars and love em.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Wish I could find another one.
My BIL got run off the road and holed the oil pan on a curb with his. I don't think there was any other significant damage. I wished I'd have thought to buy it for the insurance salvage price.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
It would be like a festiva to be totaled over a $30 oil pan that can be replaced without pulling the engine lmao

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

It would be like a festiva to be totaled over a $30 oil pan that can be replaced without pulling the engine lmao

I don't recall full details, and it all happened without my involvement or advice. Also years ago so I may have forgotten details. Maybe they decided the suspension was too mangled or something.
Also, remember, insurance prices out poo poo with labor, and this was like 20+ years ago when a Festiva was essentially worthless.

edit: as I recall, I could have fixed it though...

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Jim Varney's TT Delorean is currently up for grabs. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-delorean-dmc-12-79/

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Man.
Would be neat to bring that back to Texas...
I wonder how much better it is with the turbos?