Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

lol at the skateboard but holy poo poo I'd drive that in a heartbeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Oh, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn...

I didn't realize those were rotary until after they all shut down, and I found a neat data sheet that I grabbed one of the few times I got to go.
That was also long before I owned a rotary.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Which autocross class would that fall under?

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
I drove one of those when I was young. I remember it being a huge go-kart basically. More go-kart than formula car anyway. LOL at $15k in the 70's!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

2CV for sale in Sacramento
The 2CV is currently stored in my deceased father-in-laws garage in Sacramento …the house has sold. I need to get it out by next Monday.

If any of your club members is interested we’d sell it at a reasonable price. I have many photos to share if interested. I have included two attachments of interest.

Thank you,
Chris Schulz
Redacted phone number but I can send it to you if you want

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Hadlock posted:

2CV for sale in Sacramento
The 2CV is currently stored in my deceased father-in-laws garage in Sacramento …the house has sold. I need to get it out by next Monday.

If any of your club members is interested we’d sell it at a reasonable price. I have many photos to share if interested. I have included two attachments of interest.

Thank you,
Chris Schulz
Redacted phone number but I can send it to you if you want

2CV’s are cool, but not 28 grand cool.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
That has to be an appraisal for insurance purposes, they couldn't possibly expect to get that.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If I was a millionaire I would buy it and dunk it in one of those rust dip tanks just to see what, if anything, comes out.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Powershift posted:

If I was a millionaire I would buy it and dunk it in one of those rust dip tanks just to see what, if anything, comes out.
Why do you need to be a millionaire for that?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nitrox posted:

Why do you need to be a millionaire for that?

Because otherwise, dissolving $4000 would seem foolish. Once you're a millionaire it's just "eccentric"

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

2CV’s are cool, but not 28 grand cool.

That was an appraisal from 1999 from a Citroen pervert concourse judge, probably to help back up stated value insurance. Upper 20's isn't unheard of for 2CVs anymore sadly if you look at bring a trailer and other auction houses for nearly perfect examples.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Powershift posted:

Because otherwise, dissolving $4000 would seem foolish. Once you're a millionaire it's just "eccentric"
Maybe you'll get something cooler like how caterpillars turn entirely into goop before they become butterflies

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Talk me out of this:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/820787248905572

Seller's Description
Yes! It's free. 440-1 V8 engine. You must take it home before Monday the 29th. Bought it in Seattle 5 years ago, drove it to Texas with no problems. Clean title.

It's amazing, and it's yours. I'm making a major sacrifice due to moving to Portland in two days. It runs and drives, I drove it on 820 today! But it started misfiring as I approached home and I can't get it to even out. Need a Dodge guy to figure it out and enjoy it.

MAJOR work has been performed restoring this amazing musclevan. New floors, new AC on roof, new toilet, comes with THOUSANDS of dollars worth of headliner material, plywood, spare parts, new front coils and shocks and a new left control arm. Lots of 440 and thermoquad stuff, new water pump.

It's a treasure trove of a van but I can not trust it to get to Portland, Oregon in the next two days. Will have to junk it on Tuesday and the universe will cry a sad tear.

Please be familiar with Dodge vans!! Not for a rookie. It has served me very well.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Darchangel posted:

Talk me out of this:

That thing has undoubtedly been used in numerous violent felonies and is definitely haunted by unquiet shades. It's also certainly full of trace evidence of previously implied crimes. Do not take possession of the rolling crime scene.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I imagine somebody is picking it up right this minute.

You missed the opportunity because you went to post on the message board instead of driving there as fast as you can. I wish this was anywhere near me.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Pending. You lost out.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
That’s probably the first used vehicle ad I’ve seen that mentions a new toilet as a selling point.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

That thing has undoubtedly been used in numerous violent felonies and is definitely haunted by unquiet shades. It's also certainly full of trace evidence of previously implied crimes. Do not take possession of the rolling crime scene.
He said to talk him out of it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

A house, a car, and friends all for one low price.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Nitrox posted:

I imagine somebody is picking it up right this minute.

You missed the opportunity because you went to post on the message board instead of driving there as fast as you can. I wish this was anywhere near me.

Yeah, I did. Didn't really have space, time or money, but...
Even my dad said I should have jumped on it, but he has so many vehicles their visible from space.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I appreciate the seller's objectivity

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

[..] has been in touch .
His Corsa engined 120GR short nose is still for sale .
Nicely finished example with great engine and type 9 gearbox , upraised suspension and brakes etc .. decent build
£18,000 ono
Message me for further info …

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

"let's see if there's any interest in my bike for sale, let's check marketplace."
First listing:

Jesus. Detroit, but still. :nms:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Totally normal country

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

1933 Austin 7 Aero engined Special
£35,000

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Dagen H posted:

I appreciate the seller's objectivity

Prehistoric Doodoo Wedge would be a good username

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The missus is so lucky that we have no garage space. Give me doodoo fiero, I can't help myself with mid engine wedges

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
My uncle passed away leaving behind his Fiero. So fun to drive.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Dagen H posted:

Stay classy, Ohio

That's a DUI plate, known coloquially as "party plates"

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

deong posted:

My uncle passed away leaving behind his Fiero. So fun to drive.

There was a Fiero down the street from my house in Albuquerque that I used to lust after. I'd unironically drive one.

There was also an Aztek around the corner. High concentration of weird Pontiacs on that block I guess.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Omg. I need to send this to my dad, a classic vw hoarder.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Neat car, but not $4K neat

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/801049961362857/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
"I wanted to daily it until I realized just how slow a 60hp atmospheric diesel with an auto box is"

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
It's a 5-speed :ssh:

*lists car on Marketplace*
*leaves default settings, such as "automatic transmission"*

E:

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 6, 2023

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
That's right up my alley and I would never see it in a search

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Writing an ad for the thing you're selling in such a way that it would turn up in a search is not something craigslist sellers are interested in.

Writing an ad for the thing your're selling in such a way that it will turn up in a search for literally anything ELSE seems to be their primary interest.

This message brought to you by the the sellers of "Cameros" who put an entire goddamned dictionary of keyword spam in the ad along with six words of actual ad text.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I actually contacted a seller who did a 4-pic walkaround, and asked, "You drive the goddamn thing from the inside, may I see what that looks like?!?" (I also wanted to count the pedals [see above]).

I can't recall whether I asked him if he had run out of film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Dagen H posted:

It's a 5-speed :ssh:

*lists car on Marketplace*
*leaves default settings, such as "automatic transmission"*

E:

That's how I found my cayman, it was a lovely listing with a few mid quality exterior pictures and listed as an automatic. Got the VIN, ran a search to find out the options it had then did a few zoom calls and bought it.