Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
A sensible AI ride?

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1988-V8-Volvo-Rat-Rod-Wagon-2000-W0QQAdIdZ216576428

quote:

Price $2,000.00
Volvo 740 Turbo 1988 Wagon
Kilometers 300000
Transmission Manual
Colour Grey
Drivetrain Rear-wheel drive (RWD)

Stealthy Rat Rod project car. Sturdy Volvo chassis with reliable Mustang power. 5.0 Mustang HO V8 with fuel injection. World-class T5 5-speed manual with hydraulic clutch conversion. Volvo tach recalibrated for V8. Flex-a-lite fan, Wilwood racing clutch master cyl, Volvo diesel rad, rear anti-sway bar. Sunroof, PS, PW, 4 wheel disk brakes with ABS. Trailer hitch.
I used it as a daily driver for 5 years, 100km per day. Solid straight body. Rust free with patina of age. Has the usual Volvo interior wear for this age. Needs power steer pump, windshield and parking brake cable (spare cable included) 4 CTC snow tires (2005?) Volvo and Mustang manuals. Motor good and can be heard running. As-is, uncert.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
drat. That would be a kickass daily driver.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!
Not for you, not enough iron oxide. Keep looking.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Black88GTA posted:

Want. I am strange / a masochist.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/1829357998.html

I'm with ya brother. Something about the look of those pieces of poo poo I just love.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-street-cruisers-choppers-KANNON-W0QQAdIdZ193155240

quote:

1999 KANNON, 5.0 L V8 FORD, with 5.8L EDLEBROCK aluminum RPM PERFORMER heads, EDLEBROCK intake , and EDLEBROCK 4 barrel carb.
:monocle:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Actually, this would be a great car. The builder frequented TurboBricks.com a lot and did a really nice job on the swap.

If it was near me, I would get it today.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/1835926493.html

cl posted:

For sale: $11,000 OBO!!! (don’t be afraid to throw me an offer)

2004 Subaru WRX
Java Black Pearl Paint Job (gold flakes in paint)
90,XXX miles
5-Speed Manual Trans.
Clear Title in hand!!!!!

I bought the car 6 months ago for $11,000 and I have put 5,000 miles (100% highway) on it since then. I have also sunk a lot of money into the car to make it look and perform the way it does now. It is an amazing car that turns heads everywhere I drive it. It runs flawlessly and it’s a ton of fun to drive.

The only reason I am selling it is because I am now working from home so I no longer need such a sweet ride to just sit in my driveway. I have added $5,000 worth of parts since I bought it and Im only looking for my initial purchase price back so you can get $5,000 worth of FREE extras with this car!!!!!!!!!

Extras:
Fortune Auto 500 series Coilovers $1,000
18’’ Kazera Wheels with (almost) new tires $1,200
Brand New Clutch 4,000 miles ago $1,500
Borla exhaust $ 700
STI hood scoop $ 100
STI wing $ 300
V-Limited front lip $ 200
Total spent $5,000

vains fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 11, 2010

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Tai-Pan posted:

Actually, this would be a great car. The builder frequented TurboBricks.com a lot and did a really nice job on the swap.

If it was near me, I would get it today.

I would actually like to know what it takes to register a car like this legally.

In Ontario, you'd need emission test, safety certification and insurance.
Insurance may be the biggest hurdle if they force you to go facility(high risk pool) because of the swap.

ape
Jul 20, 2009
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/zip/1837469467.html

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Well, how luckly TO you feel?

Man-Eating Cow
Jan 18, 2001

by Fistgrrl

DarthJeebus posted:

Well, how luckly TO you feel?

You'd better feel pretty lucky indeed to deal with FREAKING SNAKES in a car.

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!
Shameless self promotion:

quote:

History:
History:
I bought this car in February as a project/daily driver/work truck to haul some stuff that I was hoarding in my then fiance's mom's house in Orlando to the house we bought in Atlanta where I'm currently hoarding the stuff (but not living, I'm still in my now-wife's mom's house). In the time I've owned it I have done virtually nothing to it except for drive it and initially ignore, but eventually appreciate all of the charm it had to offer. I stopped calling it an SUV and started referring to it as a "truck" so that people I talked to that were manlier than I am would think that I wasn't a sissy. I thought maybe I'd make some friends that wore flannel, chewed tobacco and drank beer that cost $10 for an 18-pack--I guess I thought that they would take pity on me and teach how to ride a bull. It didn't work and now I'm buying a Civic and ordering a subscription to Sport Compact Car so I can hopefully make friends with people in that scene.

Features:
190,000 miles but odometer and speedometer read 15-30% higher than they should so it's got less miles and you'll never get caught speeding. If you buy the truck for my asking price, I'll throw in an entry-level TomTom Go 100 that's missing the suction cup thing to hold it to the windshield so you'll have to velcro it to something. I've used it as a speedometer since I bought this wretched piece of shi--I mean awesome cool ride.

Engine and transmission are in good shape with lots of life in the clutch, brakes, engine and rear end. Practically indestructible and decent power if you've got a lead foot. If you've got an aluminum foot you'll probably need to glue some heavy ball bearings to it.

Cool special edition extras like WORKING check engine light that stays lit all the time. I think it's really pretty and consider it a dashboard decoration but you might want to put a piece of electrical tape over it or, better yet, fix the EGR valve or sensor that keeps making it turn on.

Four good tires, three of them even match! All of them are the same size, though. No spare because someone installed a ridiculous dual exhaust that makes it impossible to store the spare under the car where it should be.

Awesome dual exhaust system that really makes this little truck sound mean! The truck is also faster because of a sophisticated weight reduction procedure that involved removing the spare tire.

Warm air intake installed under the hood. It's a K&N knock off cone filter that sounds pretty badass when you're accelerating and even more badass when the truck is too!

This truck features FRONT SEATS and BACK SEATS that aren't completely destroyed!!! What a bonus!

Working A/C that blows ICE COLD for three to four days at a time! Recharge hose and half-used can of R-134A included with purchase!

Tinted power windows and tinted non-power windows! Power windows work because I rebuilt the motors about 4 months ago and almost lost my finger while doing so! Awesome for when the A/C charge wears off or when you need to yell obscenities at passers by.

Tow ball installed in the rear bumper but no trailer hook-up wires. It won't do much for you because the rear bumpers on these trucks are notoriously weak and you won't have lights or turn signals on your trailer. Hell, U-Haul won't even rent you a trailer because of the fact that a bunch of loudmouths about 10 years ago made a big stink about the fact that their Firestone tires would explode causing their trucks to crash. What a bunch of whiners. I guess if you wanted to you could tie your dog to the hitch when you stop for picnics but make sure you put the dog back in the car before leaving. I'd hate to be even partially responsible for the injury or death of someone's dog because I suggested such a thing. On second thought, don't do this. Your dog will probably ruin the picnic anyway by bringing you a squirrel carcass and then eating your food when you leave to dispose of the carcass elsewhere. Stupid dogs.

WINDSHIELD WIPERS ON THE FRONT AND BACK WINDOWS! WOW!

WASHER FLUID SPRAYERS ON FRONT AND BACK WINDOWS! HOLY CRAP!

CD Player and at least two functional speakers GUARANTEED! Also you've got RCAs and power wires running to the back for the hooking up of stereo equipment or Warn winches, whichever floats (or drags) your boat.

Three mirrors for your rear viewing pleasure.

At least one gallon of gas for the ride home provided that your ride home is 15 or so miles away. I'll throw in one of those emergency 1 gallon gas cans that you buy at gas stations for like $9 that have idiotic safety valves that never open causing you to spill half of the gas on the ground when you try to pour the gas into the car. I tell you what, you'll never play the "how far can I get with the gas light on" game again that late at night in that part of town.

But that's not all, this gem also includes a number of other minor, character-building issues that I've either forgotten or am unwilling to disclose until the clean, current, Florida title has been exchanged for ten $100 bills, twenty $50 bills, fifty $20 bills or any combination of the aforementioned denominations of US currency. No habla Espanol but I do speak limited Yiddish and Klingon. Call, text or telepath me at XXXXXXXXXXX and ask for Detective Jack Reynolds. That's not my name but it sounds really cool and I'd like to be called that at least once in my life.

I don't have an actual picture of the truck handy because I don't have a camera/lost my transfer cable/can't be arsed to take one so I've included some reference shots taken by other photographers. I'm not gonna lie, much like myself, this truck isn't much to look at. Its condition is somewhere between the condition of the two vehicles pictured below:

madattheinternet fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 13, 2013

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Ericadia posted:

I wonder if he still has the renesis. That would be a cool(ish) motor to swap into a first gen.

Bets on him flooding/destroying the engine and/or buying a shell from someone else and doing it?

Speaking of: I test drove an 05 RX-8 today, and the thing stalled out on me and wouldn't start after the test drive as I was returning it to the owner. I've written the RX-8 off my list of prospective new(er) cars.

sacre
Jan 26, 2007

madattheinternet posted:

edit: too many words

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

sacre posted:

edit: too many words

Yeah, definitely lots of words. I probably wouldn't have read the whole thing if I hadn't written it myself. I was getting calls at 1:30 AM and texts all morning from people on craigslist telling me that it was hilarious and they'd give me a grand even though they didn't need a vehicle because they were so entertained. I think I tried a little too hard but if someone smiled I'm happy. Also I want someone to buy it.

sacre
Jan 26, 2007
If its getting you calls I'd say you've done pretty well.

Rogz
Jul 22, 2009

Mr booby head vagina man.

Motherfucking snakes!

:effort:

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
Free Volvo 240DL if you replace her other car's taillight bulb and fix a sensor.

(too bad I bet the sensor is a door lock module)

quote:

Iam the proud owner of 2 fine examples of foreign engineering. A 1990 Volvo 240DL, and a 1998 VW Beetle. Here in is the situation. My VW has not been driven in almost 2years, due to some major repair work, that took me forever to pay for. Anyway, that is why I bought the Volvo, when the VW went off the road, the Volvo went on. I paid $500.00 for the Volvo in '08, and have been driving it ever since. My VW wants to be put back out there. I know what is wrong with it, There needs to be a "comfort control" (?) sensor replaced, and one of the rear tail lights or brake lights. I will be able to buy any and all parts needed, and want to trade the work involved for the Volvo. To be used as payment for services rendered. If there is anyone out there that would be willing and able , and up for the challenge, feel free to e-mail me, and we will go from there. I love both of these cars, But the VW is where my heart is. Have a Blessed Day!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I know that I should be looking at newer and more fuel-efficient cars, but it doesn't stop me from wanting this.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1837402715.html

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande

Mentat Radnor posted:

I know that I should be looking at newer and more fuel-efficient cars, but it doesn't stop me from wanting this.

It's under a grand. It's not like you're going to lose money with something that cheap. Right? :haw:

This car reminds me: louvers were kind of awesome even if they were loving impossible to see through. Oh god, those little inverse-blip keys.. and my misspent youth.

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Mentat Radnor posted:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1837402715.html

It's the best color and it has LOUVERS :swoon:

giundy
Dec 10, 2005
I think I'm changing my first question I ask any seller on CL: do you have a title?

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

madattheinternet posted:

quote:

It didn't work and now I'm buying a Civic and ordering a subscription to Sport Compact Car so I can hopefully make friends with people in that scene.

Hate to be the one to tell you, but SCC got canceled last year. Might wanna keep the truck.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I would really like a better look at this hood.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I just found the most overpriced piece of poo poo I've ever seen in my many years on Craigslist.

I also believe it wins the "invested" contest:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1839190478.html

quote:

2007 Z06 Lingenfelter kit, 6 speed1000 hp at rear wheels, gull doors, black interior ,roll bar , rear spoiler, recently $75,000 in drive train ....many extras..too much to list...over 250k invested...serious buyers only...vehicle is currently in NH...asking 150k OBO...call Robert 760-532-4189 for further information

Pretty good 250k investment there!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
But it's only $150!

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

VideoTapir posted:

I sort of like this :saddowns:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

VideoTapir posted:

I'm riveted by it :laugh:

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Sweet mother of God, I need this I loving NEED THIS

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

gently caress

Edit: I'm seriously debating getting this over a local Celica GT-Four that I looked at this week

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 14, 2010

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

VideoTapir posted:

http://www.google.com/images?q=memphis%20belle

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Ah, I thought it said something else. That's a disappointment

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I have a completely irrational desire to buy this car because my Grandpa bought one just like it new in 1978 and drove it until just before he past away in 1995. So many good memories and the drat thing was incredibly comfortable. Fuel economy wasn't even horrid for such a huge boat. It must of had a stupidly tall rear end of something.

Memory serves, the buick 350 actually moved it pretty decently too.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

85 Jaguar with Corvette engine. I'm not gonna lie, I'd drive the everloving piss out of this.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/1833771717.html

Click here for the full 1259x992 image.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

keykey posted:

85 Jaguar with Corvette engine. I'm not gonna lie, I'd drive the everloving piss out of this.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/1833771717.html

Click here for the full 1259x992 image.

I hate it when people say "CORVETTE ENGINE!" I assume they mean LS1. But they could mean LT1, LS7, and one of a handful of other motors that have been in the car over the last 50 years.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Moruitelda posted:

I hate it when people say "CORVETTE ENGINE!" I assume they mean LS1. But they could mean LT1, LS7, and one of a handful of other motors that have been in the car over the last 50 years.

That car has a SBC 350 TPI motor in it. This was what they put in the 'Vette prior to the LT1 (which came before the LS motors). I'm not sure exactly what year Vettes got it, but this engine also went into the top trim F-body (not including the '89 TTA, Firehawk, or any other oddballs I may be forgetting) between 1985-1992. The 350 version made about 235HP stock in the F-cars, not sure if that was bumped up at all in the Vette. There was also a 305 version using the same intake / injection system that made about 215hp.

In other words, this swap will greatly bump up the reliability of that old Jag, but it won't exactly be a screamer.

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP

Moruitelda posted:

Also, let's face it. The vast majority of cars that say "CORVETTE ENGINE" really mean "random 350 from an old van."

This one looks like a pre-LT1 TPI 350, probably from the late 80's. A bit gutless compared to an LS1 but a classic SBC nevertheless.

e;f;b

andy17null
Nov 29, 2007

I'M SO GODDAMN RETARDED, I THINK THIS IS LITERALLY REAL MONEY
o god wrong thread
how did this get here
i am not good with computer

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

slidebite posted:

I have a completely irrational desire to buy this car because my Grandpa bought one just like it new in 1978 and drove it until just before he past away in 1995. So many good memories and the drat thing was incredibly comfortable.

If you want a classic Buick, this ain't it. For a properly massive road barge, look for something like a '71-74 Electra 225 with the 455.

Number_6 fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 15, 2010

Swordfish
Aug 15, 2001

Maybe I just don't get classic impala pricing, but this seems a bit much.
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1842695306.html

EDIT: gah big, fixing.
EDIT2: still can't fix attached images, i see.

Swordfish fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jul 15, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Number_6 posted:

If you want a classic Buick, this ain't it.
I don't want a classic buick. I want grandpas car and to relive the few good memories of a tortured childhood. :cry: