Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

Saw this yesterday - forgot to post it.

Real gold, perhaps?

Click here for the full 1196x1101 image.

EDIT: Oh poo poo, new page. Here's a disaster to counteract the bad-rear end Chieftain.

Click here for the full 1196x1170 image.

Did someone trash a GSX/GST for this?

Cpaka fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cpaka posted:

Saw this yesterday - forgot to post it.

Real gold, perhaps?

That dealer looks scammy as you can get. I would defiantly check that thing out for bad restoration. The price seems high, but he is a dealer so you have to pay him his nut for selling the thing.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Cpaka posted:

Click here for the full 1196x1170 image.

Did someone trash a GSX/GST for this?

A GS-T isn't particularly rare nor are particularly worth much.

blankooie
Jul 21, 2009

Click here for the full 1525x1786 image.

For the price, you'd think it is worth its weight in gold.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

blankooie posted:

That's actually really loving awesome and looks to be pretty well done. I don't know if its worth 35 grand but its certainly interesting.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

blankooie posted:

That's loving amazing.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.
BUY THIS HOLY BALLS!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/1867836948.html

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh god. "Runs but smokes". How much do you suppose that will cost? Ugh, so tempted.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I believe it would be an R-Series in it. Those can be rebuilt for the princely sum of some chewing gum and pocket lint. Since it runs it can't be that bad, but even if the motor was completely toast, drop an R22 in it and call it a day.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

slidebite posted:

I believe it would be an R-Series in it. Those can be rebuilt for the princely sum of some chewing gum and pocket lint. Since it runs it can't be that bad, but even if the motor was completely toast, drop an R22 in it and call it a day.

If I had a way to tow and a place to put it, I would have bought it already.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Hah. 79-81 280ZX Rimz on it too by the looks of it.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

slidebite posted:

Hah. 79-81 280ZX Rimz on it too by the looks of it.

I thought those were the Toyota "Iron Cross" Supra rims.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

Sockington posted:

I thought those were the Toyota "Iron Cross" Supra rims.

This is correct.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

You might be right, from those photos hard to tell. But, it would make more sense if they were toyota. :)

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Whoa nice car, Watsonville is about 25min away. That'd be a hell of a LeMons ride.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I do have a place to keep it. And my wife's parents live down there in Aptos.

But she'd killll meeee, argh

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Baby Hitler posted:

Whoa nice car, Watsonville is about 25min away. That'd be a hell of a LeMons ride.
Considering its condition, I think it is too good for LeMons. A lot of the 60s and 70s Toyotas rusted to death in Australia, so it is nice to see a couple of them kept around, even if they weren't exciting cars.

Farside
Aug 11, 2002
I love my Commodore 64
not craigslist but I'm sure this is gold for someone. Sorry no preview pic i'm posting from my phone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170512797998

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Farside posted:

not craigslist but I'm sure this is gold for someone. Sorry no preview pic i'm posting from my phone.

umm... wow. That's really unique...

edit

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1870612527.html

This Cadillac needs more house on it.

Click here for the full 1259x767 image.

And a perfect car for AI

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1862791487.html

Click here for the full 1259x1041 image.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 30, 2010

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004
label switching is fun. i can relate to that.

Farside posted:

the part of me that thinks it's a waste of a 928 is getting beaten in the loving head by the part of me that wants to drive it at bonneville. or, you know, just sit in the parking lot at whole foods revving the gently caress out of it to frighten locals.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Some guy did a turbine-powered 280zx

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Some guy did a turbine-powered 280zx

That thing sounded glorious on the highway passes.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Not sure if this counts or not but I've always wanted one of these. The best looking car BMW ever made: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...=item41511900fb

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/1870792120.html

This guy has an inventory of buses similar to this one. I am wondering about the effort in maintaining a 6.5L Duramax diesel with automatic transmission. He made it sound like the mileages ranged from 75k and up.

My grand idea is to rip out a majority of the seats and do road trips to rock climbing destinations, but perhaps the gearing would make it unsuitable for freeway travel (65mph at a reasonable RPM). It's pretty close to where I live so a friend and I might go check it out for fun, at least.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

ozmunkeh posted:

Not sure if this counts or not but I've always wanted one of these. The best looking car BMW ever made: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...=item41511900fb

The only thing about that car I don't like is the stupid exhaust coming out the middle. Other than that, its absolutely perfect and if I had 25 grand I would buy it in a minute. :swoon:

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
auuuuugh

http://providence.craigslist.org/pts/1795479404.html

Craigslist posted:

1986 LOTUS ESPRIT**(@)**Woow - $4950 (rhode island)
Date: 2010-06-16, 4:24PM EDT
Reply to: sale-nwcee-1795479404@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1986 LOTUS ESPRIT RARE FIND EXCELLENT CONDITION
Must see to appreciate!!! reduced price!!
The car is like new, in perfect condition,
no marks or need for additional repairs what so ever.
It has no scratches, no special marks,
no need for additional repairs what so ever.
The real miles onboard, a great car ready to be yours.
It has no accident or any engine problem.
The exterior is clean with no body damage,
rust, dents and etc. The interior is clean with no rips and tears.
Engine runs strong and smooth. All options are in excellent working condition.
Looks and runs good. This vehicle is in excellent condition inside and outside.
Don't miss this deal. Interested buyers if you have any questions please contact me.

Year: 1986
Make: Lotus
Model: Esprit
Exterior: Red
Interior: Beige
Engine: 4-2V/FI-2.2L-TURBO
Transmission: Manual
Fuel Type: Gasoline

Options:
Removable Roof
Pristine Interior
Original Paint
New Tires
Fully Serviced
Sunroof
CD Player
Leather Seats
Air Conditioning
Climate Control
Cruise Control
Tilt Steering
Power Locks
Power Windows
Power Brakes
ABS
Alloy Wheels
Owner's Manual
Floor Mats

All servicing has been done by an aurthorized Dealer. I have all service records and owner's manuals.
THIS CAR DRIVES IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND HAS NEVER BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT.

If you're interested, please contact me directly at:

angelamcdoneld@msn.com

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

French Canadian posted:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/1870792120.html

This guy has an inventory of buses similar to this one. I am wondering about the effort in maintaining a 6.5L Duramax diesel with automatic transmission. He made it sound like the mileages ranged from 75k and up.

My grand idea is to rip out a majority of the seats and do road trips to rock climbing destinations, but perhaps the gearing would make it unsuitable for freeway travel (65mph at a reasonable RPM). It's pretty close to where I live so a friend and I might go check it out for fun, at least.

Lots of people turn old schoolbusses into DIY RVs. http://www.skoolie.net/forum/ has a buttload of info on various kinds of conversions and insurance/registration in various states.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Not sure if it's really gold or not, but it makes me feel all tingly. $10,000

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1868050122.html

quote:

I bought this car for a project/toy a couple of years ago. This was originally from California and when I had it appraised it valued at $17000.00. Well, I decided to get a new toy, so I put this on Craigs list trying to get the $17000.00 appraised value, which I realize is not going to happen with these tough times. I now have my new toy, so I am tired of playing around with the prices and the thrill seekers that are just wanting to test the car out to see what it will do. I have a lot of money in this car and I am asking way less then I have in it. Please do not call unless you are serious and Please don't ask if I will take less. Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours. I will sell the car for $10,000.00 and only $10,000.00. I will NOT take less. This is a super deal for a turn key car, that is street legal and will pass state inspection or anyone that wants an old muscle car. ENGINE: I was told that it has a built 355 engine, which I can not verify, but I can tell you that it starts with ease, runs strong and is EXTREMELY fast. It has a WEIAND 144 SUPERCHARGER, Carter carb, and longtube headers. TRANSMISSION: It has a built 350 turbo automatic transmission with a 2700 stall and a new Hurst ratchet shifter. REAR END: On the rear we have a gm 10 bolt 8.5 differential with a 3:73 ring and pinion. INTERIOR: The interior of the car has been mostly replaced or restored, and looks great!! Everything works, even the clock!! I have replaced the dash pad, speedometer, clock, seats, windows, window cranks, sun visors, floor mats, dome light, trim, etc. STEREO: It has a blaupunkt headunit with kenwood 6x9 speakers in the rear and sony 5.25 speakers in the front with a 400w amp. EXTERIOR: It had an expensive SHADE SHIFT custom paint job that is 20 years old and is still in pretty good shape, but naturally a new paint job would really set the car off. The body is in good condition with only minor dings here and there, nothing bad for a 37 year old car. It has 5% tint all the way around. It has a set of $1200.00 Laker, functional, chrome side pipes that go great with the new cragar SS wheels. It has new Mickey Thomson tires on the rear and BFG Radial t/a’s on the front. SUSPENSION: All tight and passed state inspection. You have to see this car in person because pictures DO NOT do it justice. Call 6362090566 I originally said I would take a trade for a ws6 , 35th camaro, iroc, or gto, but I already got my new toy so no trades.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I dunno how insane muscle car dudes are but... 10k for something with engine bay rust? MMMmmmm :|

vivacthulhu
Sep 29, 2007
Hasta Victoria Ftaghn!
I just e-mailed the guy with the Corona, if it is in remotely good shape it's coming home with me.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Jorsh posted:

I dunno how insane muscle car dudes are but... 10k for something with engine bay rust? MMMmmmm :|

Took me a long time to find it. I thought you were talking about the brake master cylinder, which is like $50 to replace. But the fender near the cowl has some. Looks like the hood has been rubbing there.

I get the impression that the car is a driver, and has been driven. The current owner doesn't seem to know everything about it. I get the impression he bought it and just drove it and didn't know what he had.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

ursa_minor posted:

BUY THIS HOLY BALLS!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/1867836948.html

Holy crap...This was my first car! The motor sucked, but I loved her just the same!

Baby Hitler posted:

I'm really, really tempted to have you check it out for me & arrange to have it shipped to New Jersey. I have the money, although there may be spousal abuse coming my way.

Really. I'd pay to have it looked at, the transaction done, & arrange to be shipped. I'll probably regret working on the POS 8-RC engine again, but....love is a funny thing.

vivacthulhu posted:

I just e-mailed the guy with the Corona, if it is in remotely good shape it's coming home with me.

Let me know how it goes...

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 31, 2010

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

I wish this was around when I had 6 grand to blow on a car.

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

vivacthulhu posted:

loving awesome man, let us know how that goes!

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

I wish this was around when I had 6 grand to blow on a car.
could someone please buy this there is nothing in the entire world i would like more right now than a red lotus esprit with a tan interior

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

MALCOLM XTREME posted:

could someone please buy this there is nothing in the entire world i would like more right now than a red lotus esprit with a tan interior

Yeah thats seriously one of my dream cars.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
How much does it cost to maintain a car like that? Is this an exception to the "if you can't afford it new you can't afford it used" rule?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

VideoTapir posted:

How much does it cost to maintain a car like that? Is this an exception to the "if you can't afford it new you can't afford it used" rule?

Its a 4 cyl so its nothing too crazy as a base, who knows how the turbos and poo poo are. I'd love to have one of non turbo 4 cyl Esprits with some work done. Be a shitload of fun and not too expensive to run. Also a large amount of pieces like tailights and doorhandles that would be an absolute nightmare to replace on most cars like that come from cheap economy cars. The tailights are from an AE86 some years, etc.

Pretty Little Rainbow fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 31, 2010

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
:bustem:

Click here for the full 1240x486 image.

If that isn't gold, then I don't know what is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

That's a textbook Craigslist scam.

"High demand rare car for sale for peanuts! Perfect condition! Low miles! Full list of options! Well maintained! License plates not visible in the (professionally appearing) pictures. E-mail random msn e-mail address. Which includes a misspelled name."

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22angelamcdoneld%40msn.com%22&hl=en&pws=0&filter=0

Strange! She appears to be in Winchester, Baton Rouge, Glens Falls, Baltimore, Tulsa, Providence, Meadville, Springfield, Ogden, Holland, Columbia, Vermount, Mansfield, and Northwest Georgia, all with the same car!

I'm blown away that you guys didn't have your scam alarms going crazy from that ad. It seriously trips almost every alarm bell I have - the only thing it's missing is a screenshot picture of the ad to make it harder to find in a search like the one I just posted.

Moruitelda fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 31, 2010