Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

power muffler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

slidebite posted:

power muffler

110V, or 220?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

12VDC, obviously, this is a car after all :rolleye:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

12VDC, obviously, this is a car after all :rolleye:

Positive or negative Earth?

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/2898848574.html
FOR SELL 1987 SUZUKI SAMURAI WITH A 2.3 ENGINE TURBO.HERE A SOME OF THE PARTS IT HAS A T70 TURBO,WASTE GATE SPRING FOR 30 PSI.AUTOMETER WIDE BAND,BIG INJECTORS 850CC,HELTH TECH MANEGMENT COMPUTER,TRANSMISION T5 MANUAL,AND MUCH MORE TO MENTION,SELLING CAUSE NEED THE MONEY FOR WEDDING,PLEASE ONLY SERIUOS OFFERTS,CAN CONTACT ME OR TX ME 630 806 9075.CLEAN TITLE.

I'm torn on this one. Pretty drat AI though...

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Pilots can gently caress off.

This is one of the most infuriating lines that seems to be in ads for every "nice" car. The easiest way to tell if a car has been taken care of (aside from just looking at it) is to drive it a bit, and always at least up to highway speeds. I once went out to look at an e30 318is and the guy wouldn't let me drive it, he would only offer to take me for a ride. It's not like I showed up and asked to drive it either, we talked about the car and I got a little bit of the history first.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2904742888.html

Ok this might be a good deal. The body looks good and the interior looks decent. I do have a fancy test tool now (ok cheapy HF Automotive Fuse circuit tester). It looks like it could be an easy fix though, usually something stupid.

Could easily be flipped...

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

BrokenKnucklez posted:

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/2904742888.html

Ok this might be a good deal. The body looks good and the interior looks decent. I do have a fancy test tool now (ok cheapy HF Automotive Fuse circuit tester). It looks like it could be an easy fix though, usually something stupid.

Post is gone...do you have a screenshot?

(edit) tempting...

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 16, 2012

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

PainterofCrap posted:

Post is gone...do you have a screenshot?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

PhotoKirk posted:

1987 SUZUKI SAMURAI

BrokenKnucklez posted:

That's always the first thing that pops into my head.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

televiper posted:

I know exactly how to fix a phantom battery drain. Fit a battery disconnect knob to it and turn it off after driving it. A month later, start to forget to turn off battery at night. Another month later, notice that your clock has not re-set it's self to 12 in awhile and will now keep time. MAGICAL.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

PhotoKirk posted:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/2898848574.html
FOR SELL 1987 SUZUKI SAMURAI WITH A 2.3 ENGINE TURBO.HERE A SOME OF THE PARTS IT HAS A T70 TURBO,WASTE GATE SPRING FOR 30 PSI.AUTOMETER WIDE BAND,BIG INJECTORS 850CC,HELTH TECH MANEGMENT COMPUTER,TRANSMISION T5 MANUAL,AND MUCH MORE TO MENTION,SELLING CAUSE NEED THE MONEY FOR WEDDING,PLEASE ONLY SERIUOS OFFERTS,CAN CONTACT ME OR TX ME 630 806 9075.CLEAN TITLE.

I'm torn on this one. Pretty drat AI though...

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

oddspelling fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 20, 2012

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

This may actually be one of the worst-fitting and looking Miata bodykits I've ever seen. They want $5k for this 200k km thing.

Someone mention pilots?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=276309655

(reposted link from Aeronautical Insanity thread)

VV Sorry, try it now VVV

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 16, 2012

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010
Your link doesnt work

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.
Methinks you would have trouble getting 30mm autocannons imported into the US.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

televiper posted:

Methinks you would have trouble getting 30mm autocannons imported into the US.

You can just get them deactivated if they're not already. It wouldn't be easy, but probably the least of your problems with a rocket powered glider that sheds it's landing gear on takeoff holy gently caress!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I'm sorry? :ohdear:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

:stonk:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MrChips posted:

You can test drive the Komet.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MrChips posted:

You pilots strut in with your Tom Cruise shenanigans and want to drive the cars that we're trying to put on Craigslist for sale.

I forgot to put "NO TEST PILOTS" when I was selling a 1982 Tercel that had come into my possession as an artefact of a long-held grudge with the local high school principal. I got an email that seemed to come from an accomplished professional, although he punctuated every sentence with "to the max" or "feel the Gs." I thought this odd.

He arrived an hour late wearing aviator sunglasses, toothpick clutched in his teeth and walking with his helmet under the crook of his arm. I too thought this odd, but having recently gone to workplace sensitivity training I presumed it might be some sort of recent offshoot of Mormonism and handed him the keys.

I can't go back to Seattle. The DA defined the arrest warrant as "thick, yet full-bodied."

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi
Way too much effort going on here.
http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/2909726047.html

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Rime posted:

I'd rather my wall didn't suddenly start simultaneously leaking oil and rusting.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Rime posted:

this is the automotive equivalent of a shrunken head.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/2854853478.html

craigslist posted:

I recently purchased the car, Someone accidentally ruined the transmission changing a flat. I am asking 600$ because i have put so much work into the car i would hate to let it go for less but i am willing to negotiate, the money is going towards a new car. If you are interested please let me know as soon as possible. You may even purchase the car to fix and sell. I am mostly trying to scrap it. You may do what you please with it.
New Motor 43K miles on the motor.
New Radiator.
2 New Tires.
2 New Windows.
Also, The back breaks do not work and the power steering is going.
(that is why I'm scrapping it )
If you are interested please text or call Brooke at 3305993992.
You may call or text anytime.

RUINED THE TRANSMISSION CHANGING A FLAT.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Dschingis Khan posted:

That one of those things were the real story will never be as interesting as what your imagination will come up with. :allears:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Dschingis Khan posted:

To heck with that, I'm intrigued with the NEW MOTOR WITH 43K MILES ON THE MOTOR

\/ Oh I'm sure that's what it is. It just doesn't sound as good as NEW MOTOR \/

slidebite fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 20, 2012

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well I sure am glad that if I purchased that fine machine I would be allowed to do whatever I wanted with it. I'm sick of these previous owners hunting me down and telling me what to do with the car.

[e] probably the original engine blew up, so he got one from a junkyard car with 43k miles and stuck it in

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/2895802125.html

craigslist posted:

2 door

red in color

163,630 miles

parting out or sell the whole car for $1500

has rodeo motor

if interested call 440-823-5346 thanks

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!

Quantrill posted:

has rodeo motor

So the seller either wears cowboy boots or has an Isuzu without a powertrain stored somewhere on his property. Likely both.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Chevy TBI 2.8

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

madattheinternet posted:

So the seller either wears cowboy boots or has an Isuzu without a powertrain stored somewhere on his property. Likely both.

I bet the engine only works 8 seconds at a time.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

keykey posted:

I bet the engine only works 8 seconds at a time.

So it's a 13B then. :v:

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

So it's a 13B then. :v:

No...he said 8. Not 3.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mighty Horse posted:

No...he said 8. Not 3.

Depends. How fuckered is the cold start on it? :colbert:

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Quantrill posted:

has rodeo motor

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
There's just no way this '78 280ce isn't riddled with rust. Otherwise it could be worth dumping money into because of its groovy Icon Gold paint color, 185hp six and uber-rare 5-speed. Even more so if it has crank windows and no sunroof.

More on groovy 70's paint colors; Let's say it's 1979-1980 and you're ordering a Benz. How many different shades of green paint can you get from the factory? 13 :allears:

http://fayar.craigslist.org/cto/2878300630.html posted:

$1500 OBO -- Mercedes 1978 280 CE, rare European model -- not an import -- brought to US by an acquaintance of mine about 12 years ago. Needs some work (maybe a coil?). This is a FUN car to drive!

Gas engine, 5-speed manual, unknown mileage (OD does not work, but on a car like this, miles aren't the issue). New tires, new battery, new alternator (those things total over $2000!). The car has a "factory-style" air-conditioner that was added by my friend who brought the car over, but it's basically useless (unless you can make it work better). Blaupunkt stereo, but needs new speakers.

Needs a little body work and paint. Note front spoiler. Interior is in fair condition (better than most cars of this age, for sure).

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

MATLAB 1988 posted:

There's just no way this '78 280ce isn't riddled with rust. Otherwise it could be worth dumping money into because of its groovy Icon Gold paint color, 185hp six and uber-rare 5-speed. Even more so if it has crank windows and no sunroof.

More on groovy 70's paint colors; Let's say it's 1979-1980 and you're ordering a Benz. How many different shades of green paint can you get from the factory? 13 :allears:

Now you go to the dealer and there's 13 shades of silver and no green. How times have changed... :(

Craigslist Seller posted:

rare European model -- not an import -- brought to US by an acquaintance of mine about 12 years ago.

That is the very definition of an import. :haw:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
CHEVY CAVALIER CUSTOM* LOW MILES**

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/2891766165.html

*bolt on ugly rice parts
**114k is low miles right?
***X-box pants not included

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 22, 2012

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
All I can say is that my roommate has the same pair of pajama pants and he's a borderline autistic :spergin: who is 3 weeks late on rent. Just makes me hate it more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
omg liek so clean

NO IT'S NOT, SHUT UP

edit: also, don't waist his time

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 24, 2012