Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

donut
Feb 4, 2001

Yeah that's a pretty sweet airbrush van

:catdrugs:

Ad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Dodge-Ram-Van/284020510825?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
Full album for posterity: https://imgur.com/a/CelKudK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

72 Sportster for sale. Gotta respect the honesty of the seller.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

There isn't a thing about this Sequoia that doesn't seem so very extra.
https://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/d/mio-2004-toyota-sequoia-4wd/7207514473.html

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I want all those owner additions, stickers, mud flaps etc on a Yaris

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

what's going on with the shifter?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

what's going on with the shifter?

Brass knuckles. If a cop is feeling grouchy that's an instant misdemeanor in a lot of places.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

Nebakenezzer posted:

I want all those owner additions, stickers, mud flaps etc on a Yaris

I like the way you think. My parents sister has a Yaris. Maybe we can convince her to do that.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

nadmonk posted:

I like the way you think. My parents sister has a Yaris. Maybe we can convince her to do that.

The mudflaps alone would be hilarious

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Midjack posted:

Brass knuckles. If a cop is feeling grouchy that's an instant misdemeanor in a lot of places.

canceled out by the bootlicker lives matter blue tape on the back window

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

canceled out by the bootlicker lives matter blue tape on the back window

Itself canceled if you’re not a white man.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nadmonk posted:

I'm saving these pics for reference if I do end up getting a Yaris for the beater rallies

mobby_6kl posted:

Called after I got off work and apparently someone's already coming to check it out tomorrow. But he confirmed it has valid inspection until July which makes things much easier, so I'll try to offer him another $50-100 in the morning to sweeten the deal because it's less than half the price of other shitboxes like this.
This fell through unfortunately. The second time I called he said he didn't want to sell it to a foreigner lol. Well good luck selling your poo poo box rear end in a top hat, because the ad is still up what, two weeks later.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

mobby_6kl posted:

The second time I called he said he didn't want to sell it to a foreigner lol.
I had a guy tell me that once and I'm a pasty white Canadian from Northern European ancestry. He told me "If you're not American, I don't trust you."

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Mr. Apollo posted:

I had a guy tell me that once and I'm a pasty white Canadian from Northern European ancestry. He told me "If you're not American, I don't trust you."

He later happily sold it to a Navajo chief having been fleeced by shifty honkies

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What y'all think a 102 hp engine from 1984 makes today?

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/buffalo-firebird/7211071190.html

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Cage posted:

Wow , this one is a doozy. Racing seats in that piece of poo poo. Naturally , no roll cage to go with that 5-point harness, making it more dangerous than the stock seat and belt

80k miles is near the end of life for that engine, especially given its age.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Easy enough to chuck that boat anchor 2.8 as far as your trebuchet can hurl it and put something decent in there.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Literal Gold that will be torturing me as the "one that got away" until I die.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...cZ7YbnZ0HnkTfzA

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

Smoke?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

Literal Gold that will be torturing me as the "one that got away" until I die.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...cZ7YbnZ0HnkTfzA

CA$10K = US$7.6K
Oh, yeah, that's a fair price for what's been done to that 7. I even unironically like the purple.
Turbo II with aftermarket ECU, Panhard bar, Kamei air dam, ZG flares, coilovers, GSL-SE hubs...
Nice.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

:wtc:

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
There are people in America who have waaay to much money.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/785874272192029/

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Interesting that a Snatch Land Rover got into private hands fairly intact and imported, no less.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Other than the wheel choice on the rear, I like it. Neat custom truck-ish thing. Price is silly, but really, how do you price a one-off custom?

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Anyone want to guess what the hell this thing is? The thumbnail made me think Miata body swap or a kit car of some kind, but after clicking though I'm not sure. This couldn't possibly be an actual two seatified Tri-5 Chevy, could it?

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ctd/d/phoenix-1956-chevy-belair-210-custom/7213382962.html

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

bennyfactor posted:

Interesting that a Snatch Land Rover got into private hands fairly intact and imported, no less.

I was surfing the uk government auction site and there’s loads of them up there. 25 years old so they can be imported too, although why anyone would bother with a rusty beat to poo poo Land Rover

Hermaphrodite
Oct 2, 2004

Luckily, I CAN go fuck myself!

WTFBEES posted:

Anyone want to guess what the hell this thing is? The thumbnail made me think Miata body swap or a kit car of some kind, but after clicking though I'm not sure. This couldn't possibly be an actual two seatified Tri-5 Chevy, could it?

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ctd/d/phoenix-1956-chevy-belair-210-custom/7213382962.html

It's an actual '56 Chevy that's been shortened, I've seen a couple of others. Way back in the 60's a local auto shop had a '55 that had two front ends grafted together as an advertising gimmick, but I don't think it ever drove. Just google image search "shortened 56 (or 55/57) chevy"

Hermaphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 13, 2020

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

*posts image with $5995 price stickers still on the window*

"price is firm at 6500 out the door no I will not accept 6k or 6400"

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

*posts image with $5995 price stickers still on the window*

"price is firm at 6500 out the door no I will not accept 6k or 6400"

Because he bought it for that and is trying to flip it, I'm sure. He's just too lazy/incompetent to take new pictures.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Hermaphrodite posted:

It's an actual '56 Chevy that's been shortened, I've seen a couple of others. Way back in the 60's a local auto shop had a '55 that had two front ends grafted together as an advertising gimmick, but I don't think it ever drove. Just google image search "shortened 56 (or 55/57) chevy"

Wow, I had no idea. Someone really should have told these people that the Corvette is a thing.

Though now that I know these exist, I am totally into the Nomad version.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Hermaphrodite posted:

Yeah, it's a 4-door with the rear doors removed. Once upon a time, 4-door Tri-fives were just about worthless.

WTFBEES posted:

Wow, I had no idea. Someone really should have told these people that the Corvette is a thing.

Though now that I know these exist, I am totally into the Nomad version.

That's not a Nomad. It was a 4-door wagon. Nomads are 2-doors to begin with. They also have a differently-shaped rear wheel arch opening. Same deal with the wagons - worthless if not a Nomad, once upon a time.

That said: would.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, it's a 4-door with the rear doors removed. Once upon a time, 4-door Tri-fives were just about worthless.

That's not a Nomad. It was a 4-door wagon. Nomads are 2-doors to begin with. They also have a differently-shaped rear wheel arch opening. Same deal with the wagons - worthless if not a Nomad, once upon a time.

That said: would.

Ah, I had completely forgotten about the 4 door versions of both. This all makes much more sense now and I can appreciate people chopping and welding these into the indisputably correct number of doors.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I apologize if these are common AF:

Is bigger turbo actually the thing's name?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

They're not exactly rare, but they usually don't have a pickup bed. That's a medium-duty truck (think box truck or flatbed) that's probably been shortened, and then the standard pickup bed added. You can do it because GM used the same cabs in the Medium-duty trucks as the light-duty trucks, but with a different nose and fenders. That continued through at least the early '90s.
Still pretty neat, and that one's got a more modern Cummins that can actually move it.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I've always thought a truck like that would be one of the cooler ways to pull a 5th-wheel trailer if you had a need to do so regularly.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I totally dig that old GMC.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

boxen posted:

I've always thought a truck like that would be one of the cooler ways to pull a 5th-wheel trailer if you had a need to do so regularly.

Cooler looking anyway. A modern medium duty with creature comforts means a lot of you're going thousands of miles on a trip.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So is the Kodiak the descendent to that?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

So is the Kodiak the descendent to that?

The Kodiak *is* that. They just didn't call it Kodiak until the '80s. It was just a C50/C70 before then (and still was, officially, but also had the Kodiak moniker.) Now it's a C5500, or something.

edit: to be clear, the medium-duty truck it used to be was a C50, later a Kodiak. They never came with the pickup beds from the factory, and originally had a much longer frame, typically.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

FWIW, the Kodiak/C5500 trucks that we used to have at work were the worst-riding trucks I've ever driven. Like, dangerous bump-steer bad. The larger Ford F-750's we also had, were not much better. Getting parts sucks because they're a hodgepodge of built-to-order drivetrains with a pickup body grafted on a big truck frame. Standardization? Lmao. For medium duty trucks, IMO stick with companies that specialize in them like Freightliner or International, and only if that's what you really need.

Actually, we still have one C5500 that's mid 90's vintage with less than 70k miles. I used it about a month ago and it's kinda fun in a way (because driving it smoothly takes skill) but it's just a rough riding beast with a 50lb clutch and absolutely not better than a 1-ton truck for regular highway hauling.

The above posted truck LOOKS really cool and imo is the best pickup conversion I've seen.