Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

MAZDA MIATA MX-5 !NICE RACING CAR !!! 5 SPD - $24 (KNIGHTDALE)

"IM SELLING MY DREAM CAR BECAUSE I NEED TWO CARS , ONE FOR WORK AND THE OTHER ONE FOR ME SO I DONT WANT TO SELL IT BUT I HAVE TO!!!! IT IS A 1992 MAZDA MIATA MX-5 5SPEED WITH 145000 MILE ON IT , IT HAS RACING SEATS , EXHAUST,GRAPHICS , DVD)LITTLE TV) CD STEREO AND YOU CAN PLUG YOUR IPOD ON IT ! THE INSIDE IS BLUE WITH BLACK,, IT HAS A POLICE RADAR DETECTOR !! IT HAS PINK NEON LIGHTS UNDER THE CAR ,NICE CUSTOME 17" WHEELS WITH GOOD TIRES,IT IS CONVERTIBLE!!!! IT HAS A/C HEATER,, EVERYTHING WORKS FINE !!!I JUST PAID FOR THE CAR 2,500 LAST YEAR PLUSE WHAT I JUST SPEND ON THE CAR I JUST WANT LESS THAN WHAT I JUST PAID IM GIVING YOU ALL THE ACCESORIES !!! IF YOU INTERESTED CALL ME AT 9198020035 ASK FOR DANIEL,, OR COME TO MY HOUSE AT 5016 PARKERWOOD DR KNIGHTDALE 27545,,,THE PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE OR I WILL BE OPEN TO OFFERS AND I WOULD LIKE TO TRADE FOR A CAR OR TRUCK BUT NOT FOR OLD CARS !!!!!IT HAS TO BE FAIR!!! THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!"

Look! The on-dash DVD player/little TV!!

Those really are some BLUE racing seats!

Sadly, I imagine just from the look of it it's been pretty ragged out mechanically. Of course, I have no proof of that, but it seems that around here, people rice out their cars, put fart cans on then then drive the dogshit out of them, as though LOOKING like a supercharged sports car is the same as having a real supercharged sportscar.

Otherwise it may not cost TOO much to take that thing and UN-molest it... but given it's a 92, I would be surprised if it wasn't on it's last leg mechanically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

I heard a commercial the other day about there being 5 seasons... Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Deere Season. It launched into a commercial trying to sell me various John Deere farm/garden tools. Then this morning, a friend of mine sent me the favored car of Farm Community Guidos:

The IROC John Deere Edition http://desmoines.craigslist.org/car/638858985.html

EDIT: Grrr.. fixed table breakage...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

san_dingo posted:

Here's one for the RADL:

http://spokane.craigslist.org/car/738000583.html

Ok, so you have the coin for a 383 conversion, a "Stage 2 shift kit" , but no time or money to get it tuned? Sure, I'll be right over.

Someone must have rushed right over... he pulled the ad... Thanks for the screen cap.

Aran: Because they can ;-) I much prefer someone doing this to an RX-7 over someone putting on some ridiculous body kit, giant wing, neon, altezza, and other glorious

And I'd guess he spent all his cash on the engine and install and then tought "Holy gently caress... I can't pay my rent/mortgage/bills!"

That or he's like me, married, and the wife said: Sell that bitch or you get no quality time...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

blugu64 posted:

Click here for the full 1144x822 image.

This saved me so much gas cause I got 85MPG in the 40 miles I rode it. Also

"I loved this and only rode it 2 days it has too much power for me"

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

mean2u posted:

He's got 4 gauges on the dash and at least 2 on the a-pillar. What kind of information would they be showing? Street cred?

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'd guess:

Fuel pressure
Oil pressure
Oil temp
Water temp
Boost PSI or KPa
Air/Fuel Mixture
Tach, or shift light

But that's assuming the car is actually built up (it does look it, though not 18000 dollars worth of 8 year old built up). Otherwise, gauges are like NAWS... the more you go the faster the car must go (same goes for the Tach... the larger the tach the more RPMs it must be able to handle )

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

VideoTapir posted:

Well, whatever the reason, this one got through :

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/car/792977655.html

No kidding... it'd almost be worth it to buy a one-way ticket to LV, buy that little beauty and drive her back east... if that were local I'd really consider buying it.

And people think I'm crazy, but I'd still love to have one of those early 80's Subie GL wagons (the 4WD ones) that you could drive pretty much without oil, coolant or tires ;-) those drat little things were nigh indestructible.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

I'm amazed that there are people that would be impressed that the car is so low it throws sparks. Kiwis, what does the slang gank mean?

4. Ganking

Incorrectly used word in warcraft (Dota, WoW). Noobs mistakingly think infinite form of gang=ganking. Some even use the word "gank" itself even though the word gank means either to steal or to hurt one's feelings according to dictionary.com

N00b_Sux0r: "these guys are gay, they keep ganking me. "
Me: wtf is "ganking"? you mean "ganging"?
N00b_Sux0r: yeah, whatever. Doesn't matter, someone set us up the bomb.

And while I did not find any Down-Under specific definitions for gank, I did find The Aussie Slang Dictionary Online.

For what it's worth, I always thought ganked meant stolen...

E: I need to remember the difference bewteen HTML and BBCode tags...

bladernr fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 2, 2008

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

destructo posted:

I kinda want to trade
http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/823374995.html

lightweightmiata posted:

Q: Does the car have a turbo timer? I met a guy once who had one and he is now my hero.
A: No, I don't need a turbo timer because the turbo is water cooled. Stop with the turbo timer bullshit already. The car doesn't have a turbo timer, huge tach on the dash, stupid loving wings on the back, or any APC stickers on it. That poo poo does not make your car fast and only makes you look like a douche.

Q: dUdE, dOeS yOuR sIcK rIdE hAvE NAWZ?
A: Shut the gently caress up! Your mother should have aborted you!
Indeed... I want to also!! I think I saw this for sale at one point on Miata.net or somehwere like that. I'd love to have it if I had a place to store it... it sucks not having a garage.

Meh... I've got two Miatas already anyway. My wife would kill me for bringing another one home...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

Lovely little 91 RX-7. Wait... what's that on the back?

Click here for the full 1265x904 image.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/825182390.html

I got a ticket for street racing so now I must sell this phat ride and buy a bike instead.

Click here for the full 1097x1800 image.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/824552995.html

And I don't know if I hate this, or if I love it

Click here for the full 1265x722 image.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/824502049.html

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

leica posted:

PISTOL GRIP FOR REALZ

http://elmira.craigslist.org/cto/858828919.html

Screenshots are nice:

Click here for the full 1265x1049 image.

Best part of the ad:
"car was just taken off the road and runs and drives fine,but does need some work.DONT email and ask what it needs"

Car needs work. But I ain't gonna tell ya what it needs. It's like the mechanic lotto! Spin the wheel of automotive issues!

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

deratomicdog posted:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/861031720.html

But the best part is the picture, how detailed!

Holy poo poo! I know that guy! He sold me an 87 Audi 5000 CSTQ Wagon

A bit Almost threw me off his property when I came to look at the Audi because I was driving a "fedmobile" (I WAS driving a fedmobile, actually, 95 Caprice 9C1 in all black). Started talking about how cops spy on him and crazy poo poo like that...

But he had good beer, and I really wanted that Audi wagon...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

Just imagine what that thing will look like when the next owner doesn't have 24s... has to put 15" steelies on it to drive it home...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

VanFullOfMidgets posted:

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/887017351.html

Note the GREAT pictures and amazing price.

Click here for the full 1213x472 image.

That "dent in the rear" looks like it starts in the rear and proceeds all the way to the front bumper...

Sheesh...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

I would drive the hell out of this thing... but only after adding some heavy push bars
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/894690345.html

Click here for the full 425x2048 image.

Urban Commando posted:

1992 Ford Crown Victoria. Ex Highway patrol car (so it has all the cool cop parts, which in this case is only the computer). Transmission is funky and causes a shake at low speeds. It has a PI (that's short for Power Improved) 260 HP motor out of a 2002 Mercury that only has 61,000 miles on it. I have no Idea how many miles on the actual car chassie, the odometer stopped working when the speedo stoped working.

Of course it has all the Police package stuff like vinal floors, AM/FM radio, very cool A pillar spot light, and bucket seats up front. No Granny bench seats here. The car has humongous 32" truck tires in the rear, and the front tires are near bald. The car has been painted (with a brush) in Ace Hardware interior latex called 'Green Beret'. It has WWII Style invasion stars and has been cristened the 'Raleigh Bell'.

Fun car, probably the cheapest, or biggest, or scariest convertable you will ever own. $500 cash and it's yours. It has a clear title and is ready for it's new home.

UPDATE: I have had several inquiries as to if the top is manual or if it comes up automaticly. Listen up, for $500 it has NO TOP. I don't know what you would call this (parade car mabey?) but there is no 'converstion' to the convertable, it is top down all the time.

UPDATE II: When you E-mail me as ask what is my lowest price and I reply "I am only asking $500 so how much lower do you want me to go?" that is not an invitation for you to try to low ball me. That is me calling you a cheap sonofabitch. If you think offering me '$350 CASH' for this will get my mouth watering you are mistaken and that will be the last communication I will have with you.

Sorry for the odd sized screen cap...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

DropShadow posted:

Sorry to post this tired cliché, but if it were close to me I would buy it. I'm not kidding. Sure, it's quickly becoming winter here in Minnesota, but I'd buy it, stick it in my garage and fix what it needed until I could proudly drive it around all next summer. There's no way my wife would let me buy a used cop car, chop the top off it and paint it flat green, but how could she argue with one that's already had all that done for ONLY $500?

No cliche necessary. If I could afford the time and spare the cash I WOULD go buy this... today. BUT, I've already got two Miatas, an F-150, an Audi 80 and a 95 Caprice cop car, so my wife would kick me out and force me to live in the back of one of them...

I always wanted to buy something like a mid-70s land yacht and cut the top off like that, maybe even weld the doors shut... I was going to paint mine some other color, but the army green is awesome.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

Toucan Sam posted:

I've have no idea what this is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...hlink:middle:us

Quite a few pictures but none from the right angle.

Ok... I'll bite that it's a 65 Lincoln... but what happened to it? Looks like it's been shortened by several feet... and what's with the two hoods and that apparent gap between the motor and the firewall? (and the apparent wood firewall)?

Reminds me a bit of a project one of my dad's friends is working on... he took a 57 Chevy Bel-Aire 4-door and removed everything from the driver seatback to the rear deck, chopped the top and had to fabricate a shortened frame to fit the body on...

I'd never buy it, but if I lived close, I'd go see that lincoln just to look at it up close...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Edit: Bonus link to car domain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2215970

The "Before" images on the car domain page are just ... just ...

I think it's even better than Cheetos

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

JackRabbitStorm posted:

I used to work at a car wash in town where this guy would bring his corsica in all the time. "Pimped" interior mods included an 8 foot rope light, a 13 inch black and white tv, and house speakers.

Every time I see pictures like this, part of me thinks "nah, that's a photoshop, or something else. No one REALLY does that to their car..." then someone like you comes along and forces me to see that the things I see on the internet really DO exist...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

slammed and shaved posted:

The bag set up includes Slam Specialty bags with 1/2" airline and 8 1/2" MacDaddy valves. It has Belltech drop spindles in the front. In the back is the suicidedoors. com 3 link.7 gallon tank,2 Viair 450C's.Slam specialites 2600 lb. bags at all 4 corners. It has front,back, and side to side , and pancake.Body work includes shaved doors,tailights replaced with 89-93 caddy deville tailights.Previous full skin got drug off.I bought a new grant kustoms skin and haven't replaced it yet.Also most of the interior has been removed. The dash,door panels, headliners are all sold but the rest I have. I drive the truck everyday so it runs great. Also the front windshield has a crack in it from where the old hood flew up and hit it while I was going like 25 mph.

Click here for the full 1265x1066 image.

It has no dash, but I drive it every day. And don't even think about trying to put anything at all in the bed because it's got a BIG GAPING HOLE where I cut half the bed out to fit all the suspension!

Cute little NEON, trying to be a race car:

wish I had a race car posted:

2000 dodge neon automatic
Hi i have a 2000 dodge neon very sporty looking
has a sports muffler on it, so it sounds like a race car,
it only has 120 miles
2000 dodge neon
Air Condition, Tilt Wheel
Dual Front Air Bags
Power Steering AM/FM Stereo
Power Windows Cassette
call me today to set up a time that works for us

Click here for the full 1265x1126 image.

It has a sports muffler so it sounds like a race car. And only has 120 miles on it!!

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

AkrisD posted:

How do you owe 30k on anything from 2003 that you bought last year? That car was 5 years old when he bought it and it's not overly rare or an exotic sports car. It's an old abused Evo for christsakes. When I bought my miata it was during summer and I overpaid by about 1200, but overpaying by at least ten grand is ridiculous!
Most likely answer - he was upside down on whatever he traded in on the car.

This, and he had no or poo poo credit and got the typical "surprise sex me in the rear end" loan at 20% - 30%.

Then again, owing money on a trade in will always get you... my friend got stuck like that... he bought a Chrysler back when he first got married, paid something like 10K for it, and it lasted maybe a year before it fell apart. He ended up trading that in on an XTerra but had to tack on the 7 or 8K he owed on the chrysler. Then they had their third kid, and needed something bigger, so traded the XTerra in on a Chevy Venture, and had to tack on the diff between trade in value and the outstanding loan on the Xterra, PLUS whatever was left of the debt from the Chrysler onto the loan to get the Venture.

Even after rebates, incentives, and talking the dealer down about 5K on the price, he still ended up paying about 10K more than what the van would have cost him with NO incentives and rebates had he never bought the chrysler...

It's really easy to snowball like that... which is one of the reasons I never buy a car that I can't pay fully off in 12 months... and typically, I buy ones I can pay for in cash. I've only had one car note since I was fresh out of High School and that was because I just HAD to have a 95 Caprice 9C1 (well, I have to admit, that IS a hella fun boat to sail around in).

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

ConnStalker posted:

but the stero costed my feonsay 160$...
http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/1013082296.html

So the 160 dollar stereo makes her 300 dollar car worth 500 or 550?

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

I... I just died a little inside

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

Weinertron posted:

Wait.... what?

This thing has a plastic blower on it as well? How on Earth can he title it as a Corvette? If it were possible to title cars as other things as he was suggesting, wouldn't half of California be running "50's cars" so they don't have to pass emissions?

Oh god I'm focusing on the titling thing because my mind just cannot process what he has done.

It's as if he took every popular automotive meme since '53 and lumped them into one genetically altered abomination. That vehicle will destroy us all! It must be stopped at all costs.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

nanodroogie posted:

Here, let me help you with that:

Click here for the full 1033x992 image.

"EVERYONE who walks or drives past this car stares and im gettin tired of that too." VOLFENHAG!

Is it he's tired of them staring at it, or laughing at the choice of interior and exterior decoration?

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

Man-Eating Cow posted:

I wonder how many people would be spared the embarrassment of posting pictures of tits or scans of random notes to family members if they figured out how to look at thumbnails before hitting Upload.

I don't know about you, but I really want to buy a nicely used Fiesta now...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

*Buy my 200K mile 96 Integra for 8500 because I put sick cash into it yo...

And he basically copied a forum post (even mentions random forum members) and posted that directly to CL...

I can't shrink this down to anything respectable without making it unreadable, so here's a full screen cap (on my own hosting) Buy my 96 'Teggy' The full size has to be seen to be belived...

Here's the text though:

boostin91teg posted:

96 Turbo Teggy *Fresh Paint* - $8500 (Va Beach)
Date: 2009-10-07, 1:19PM EDT
Reply to: sale-5anzu-1410676494@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Jeremy
Virginia Beach
757-305-7706 Call or Text
boostin91teg@yahoo.com

Asking 8500 or trades..... looking for a nice 4x4 truck but open to offers (no rangers or s10's please). I have several other cars and I am not pressed to sell this at all.

NO I WILL NOT TAKE PAYMENTS
NO I DO NOT WANT YOUR MINI VAN OR ANY OTHER JUNK. THIS CAR RUNS PERFECT WITH ZERO ISSUES.

I got this a little while ago from Dead Memory on this forum. The car needed some serious TLC when I got it. Needless to say, I have dumped a bunch of money into it to get it into tip top shape. The car was also just painted by Duane (nftuatn) and it looks PERFECT . Anyways onto the details.......

1996 Acura Integra LS
202,XXX on chassis
5 speed

Exterior:

Fresh Championship White paint job by NFTUATN (car was previously green)
All holes for badges and wing have been shaved
body and paint are 10/10
98-01 Tails
New headlights
10k HIDs
New OEM mudflaps

Interior:

Very clean Tan Interior 9/10
Polished short throw
Carbon fiber shift knob
Black shift boot w/ red stiching
New carbon fiber rear deck lid
New Pioneer double din w/ bluetooth and sat. radio
Boston acoustics tweeters
Alpine interior speakers

Suspension / Brakes / Wheels

Hayame 1 piece coilovers
New Performance Drilled and slotted rotors
New brake pads
New 15x7 RPF1's knock offs
New Kuhmo Ecsta AST tires
New front strut bar
New rear strut bar
New C-pillar bar
New lower tie bars

Engine and Trans

Motor and Trans out of 00 ls ( I believe the previous owner Deadmemoryy said 110k on motor I will find out and update the thread)
New timing belt
New valve cover gasket
New tube seals
New spark plugs
New oil pan and tap
New oil pan gasket
New exhaust (very quiet and stockish looking) also have apexi exhaust to go with it
ACT stage 3 clutch and heavy duty pressure plate

Turbo Setup

Tial wastegate
RC550 CC injectors
Master Power 57trim T3t4
Drag manifold
2.5 in downpipe
Drag intercooler and piping all flat black
Blitz BOV
P75 ECU on crome
Jumper harness 0bd2 to 0bd1
Walbro 255LPH pump
New manual boost controller
Car was Hennesey tuned on 10 psi

Extras
Car alarm w/ 2 remotes
Tow hooks

BBS RIMS WILL NOT BE ON THE CAR

8500 bucks and I won't even give you the BBS rims... but Duane painted it.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

ElehemEare posted:

Paging oxbrain?

Jebus... if that thing was closer, I'd go pick it up this afternoon. That would be perfect to just tear the gently caress out of... or put it on a trailer and take it to autocross...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

Tai-Pan posted:

That is list is pretty much the reason I have not purchased a Nighster. Its a good looking basic bike that is affordable, but the "scene" associated with the Harely Badge is just so embarrassing.

When my dad was looking for his Retirement Toy, one of the guys he worked with, a big Harley guy, kept trying to get my dad to buy a Harley.

My dad finally looked at him one day and said, "Well, I can afford to buy a new Harley, but buying all the crap to go with it would bankrupt me."

Dad finally bought a Honda VTX 1800 and rides the hell out of it.

Much as I would like to buy a Harley, just for the novelty of it, listening to all the Harley owners I know makes me think that Harleys are like British sports cars.

They spend at least as much time being repaired as they do on the road.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

VideoTapir posted:

More important...does the supercharger work, and does the on-off switch work?

Probably not... I'd guess. I looked those up a couple years ago and most of them have fake superchargers... I think there WERE a couple that did have functional blowers, but the majority of them are just for looks...

That movie instilled in me as a young child, the subconscious need to have a car with a large motor and a blower that works at the flick of a switch...

Sadly, I still haven't lived that dream yet...

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

ssh posted:

!!!91 CAMARO RS 1800 - $1800 (reno sparks)

i have a 91 camaro 5 speed no rust no leaks strong smallblock 350 t top nice just put in a new stairo well give me a call at 775 221 3805 give me a call today ok thank you and if you want to look at the car i am at 5th n keystone at the smoken head shop well thanks and give me a call thank you tex me for picks let me know if you have any thing to trade for the ccar well let me know

Do you have stairo in your car?

Seriously though, I don't know if this is or true gold... for 1800 bucks, if it's at least in decent mechanical shape, about 20 bucks worth of flat black spray and that'd be a fun car to ride around in.

Hell, I'd even grow a mullet to drive that thing around.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

frozenphil posted:

My standard rule is to avoid ads where "car still runs" is a bold enough statement to deserve its own sentence.

I don't know... given the number of sub-$1500 cars that show up on CL and places like that that are either rusted hulks in someone's back yard, "runs fine but has a blown head gasket/threw a rod/etc", or "ran great when parked, in 1995", saying that it currently runs fine is a selling point.

Now if only I had 650 and the time to drive to Norfolk... I always liked the old 280Zs... but my wife would make me life in it if I brought yet another vehicle home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

How the hell do you end up with an RX8 in that bad of shape after four-five years?

To make a broad, oversweeping generalizaion... the seller's name is Kristin (most people tend to list themselves first when listing contacts) and I'd imagine it was something like:

"OMG DADDY THAT CAR IS SO CUTE! BUY IT FOR ME PLEEEEEEEZ"
4 - 5 years later( of rough use and little to no maintenance)

"Huh, it doesn't run anymore. I want a different car."