Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
This guy HAS TO BE an Automotive Insanity goon.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1418729461.html

quote:

I have had a lot of fun with this car. I have a lot of upper crusty-very-nosy-and-snooty-Lexus-driving-neighbors. (I also have an HOA) That is the major perk to owning this car. I would come home and park this at the end of the driveway for all to see. Occasionally I would just leave the door open all night long for the joggers and ganderers to marvel at. Another fun thing to do when your at the grocery store is to park next to a brand new high end car that is parked way out on the outskirts of the lot.( This is really the most fun! ) At work when my co-workers and I go out for lunch, It was only “my turn to drive” one time, oddly it has never been “My turn” again. I contemplated keeping the car and purchasing antique plates (it's eligible) for it to keep the dream alive. But I would like to buy a used ATV. I have also matured a decided it's no fun to make the neighbors frown every day...So bye bye rabbit. Sniff, sniff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Is any modern car with over 200k really worth more than $1000?

Might belong in stupid questions, but I'm genuinely curious. At over 200k, aren't you just waiting for the engine to blow out?; assuming the trans has already been replaced at mileage that high.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Custom Off-Road smart car - $10000 (Selma)

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/custom-off-road-smart-car/6569691469.html

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

My dream car is actually a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 in laser red with the chrome wheels :allears:

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

Sure, it just reads more like "Hey dispensary owners, want to pick up a felony gun charge while you're at it?"

Way off-topic for the thread here, but why do you think they would get a felony gun charge?
Felony gun charges are given for felon's in possession of guns, or for un-licensed un-registered gun users.
The type of individual who can own, finance, and operate a medical marijuana dispensary is probably well aware of those laws. They're also not given any legal federal protection or even at this time state-level protection for their dispensaries, their profits, or transportation of their product. Dispensary owners have to hire private security right now in this country to procure, move, and store their finances.

It might be a ridiculous truck, but it's actually a pretty logical selling point.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

As I understand it, it's a felony to own a gun if you smoke the devil's lettuce, and it just kind of feels like there's not a lot of overlap in the "owns a dispensary" and "doesn't smoke" Venn diagrams.

I am not well-versed in legal terms so if "felony gun charge" isn't the correct phrase I apologize, it's just the one I see used when someone gets caught owning a gun when they can't.

All due respect - but you misunderstand federal law regarding gun ownership and use. It is not illegal to legally own a firearm and smoke medicinal marijuana. Just the same as it's not illegal to be an alcohol drinker, and legally own a firearm.
Medical marijuana is not an illegal controlled substance. Even moreso in states where it is medicinally distributed, as well as now recreationally distributed.
You posted the laws regarding "unlawful use of, or addiction to..." It's not illegal, or unlawful, to consume medical marijuana in many states.
You posted "of a controlled substance...outlined in Section 102 of the controlled substance act..."

Here you go, read up if you are interested https://wdr.doleta.gov/directives/attach/UIPL/UIPL-1-15_Attachment_2_Acc.pdf

On the other hand, if you are intoxicated on any substance, legal or illegal, while brandishing, discharging, or displaying a firearm - then in that situation it's illegal.

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 2, 2018

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

As I understood it, it was a violation of the Second Amendment only if the firearms were purchased after the state Legislation passes, or was passed. Not before.
That's pretty poo poo for legal gun owner's in the U.S. who are treating illness with M.M., and now are being considered criminals for legally obtaining firearms.
Especially the veterans I know who are treating their P.T.S.D. and related wartime induced illness with M.M.

I guess I'm the wrong one, sorry.

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 2, 2018

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/d/classic-1984-dodge-rampage/6651872533.html

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Bought this today. Only 100,000 original miles, single owner driven, everything works, no CEL, new tires, no smoke, no leaks, no problems.
2000 Acura CL 3.0l for only $1800. I talked him down from $2000 because there is a hairline crack in the front windshield from a rock chip I'll need to replace.
But $1800 for a nice Acura with only 100k feels like gold to me.

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 1, 2018

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

boxen posted:

My fly-out-drive-home story didn't go well, I flew from Portland, OR to Boise for a Fiero that I was going to drive home. I asked the guy if it'd last a long trip, he said he drove it around town but wouldn't trust it on a long drive, so of course I flew out...

The only big issue (that I was aware of at the time) was that fifth gear and reverse (right below 5th on the stick shift) didn't work, I thought it was a linkage issue and I could drive home in 4th. Yeah, no. Turns out that was a different problem, and compounding that one was the fact that the transmission oil had all leaked out.

I got about 2 hours down the road (to Baker City, Oregon) when the transmission locked up solid when I stopped for gas, wouldn't come out of gear. Had it towed to a shop (which was open on Saturdays, lucky) and they said it was hosed and could look at it Monday. Having just paid a grand for the car, I wasn't going to pay shop rates for a new transmission. Took the greyhound home that night, rented a trailer the next day and borrowed a truck from a friend, and drove back. Pushed the car onto the trailer with a forklift, and drove right back home, unloaded the car into my garage at about 1am that night by putting rubbermaid tub lids under the rear wheels (was still stuck in gear) and dragging the car off the trailer with a combination of a come-along and dangling my body weight from a tow rope tied to the rear subframe and the backmost rafter in my garage.

Eventually replaced the transmission, still have the car. Happy endings!
All that for a $1k fiero! You're a legend in the fly out game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Coredump posted:

You guys really should've taken more joy from a story of a goon getting punched sheesh. If I couldn't brighten yalls day with a little bit of facial bruising then what's this all been for?

I found it to be a hilarious and exceptional story hearing about you being clocked in your noggin; if that's any consolation.