Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

bandman posted:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/729093965.html

Only $20,000?!?!?! SOLD! He put "$30,000" in mods in that car, I can't lose! :downs:

The best part is the HOTHOTHOT red anodized aluminum shift knob. On the automatic shifter.

The best part is the loving steering wheel. That's gotta be annoying to turn through 900° of rotation. That, or the 4k worth of engine "mods" that probably added zero horsepower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

slidebite posted:

I also love their mechanical diagnosis

If it's a loose wire than why did you fix it retard?

Almost as good as stuff like:

ENGINE STARTING TO TICK, BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S SERIOUS or SOMEONE MECHANICALLY INCLINED CAN FIX NO PROBLEM.

MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN!!!

There are so many loving ads like that. I'm looking for an e30 or e36 bmw 325is, and it's ridiculous trying to find one. Half of the ads are "just needs xxx part, only 35 from the dealer". That's pretty much a huge warning sign to completely disregard the car if they haven't even done a "simple" fix.

sirr0bin posted:

http://winnipeg.en.craigslist.ca/cto/799040674.html

I don't care how low the mileage is, a 1991 Mazda 626 is not worth $10,000.

I don't know how it works in winnipeg, but out in nova scotia anything that old is worth 1000 if it has a new inspection, and about nothing more unless it's something special.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Ever since I bought my e30 I still check the BMW ads to see what ridiculous poo poo there is.

VERY FAST 3 Series M3 BMW

Click here for the full 1312x729 image.

quote:

Open to offers of over $40.000. $78.000 in receipts over 3 years.
Dinan tuned and rebuilt from Florida. I have the dyno figures of 534 hp on request when we meet.
We had the car doing 316 kph and there looks like alot more to go. My cousin just bought a new one. 17 inch multi-spoke BMW staggered rims included for winter.

As to the idiot that emailed me saying his 500hp Honda will kick my A**.. do you mean like in a real race that proves your cars worth, like hitting tight constant sharp corners at extreme speed. If so your cute little commuter bodied, feminized FWD will be on its roof at the first turn. I know you REALLY want to beleive that you and your car are some how really cool with fiberglass everywhere and a loud muffler stuck to it.. its not.. it's gay.. sorry. And everyone knows it, accept juveniles stuck in a weed induced haze of denial.. drawing their checks from a call center. Why do you think F1 cars are all RWD.. so their not on their roofs.

To the rest of the breathing world..

A simple online check will show you the 3 series BMW has been and is still the BEST handling car in the world in its class for over 20 years.

It's like two ends of the retard spectrum.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=75744367&img=http://kijiji.ebayimg.com/i19/08/k/000/7c/8c/a09f_18.JPG?set_id=1C4000

quote:

1976 Chevrolet Corvette
Price: $59,900.00

Date Listed: 21-Sep-08

1976 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, Daytona kit, red viper, gold stripes, back-up camera, a unique show car, new from one end to the other, no expenses were spared, full chrome motor, 35 k. gold on some parts. Matching numbers. Same owner since 25 years. Winner of lots of trophies.

Click here for the full 750x507 image.

Click here for the full 750x409 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
You can have this great condition* 99 328 convertible!

*interpretation may vary

quote:

THIS CAR JUST CAME FROM TORONTO YESTERDAY.1999 BMW 328 I C CABRIOLET, IT WAS AN INS RIGHT OFF BECAUSE IT WAS THEFT AND RECOVERED,(all the seats are cut, all panels are keyd,also needs couple windows broke) THE FIRST 6500.00 WILL TAKE THE CAR HOME

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-BMW-1999-BMW-328-IC-CONVERTIBLE-NEEDS-WORK-6CYL-5-SPD-LOADED-W0QQAdIdZ91705213

6500 for a busted rear end vert that will probably cost thousands to repair and has been written off by insurance? Sign me up!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Lusso posted:

This person is offering to rent their 2004 911 for $125 per day. Interesting.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/944762868.html

Click here for the full 1260x765 image.

I'd definetely pay 125 to rent a 911 for a day, assuming the owner doesn't tag along.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

The "5000 dollar luxocar" ads are getting loving annoying on kijiji. I used to tag all the ones I find, but now the BMW section is literally half "2001 m3 $5000 must go". I refuse to believe people are that loving stupid.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

wintermuteCF posted:

What is going on here?

http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/1023855346.html

That can't be real, KBB has it about 16k for the value. And if it's a fake/scam, what the gently caress do they gain, it's not like people are going to give them money without a car. I'm so confused.

it's a loving scam stop posting these

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

I posted that awhile ago. Douchebag has been trying to sell it forever, but of course it will never sell.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
this is far and away the most mind boggling misspelling i've seen

i looked at his other ads, he also has a CALATSH in stock as well.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 21, 2009

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

The body/interior look to be in decent shape despite the age, but I'd hate to see what problems the engine has if the person has taken care of it like a regular car.

Of course it also looks like it's parked on a lot, so mabye the idiot making the ad has no idea.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Do you think the man literally doesn't want to sell it to a descendant of Abraham, or is merely using the stereotype that Jews are "cheap/stingy" and therefore doesn't want you to low ball him or something?

I'd like to see someone show up as a hasidic jew and offer him the asking price.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

akeidolon posted:

Why yes, I would love to buy your illegally imported and/or stolen Skyline with no documentation aside from an insurance card that was probably left in the glove box.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1140943878.html

He has the BC registration. Why you'd try to sell that in the states I have no loving idea, but it could be sold up here.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-BMW-1991-BMW-325i-Convertible-W0QQAdIdZ128495570

Click here for the full 1076x862 image.

quote:

1991 BMW 325i Convertible
Price: $11,650.00

Wipers for the headlights do not work.
Serious offers please. It’s been really hard trying to decide to sell this so I don’t want to deal with hopeful buyers. Thanks.

If he wanted serious offers he wouldn't be asking twice what the car *might* be worth to a huge e30 enthusiast. Why do people think a well maintained version of a fairly common car, even here in nova scotia.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

vivacthulhu posted:

Also his figure of 26 mpg seems on the incredibly optimistic side, maybe that's why it's worth so much.

Didn't even notice that. If I do nothing but highway driving, I can mabye get 22. No way an m20 is pushing 26.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

The Anal Pirate posted:

I've seen a few eBay listings in this thread, is this type of "gold" allowed here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...kparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1308#ebayphotohosting

I don't know enough about BMWs to know if its a good deal/bead deal et cetera, but I do think this is one drat fine looking wagon.

I noticed that on bimmerforums. It's a really nice e30, but not 25k nice. For that price you could get a mint e30 m3 with less than 50k on it.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Carbonate posted:

Can anyone tell me what "custom car no cat in canada like it need to go" could POSSIBLY mean?

Hint: t is next to r on a keyboard. Also, terrible grammar.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Yet another reason why E30s are so loving hard to find around here:

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-FOR-SALE-or-TRADE-BMW-325i-E30-CLASSIC-89-STYLE-W0QQAdIdZ137629184

quote:

1989 BMW 325i E30 (3 Series) , Inline 6 cyc., auto
ps, pb, pl... This car has never seen a winter, very well maintenced by BMW certified mechanic only. The car was restored in 2007 out of love (never in accident), new fenders and front end, floor, etc., including custom paint and many M3 upgrades and modifications over the past 4 years such as:

- Dinan Performance Software (Engine Chip) installed
- Borbet Chrome Rims (and good tires)
- Tuner FX seats
- Viper Alarm System inclusing motion sensors & 3 remotes.
- JVC CD, DVD, AM, FM, etc. with remote & Sony Xplodes
- Custom paint Laser Red with two-tone pearl: gold & orange
- Zimmerman cross drilled rotor kit (4 wheels)
- M3 Lighted Mirrors with turn signal markers
- M3 double blow light rear-view mirror
- Euro rear Spoiler with 3rd tail light
- Custom pedals and badges
- Euro Altezza tail lights .... and more.

This car was recently appraised at $29,500.00 CAD + TAX There are so many things to say about this car and not enough space here to write it, but for serious inquiries I am selling for $18,000.00 or best reasonable offer. Please visit http://scottsbmw.com for more information, email me from there or phone
(902) 684-1011 (please leave a message).

TRADE CONSIDERATION: I would be interested in trading this car for a sea worthy Bayliner or Bayliner style boat and trailer of equal value or lesser value (considered). If you have a boat & trailer of this sort please contact me - I would love to hear from you.

Apparently appraisal value = (Money spent on mods x Visual Horsepower) + 28,500

I've seen some crazy poo poo, but 18k would buy me a pristine E30 m3. I responded for a full list of mods because I can't even fathom how it would be "appraised" at 30,000 dollars. Of special note is the automatic most likely mated to a bone stock m20 with a whopping 200 dollar dinan chip, which isn't even the best e30 chip.

Click here for the full 1307x753 image.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Carbonate posted:

Ah the fantastic Halifax car scene. There is some really delusional people that seem to be centralized around here for some reason.

Yup. This guy wouldn't even list the mods when he replied though, just some more crap.

quote:

Hello and thank you for contacting me.

As I wrote in the ad, there are so many things I could say about this car
over a drink if you wanted to come see it? If you're serious about the car
I live in Hantsport.

As for additional mods most are cosmetic modifications. Things that make
the car look better, more stable and more fun to be in. However, I think
you're getting at performance... I have not done anything to the motor
other than the racing chip and most importantly it has always been WELL
MAINTAINED. This car (no joking) was looked after as if it had family blood
in it. The car was computer tested to do 315KM @ 0-60MPH in 6.9 seconds on
a simulation in real life I wouldn't know other than that "it can hold its
own". The car naturally comes into its own at 130, but I also had the
wheels computer balanced that it doesn't shimmy at higher speeds.

I have a bunch of stuff to go with it too, like the other engine chip (you
could sell it, because you wouldn't want to down ground), the stock rims,
seats, mirrors and a bunch of other BMW stuff I can't think of right off
top. I'd have to go searching, but its all for the buyer/trader.

See, I am not selling the car for the money or because I don't want it - I
am selling it because I would like to try my hand in the ocean (a boat) and
I think it is a shame for the car to be in storage all the time when I know
there is someone out there who will appreciate the car as much as I did and
I know in return it will serve them well.

Computer tested!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

944 posted:

Pontighini Fierolago LP460

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repl...5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Only 36,000, and it's not even complete!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

kimbo305 posted:

I haven't heard anyone being able to hit that high in one. Real world seems to be around 35, which is really silly for what the car is.

35? Seriously? My 98 civic with 25000km oil change intervals gets 35 on a regular basis. I see so many of them here used as company cars, I figured they got ridiculous mileage.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

OGDanDogg posted:

"2004 Bmw 645ci coupe salvage title 46k miles cinnamon interior.This car is a nice car"

and then you scroll down...

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/1412854271.html

"parts are pretty cheap for this model bmw"

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
2005 330Ci - 26,800 CAD

Sure, it's in great shape, but a slightly older (02-04) m3 will sell for LESS with the same mileage. A realistic price is about 10,000 less.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

slidebite posted:

I don't know what it is, but in general Canadian BMWs are grotesquely overpriced in the vast majority of listings I've seen.

If you're looking at US prices the comparison doesn't really work - they cost more here in the first place, there are fewer of them left (especially in atlantic canada) and the used ones tend to hold value much better. A nice late-model e36 coupe is still gonna be 5-7k.

Of course, that one is just insane. I count 4 e46 m3s in my city that cost less.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
if you even have to think about it, it's a scam.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Timmy Cruise posted:

I don't know any specifics about 535's, or BMW's, but 228K miles is not a small number....

M30B35 is pretty much a bulletproof engine. As long as the chassis is rust free you could drive that thing for a long time after replacing the usual worn rubber poo poo.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

idiot posted:

you and i know what the car is worth

I feel like there might be some disagreement on this point.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

glyph posted:

I'm a big fan of the "asking $2500, but willing to take $2k :v:" idiots. As if somehow by the goodness of some buyers heart they're going to be gifted that extra $500.

"Taking all offers over 3500"

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Newly-maintained-BMW-Priced-for-quick-sale-W0QQAdIdZ251719388

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

slidebite posted:

Is that even a real M3? The badging from the rear shot looks like it's off about 15 degrees.

Judging by the valve cover, it has aluminum (now bright orange) filler cap, so it at least appears to be an S50/S52.

But then it has a 4-spoke steering wheel...

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

slidebite posted:

Don't even consider driving it until we make up a contract and you give me 50% of the money for my horribly overpriced car. In fact, I won't even show it to you until you make me a serious offer.

If you're lucky I'll respond to your inquiry and let you smell my poo poo. Want photos? gently caress you.

PS: You owe me money by even reading this ad and making me waste my time by writing it. :colbert:

What the hell is it with BMW owners and test drives? I was considering a 318is with a rebuilt motor but the guy refused to let anyone test drive it, he would only drive you around in it.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
text from an ad for a 540i:

quote:

here is my 1997 540 1, it is fully loaded with every option you can imagine, from heated steering wheel, power telescopic and tilt, heated leather, 6 way power seats a 200 watt , 6 cd changer, the motor is a powerful v-8 with 324 foot-pounds @ 3,600 RPM (or 222 hp at this RPM). This is more potent than almost anything. For instance, the 2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage ($110,000) has only 302 ft-lbs and the 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S ($79,100) has only 295 foot-pounds. Torque is what accelerates a car, not horsepower. Horsepower only relates to top speed, and cars today are electronically limited for top speed so horsepower is irrelevant even if you could drive anywhere near top speed.
290 hp @ 5,400 RPM (or 282 ft-lbs at this RPM)
10.0 : 1 compression ratio
3.26 bore x 3.62" stroke (82.7 x 92.0 mm)
Bosch Motronic M 7.2 with adaptive knock control
give me a call , might consider trades.. (902) 543-2186

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Actual gold?

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1974-BMW-Bavarir-2500-W0QQAdIdZ268418437

Well, mabye not. Hasn't run since 1994. Interesting though.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 22, 2011

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

heat posted:

Except isn't the M20 reliable as all hell as long as you maintain it? (Emphasis on the "maintain it" part)

That's an M42.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1998-BMW-3-Series-325i-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ269653508

1998 325? zuh? Let's see what the badge says:

Definetely not an M3. Oh look, a 4cyl tailpipe!

Wouldn't a dealer at least check the VIN before making a listing?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

iv46vi posted:

Sorry, I'm a bit late for the discussion of overpriced e30, but here's a contender for you:
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1985-E30-BMW-3-Series-European-Spec-318is-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ270576396

oh, insurance appraisal values

Holy poo poo. It's not even an m42, it's a loving M10. There isn't any such thing as a 1985 318is.

And here I thought I just found the winner for overpriced e30:

quote:

I have a 1991 BMW convertible for sale. This is an original German car in mint condition. It has been very well maintained and has maintenance records. Anything it needed, it got as well as some extras. Brand new rims and tires the end of last summer. It has never seen salt and barely seen rain. It's stored in a garage all summer and is stored in a car storage from Sept to May. This is a beauty!! I do not have pictures as it is still in storage until the end of April. If you are thinking of a nice convertible, you could look at this one when I bring it home. Asking $13,500.00

Why the hell have the eurospec prices TRIPLED in recent years? My rust-free 325iX cost me 4k from a guy who imported it himself.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
poo poo, I can't even recall the last time I've seen a spirit/acclaim. I figured they had all exploded by now.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
A followup on that hilarious 20k e30 318 posted earlier:

quote:

Another addition - here's an email I sent to an E30 (in my opinion) expert who had questions about my car. Hopefully this reply will explain myself to all the other highly knowledgeable E30 people out there...

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of keeping it anyway - to give to my son many years from now.

I think I'll add this email to my post to explain myself.

I too am a BMW E30 nut. I own three 318i's right now - two from 1985 and one from 1991.

I've also owned an 86 325es and an 89 325ix, but I prefer the 318i. And strange as this may sound, I find the M10 engine the most problem free of the bunch.

Just to explain myself - I am a Canadian military pilot and was stationed in Germany in the mid 1980's. As such I saw with my own eyes a handful of 85 318is models roaming around the countryside - only around 200 of them were ever built. I couldn't afford one at the time, so when I returned to Canada I eventually bought a 318i and tried to spec it out exactly as the 318is that I saw in Germany.

Hence - it is true that the E30 318i in 85 did come as an "is" in a limited production run. It had the upgraded sport seats and the three spoke wheel that I put into my car (I did see two with the M tech wheel and I have one in my garage but never got around to installing it - I like the standard three spoker better anyway - I could have purchased a set of standard BMW sport seats but thought the Recaro LNX seats were a better choice). The guys that owned them over there showed me the mods BMW did to these cars for the limited production run. They indeed kept the rear drum brakes and solid front rotors but upgraded the suspension and wheel/tire combo (14 inch only - but I wanted to go with the 15 inch BBS). The M10 engine was not modified - only the exhaust system was changed to allow better breathing.

Thus I wanted to spec my car out as close to one of these as possible. Except for the bumpers I think I did a pretty good job (from what I can remember)... right down to the Euro clock instead of the North American digital one. I kept the North American Alpine stereo as it was better (if you can believe it) than the standard 318is stereo in Germany at the time.

So there you have it - hopefully all the E30 nuts out there will understand where I'm coming from and what I'm talking about now.

That's why I am calling this a rare E30 Euro Spec 318is from 1985...

Indeed - please let me know when you organize your E30 meet in May. I would love to see all the other E30's.

Regards,

Terry

I specced out my bog standard 318i like a limited run of the WORST version of a classic car, so it must be worth 20k!

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Gotta be a joke. While BMW owners love to post stupid ads and make me angry, that one is too over the top.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

"What the gently caress is a period?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

MrChips posted:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1986-BMW-3-Series-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ285650930

$12,000 for a clapped out eta with fake angel eyes? There had better be a gold bar hidden under the seat.

I mentioned it in the BMW thread, but in the last year it seems everyone thinks their e30 is gold plated.

For that price, I could buy any one of the following: E36 M3, E46 330i, E34 M5, E39 540i Sport, etc. E30s have their appeal but you have to be mental to think they are rare enough to be worth 12k. Throw in another few thousand and you could have a proper E30 M3 which WILL hold its value.