Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007
Boy's have penises and girls have vaginas

Moruitelda posted:

I don't know for sure, but probably between 8 and 9 for registration. The details are at ccsportscarclub.org. I'll look into it further if my car is fixed by then (overheating due to malfunctioning radiator fan, shop said the unit itself is fine and is forwarding me to another shop to look for faulty relays and poo poo). Luckily, I've caught the overheating before it got too bad, and compression tests are still within spec. :sigh:

Ahhh, CC sports car club. I went to Rantoul once a couple of years ago, had a good time. I also ran the Camaro at Parkland a few years ago and got kicked off the course for doing donuts. The safety steward(and half the guys there) are complete assholes if you don't take it super-super-seriously, though I did deserve to get kicked off for that one. If you happened to make it out there this year, I was the guy sliding sideways around the course in the silver E55.

Lived there for 18 years in East Urbana. If you ever see a green 1995 Mustang GT with rectangular Camaro exhaust tips(don't ask), that's my dad. Where in CU do you live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007

The Third Man posted:

Showing up at a posh sports car club in a camaro and getting kicked out for doing burnouts and doughnuts is a story I would tell every day for the rest of my life.

Haha, "posh" is the last word I'd use to describe this club. It's more like a group of people with every car imaginable(Miatas to Porsches, to Mustangs, to complete junk) getting together and running the course. Some people take it way too seriously though. What I did? I spun out on a turn, and rather than stop and back up I decided to spin it the rest of the way around and continue on my way, so I did 1 donut. I have it on video if you'd like to see my heinous crime. This was also during "fun runs" at the end, and I was definitely having fun. Now I've learned that as long as the car doesn't go completely around under power I'm not going to get flagged, so I do a bit of power-on oversteer in my 4500 pound car and have a blast! The crowd loves it too.

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007
For a car that looks to be in excellent condition that seems like a fair price considering the Allante's were ~$80,000(or so I heard) 20 years ago. Someone out there has a hard-on for one I'm sure.

Sorry guys, no autocross video, it must be at my parents house. All I could find were my drag-racing videos of the Z/28 and the E55.

Edit: Base price in 1989 was $57,183 for a 200 hp 4.5l V8.

Meathole fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 18, 2009

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

That text did not make it clear that the MR2 was in fact a Cash for Clunkers car.

I'm not sure what else they could have possibly meant when they stated:

"This 1989 MR2 will be available for parts starting this Thursday 9/3.

We now have Cash for Clunkers program cars to pull parts from!!!"

It honestly doesn't get much clearer than that.