Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Who says vans are lame? Vans are rad and cool and good and anyone that says otherwise is a suburban mother.

Modern vans are not cool and not good (looking at you Chrysler and your lame Jim Gaffigan ads) but gimme a 70's Dodge Van with a wizard on the side any day of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Which sounds amazing when uncorked.

I had a poverty spec MX3 as my second car and always wanted one of those since there were way more aftermarket parts than the base motor.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Really? More aftermarket for the v6 than the 1.6 that was the same (minus turbo bits) as in the 323 GTX?

My bad, there were 2 inline 4 motors and I had the SOHC instead of the DOHC. The DOHC had all the parts for it.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

dk2m posted:

I...I kinda like this. It's like an answer to a question no one ever asked and i'm intrigued as gently caress

The question I have is just "why if it has a clean title"?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

StormDrain posted:

This car looks like a rolling coke addiction and also I love it.

Isn't that what most AMGs are? I certainly wouldn't buy one without the cash flow a nose candy habit would support.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

DogonCrook posted:

Also im not sure if there is a more reliable engine than a 318 and its dirt cheap.

The Jeep 4.0 would like a word with you.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Drop a zero off that price and I'd be tempted (to just take the motor).

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

How many other first cars can you think of that would force you to learn both wrenching AND electronics? (Lagonda? That's all I got.)

The heater core going out on my '84 Volvo would like to have a word with you. I learned all about wrenching and electronics on that bitch. Mostly that you don't have turn signals if you take apart the dash and remove the hazard button.

I would also like to add that a good first car should teach you about hand signals and yelling out your windows as loud as possible that you're making a left turn.

e; also a good touch is to have your best friend sitting on the passenger door window sill gesticulating madly about your intentions

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 3, 2017

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

I hate stingers on pretty much everything I've ever seen, but it just looks at home on that.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

You missed the best part of that ad with the pic. He's selling it without the hood, and if you want the hood, it's an extra $1000 cause he has some lovely airbrushing on it and he wants to keep it.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Dadliest Worrier posted:

This was a bullet that a Fiero should’ve taken.

Even a Fiero doesn't deserve that.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Turn it into a Draguar.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Breakfast Feud posted:

Why don't these guys ever use fuel cells? At least this one doesn't have the gas tank held down with a strap I guess...

Because that would cost money compared to just ripping every single thing off.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Raluek posted:

This is why the '56 Ford looks great as a flareside, but anything later than that doesn't. I really don't get why people kept buying flare/step sides into the 70s.

as much as i'm not a ford fanboy, the early 90's flaresides looked quite tasty

this mostly boils down to a friend who had one of them while i drove an 80's square shitbox that had to be rebuilt on a weekly basis

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

davebo posted:

Welp that was good advice. Guy drove over an hour to buy it this morning. Didn't even want to test drive it, just looked it over, heard me start the engine and wrote me a check.

Cash it quick then :sever:. There are much cooler cars you can have now rather than a 15yo Corvette, which was only midly cool when it was new.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Atheistdeals.com posted:

I got one question...where do I sign?

nixon, vicheal, dallers and needs a transition

lmao, that thing needs a flamethrower. too bad its probably a fake post

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

That just needs some PDR and a good buffing.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Well that's not very pedestrian friendly :colbert:

The way we're going in America, pedestrian friendly laws will be a way of the past soon enough. Buy now, invest in the Mad Max future.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Best looking small pickup ever built. I put a stupidly rare and valuable comic book up for sale today for less than market value, enough to buy the truck. We'll see what the weekend brings.

Kinda scummy that they don't mention the mileage at all in the CL posting tho. That's basically the first thing I look at in postings after the price.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Yeah that is legit gold. :fap:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Snowy posted:

Expensive but cool

that rear window

:wow:

a shooting brake volvo in basically mint condition. that's definitely some gold, even at that price

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Rhyno posted:

PLZ STEAL MY NEIGHBORS CAR.

lol especially since they say cryptocurrency is cool by them. anyone trading in buttcoins is out of their loving mind or a scammer

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/746803108949409793

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

I wasn't but I am now.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

FBS posted:

I haven't played in this thread before, is this appropriate?

Yeah, you did good.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

FBS posted:

I'm the interiorcoolers.

I'm the complete lack of a firewall.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Vanagoon posted:

Would having a working air conditioning system make the interiorcooler more effective?

Theoretically, yes.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
That Integra is basically a Roadkill car except it's done by people who didn't have to complete it in 3 days.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Liver Disaster posted:

Modifications are professionally done but 250k+ on the odometer.
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/740-turbo-volvo-wagon/6641650979.html

Really strong mixed feelings.

give him like 1.5k those motors last forever

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

ferrari should sue this guy like they did deadmaus

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

Shipping seems to be roughly the same price, as long as the car doesn't fall apart as you drive home, so I'd rather have the roadtrip experience

Roadtrips are totally the way to go so long as you're not driving something that gets under 10 to the gallon. I did a cross country in an F350 dually with a 460 and got like 7mpg.

The time I did a fly and buy, I packed a second suitcase full of tools just in case I needed to fix anything along the way. Thankfully the only problem I had was the trans leaking and running out of fluid every 300 miles or so and I knew it was on it's way out before hand so I was gonna buy a new one anyway.

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 7, 2018

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Yeah you gotta get a bunch of info from the person before hand, pictures of everything, video with sound of it running. I spent like a week talking to the guy I bought my Fury from.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

DJ Commie posted:

I drove a Mercedes 190 Cosworth sight-unseen 3500 miles with no HVAC, no cooling fan, no radio, no plates, and almost no working gauges other than the tach and a speedo that read 25mph slow at 90. I wouldn't have traded anything for that trip.

Yeah there's nothing like a road trip where things go not terribly wrong, but wrong enough that it makes it seem like an adventure.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

How did they get the motorcycle in the bed? There's no tailgate.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I love how the 300 clip doesn't even come close to lining up with the rest of the body.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

BoostCreep posted:

Great condition, manual, and reasonably priced for the mileage and rarity. And look at that steering wheel!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/340677629849529/

drat, that's just a lil too far from me for me to be interested in.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Up if you get to keep the cats obviously.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/orl/5948013632.html

This is a Subaru Volkswagen Car Invention. It is a functioning vehicle. It has two engines, one in the front and one in the back. They both function. The asking price is $7,000 or best offer.

The front half is a 1985 Subaru GL 4 cylinders. The back end is a 1973 Volkswagen Beetle 4 cylinders.

Esta es una invencion. Es un Subaru Volkswagen. El vehiculo si funciona. Tiene dos motores, uno al frente y una atras. Los dos funcionan. El precio es $7,000 o mejor oferta.

El frente es un Subaru GL del 1985, 4 cilindros. La parte de atras es un Volkswagen Beetle del 1973, 4 cilindros.

I would rather have this than the previous Mazerati even though this would probably be just as much of a mechanical nightmare.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Nitrox posted:

The supercharger is definitely plumbed into an intake, but there is no belt to run it. It just passes air. AC doesn't work in this setup either

Yeah that is basically the automotive equivalent of an Anti-Mad Max. Driven by the engine but produces no extra power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

Disconnecting a/c is an instant hp gain.

Only if you're running it.

e; ok, running a not on ac pump maybe takes 2-3 hp