Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Sounds exactly like the Airwolf (if anyone remembers that show) startup. I'd just play that theme song all the time while driving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

What we swedes usually do is buy parts from Germany, unless it's second hand parts. Sometimes it's half price or more shipped.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

I love it when people describe and list how much all the useless stuff they've put on the car cost them as a way to prove what the car is worth. Who cares? If you do custom poo poo like that, you should expect it to be lost money, better to save the original parts, put them back on, and take what custom parts you can off it and sell those parts. I pretty much never see custom cars sell here, either they have some kind of fantasy land price, or they are so cheap that no one wants them anyway because they are poo poo.

I do however love it when people list recent maintenance done to the car in the ad.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

18 owners, although at least 3 of those is the company that owns it now. A "PT investment" in between.
For you Americans:
84000 miles
$53000

Edit: I love that the tax is only $240 dollars a year for such an engine.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 26, 2016

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

I really dislike people who put 1 [currency] as the price, and then put the whole price in the description.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

NoWake posted:

FB marketplace... if you end up using it, don't keep messenger on your phone and definitely don't put your number in the description (assuming anybody actually reads the description) if you want any peace in your life.

So frustrating. Listed my motorcycle and I've got 10 dudes/day asking if it's still available, what motor it has, does it run OK, despite everything being right there in the description.

Ended up selling for $200 off asking price (my actual goal) to the first person who had genuine interest to come out and see it.

I sold a car on our local version of Craigslist. I thought I double checked but accidentaly left off a 0 on the price. Jesus christ how stupid and ferocious people are. Got like 350 messages in an hour and people used the reg number to look me up and started calling my WIFE by getting my name from the reg number, seeing her registered at the same adress and finding he number.
loving retards.
Ended up selling the car to a super nice guy who was not very experienced and didn't know for how long he should test drive the car as he was winding it down after a km or so of city driving. I made him drive on the motorway as well and really get a feel for the car as I didn't want him to regret his purchase later. I even gave him $100 off his offer (that was just $100 off my asking price) for being nice.... I'm not good a selling cars...

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Someone forgot to tell him that you should replace the CAD with actual metal when you are done. :/

Seriously though, why? I get it's fun to fabricate etc, but it will end up like this in 99.9% of cases. Even if it's done it'll look like poo poo.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Godzilla07 posted:

Dammit I think I found real gold and it'll probably be gone by the time I can drive to Tampa to see it

Sometimes I really wish that my frontal lobes were non-existent and I would already be on my way as I am calling the selling 6 hours away. Now I'm like debating it for a week and the car is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Yeah I'm the same. I even gave the guy $100 more than he offered because he was nice to do business with. I'm bad at selling cars. I was so drat fed up with all the annoying people that came crawling out of the woodworks.