Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

VideoTapir posted:

What am I missing here?

That he didn't know how to turn the camera around 90 degrees!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/1015398829.html

Hrrngh.

That is a Countach wing, isn't it? Or a least a rip-off one. I can almost fathom painting a DeLorean - even though you can still work dents out of the stainless and rebrush - but why is it always the worst of loving reds?

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

I can't decide if it's worse than that 2F2F DeLorean "GTR" that appeared. It was missing it's T-bar (which covers the door-opening torsion bars), and the guy claimed it was for "cooling". Naturally.

I've just noticed his red H2. It says so much.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

DropShadow posted:

Can the original body panels be saved?

I choose to believe that there's a DeLorean club out there somewhere banding together right now to raise money to buy this car and return it to its original glory.

Yeah, the body kit is a semi-official one, so unless he's Rice Hammered it in with drywall screws, it possible. Paint can be stripped off and the SS can be re-brushed. The cars are normally painted to cover a bondo filled dent, but there's a number of DMC guys who could hammer that out and do a rebrush. It'd cost a lot, though, more than it would be to buy a normal D - I'll guess that this fool is wanting, what, $10k for it? It's probably not actually worth more than $5k - if I lived in the states I'd offer him that in cash and make the car a decent project. It'll need new plastics, the door alignment appears hosed (which could be any number of things - a fixable factory defect, maybe neglect), and the interior may be even worse than the exterior... but that car can still be saved.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

UnkleBoB posted:

Found this while looking at DeLoreans after reading AteUpWithMotor's new article on them. Interesting, to say the least.

Click here for the full 1024x549 image.

Not sure if it's mentioned in the auction but it's a vinyl wrap. There's a slew of those, all in decidedly bad colour choices. I was gonna post the Gulf one a while ago but I've already littered that thread with ruined D's.

Some people are just odd.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Fairly sure that's an S3.

That S1 - in the uk - probably wouldn't be THAT bad a buy, parts and support etc are't too hard to come by.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Does it matter? 300 is worth it just for the sake of having it to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

That vehicle is must be the peak running people over for comedy effect design. It's perfect. Softly sweep them off their feet with the bumper and then give them a whole triangluar face to roll up and over.