Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/715054106.html

$7,000 (well...$6,972) for a 95 Jeep Cherokee Sport w/ 138k miles.

Blue Book retail is like $4,000 in excellent condition. What kind of poo poo are they smoking to think they can sell a gas-hog Cherokee for drat near double Blue Book when gas is topping $4/gallon? That pricing wouldn't fly if gas was $1/gallon again, much less now that it's 4x as much. Don't they get ~15 mpg average with no cargo?

More power to them if some dumbshit buys it for that price, but I don't think I could sell it with a straight face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

UnkleBoB posted:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/car/714582449.html

Sure I'll take over the 9000$ you have left to pay on your 12 year old Corolla!

based on the monthly payment, if he got a loan for 7,500 for 3 yrs at 25% interest, he'd be around $300/mo. And that's the least asinine scenario I can come up with for ending up in that situation. Some of those fly-by-night places will finance anyone and stick them with like 25-30% interest loans. Then, when they inevitably get repoed in less than a year, they get the car back and put it on the lot again. Rinse, repeat.

I personally know someone that had a 2000 Malibu or something that they sold/repoed/sold again 4-5 times. They made at least double what they paid for the shitbox in the minimal interest payments these deadbeats make.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/729093965.html

Only $20,000?!?!?! SOLD! He put "$30,000" in mods in that car, I can't lose! :downs:

The best part is the HOTHOTHOT red anodized aluminum shift knob. On the automatic shifter.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Very :black101:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/1420512064.html

Click here for the full 1185x786 image.

bandman fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 16, 2009

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

blk posted:

To add insult to injury, it's the 280.

Content:

There was an original post where he outlined all the restoration - he's basically refurbished or replaced everything. I'm guessing 63's aren't that desirable since they're an early year right before the displacement bump, but I could be wrong.

Pretty much any Series 1 E-Type is super desirable and if that one has been restored, that price is suspiciously low. By my recollection, that should be a $50k-$60k car fully restored.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Galler posted:

...0-60 in 2.7 seconds...

:ironicat:

He's not wrong, just disingenuous. Anything will do 0-60 mph in 2.7 seconds...in free fall (in a vacuum).

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

how much for the truck?

Also, is this gold?
I'm pretty skeptical of just about anything in Maryland (except that 240 I bought. That thing was tits.)

There's also this... I'm enjoying the giant bottle of brake fluid in the engine bay.

Ignore the 92. Those 2nd gen 4Runners are turds compared to the 3rd gens.

That 97 looks like a steal, but if you go look at it, look very closely at the frame rails. Frame rust is an issue on these trucks, especially around the rear suspension attachment points. Check the coolant to see if it looks clean. The transmission cooler will leak internally and mix coolant and ATF, creating what 4Runner people call the Strawberry Milkshake. No big deal for the engine, but end of the line for the transmission. Even that's not going to be the end of the line for the truck, as you can find dozens of vehicles with the Aisin A340 transmission in the junkyard. Easiest thing to do is run an external transmission cooler and avoid the whole issue.

My 2000 has 257k miles on it and it runs like brand new. They're really loving stout trucks.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Larrymer posted:

If you're like Leica (and love shitboxes), I guess. :v:

Looks like a decent beater for the price but I don't see the fascination with it.

The BG chassis cars in particular are quite fun little shitboxes. They handle nicely once the inevitably tired suspension is addressed, put up with abuse, have cheap and available parts (mostly), and are dirt cheap to buy.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

sharkytm posted:

Yeah, and an Ecto-style Subaru, iirc.

It's Boomerjinks, and I think it was a Dodge Magnum wagon Ecto-1. He has a YJ Wrangler like the ones in the movie too, or at least has a friend that does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

kastein posted:

gently caress I WISH I HAD 1100 BUCKS TO SPARE FOR A BAD IDEA RIGHT NOW AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/5460076642.html

SCORE legal race J-truck with dana 60s front and rear and a gladiator grille on it.

Someone please please buy this so I know where it ended up and can buy it from a goon when they get tired of it.

Goddamn that is cool as hell. I want that in my driveway in a bad, bad way.