Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

slidebite posted:

Haha.
Harley rider pre-ride check off list

Wow that sums up how I feel about Harley riders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

`Nemesis posted:

I have to take exception with that list.

8. Put on your wrist brace to help carpal tunnel from all of the unnecessary revving

As if most Harley riders ever spend enough time in seat to get carpal tunnel. and..

17. Starbucks gift card: This is usually your hangout--------------how tough.

Maybe it's different elsewhere, but here in Wisconsin most Harley riders go from bar to bar to bar. You'll see big groups pulling up to or leaving "biker bars" out in rural areas.

True story. I was over there last weekend - there are more harley owners per capita than people.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

UserNotFound posted:

What? More Harley owners per person than people? So there are more Harley owners than there are people?

It was an adaptation of a family guy joke. Yes.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Speleothing posted:

it seems like it's a really nice car.
it seems like it's almost the tackiest piece of poo poo I've ever seen in my life.
hence

quote:

I just couldn't imagine anybody actually driving this car. Even if you're a superfan.

neither can I

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Leperflesh posted:

Oohhhhhhhh my god it's a bendy bus.
I want it so bad. I'm sure I'd need like a class B or A license to drive it, and it'd be ruinous in gas, and where in the gently caress would I park a 60 foot bus, but stiiiiilll I wannnnnnt it.

Yeah my garage can probably fit my Z, impreza, and festiva end to end in it, but I bet there'd be 10 feet of bus sticking out.
I can't believe someone bought that monstrosity amazing machine for $3200! What other vehicle in the world could you buy for that price that gives you that much passenger capacity?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Boat posted:

That is quite possibly the ugliest bike I've ever seen.

It looks like the elderly pedophile's dog from family guy.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

ElehemEare posted:

Click here for the full 922x469 image.

Hoping and praying no one buys it.

so you can buy it? It's a high miles economy car from chevy's darkest days...

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

destructo posted:

read the last sentence of the ad :eng101:

haha he's gonna "threw the woods"? who teaches these kids to write these days?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

VideoTapir posted:

More money than brains
or
Change in circumstances

Yeah pretty much.
"OH this week I can afford a G8 with retarded paint!... 2 weeks ...oh poo poo I need to pay my water bill!"

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

VideoTapir posted:

I was thinking Dodge Stratus.

I was thinking what car EVER has looked like that, that they are trying to recall or emulate?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

MATLAB 1988 posted:

Black gold for sale, $25,000: Very few will possess its limited number. So lavishly appointed, there are virtually no options.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1463664569.html

Click here for the full 920x716 image.

This could be you for the low price of 25 grand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWF-hH1nloo

For $25,000 that had better be loving MINT condition, I don't give a drat how "limited edition" it is. Hell for that money the girl from the commercial should come with it.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

ssh posted:

She's probably your mom. :iceburn:

haha no but seriously my mom had a Firebird :fsmug:

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Tell us how you really feel.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

TylerC posted:

response:

What is unmarked, serial $100 bills? Money is money! Please do explain that to me...

Trying to figure out what to say, maybe that I robbed a bank but that it was a decade ago so the money is clean now

Ask him if he takes federal reserve notes.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

valinhorn posted:

I found this beauty today. It looks really awesome. I have never seen a rotary powered Suzuki Sidekick before.

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Guarantee that it's a Puerto Rican guy selling it. Around here almost all the Puerto Rican guys drive rotary powered vehicles, including several vehicles that didnt' originally have rotary engines. One of them has a geo tracker with a loud bridgeported 12a. I think the rotary is their national engine. The only other combo they approve of are old RWD japanese sports cars with V8 engines. (1st gen rx7 with chev 350, S30 Z with mopar big block). They're all pretty nice guys though.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Throatwarbler posted:

Well, there are online resources to help you understand leasing, which is always superior to buying outright. To get to that monthly payment, the person in the ad is either leasing a $35k car, or a $20k car with a 20% interest rate. It is possible that this was a bad deal, but it would be a bad deal regardless of the method.

Since you're the champion of leasing in this thread, please link some of these resources online that show that leasing "is always superior to buying outright".

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Throatwarbler posted:

some points

When you explain those points, it sounds a little more sane. You're still wrong about it ALWAYS being superior to buying outright.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Throatwarbler posted:

Show me a scenario where this is the case, aside from the one where you want to drive a car without insurance on it. It is true that no one will lease you a car without insurance.

If you want to drive a lot.
If you live in an area where the residuals calculations don't match actual market conditions.
If your plans change halfway through the time period in question.

And I'm guessing you'll backpedal now and say "by buying outright I meant just buying in general" but "buying outright" seems like it would mean "writing a check for the price of the car". If you "buy outright" a car, you don't pay interest, so it's cheaper.

While I personally would never lease a car, I understand that there are situations where someone might be persuaded to. Just don't be surprised when you make sweeping general statements about things like this in a forum comprised of people who know a lot about the topic and people who THINK they know a lot about the topic, and someone calls you out on it.

p.s. do you work at a car dealer?

ab0z fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 20, 2009

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
quote vs edit, finally did it

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Throatwarbler posted:

I have already rebutted all of your points comprehensively in my first and second post.

You've convinced me. I've just woken up the manager of the nearest dealer and am going over there right now to lease a car. Thank you for your pearls of wisdom.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Cpaka posted:

Hurry up guys and get on this kick-rear end deal!

Click here for the full 800x432 image.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/1473408726.html

"Help! I got taken for a ride and have no idea how to use a calculator, or manage my money!"

Alternately, "Paying nearly 500$ a month to rent a Scion for 4 years turned out to not be such a great decision."

For reference, that's a mere 23,280$ paid out over the course of 48 months, on a car with a 16,700$ MSRP. Oh, and you don't even own it at the end.

MUST SEE!

:psyduck:

Throatwarbler posted:

This is a trick that any good salesman uses - assigning value to something that has no value. How much money is your "major point" worth? How much money am I willing to pay to say that I am buying something versus I am leasing something, even though I am driving exactly the same car and doing with it exactly as I please in either case?

Don't feel too bad about this. A large portion of the American economy in recenty years has revolved entirely around fooling people who are bad at capital budgeting with this little platitude ("renting is just throwing money down the drain, you don't own anything at the end, so you should alwasy buy it").

See my points #1 and #5. You are being confused by the same thing that ab0z is being confused by - the differing TMV calculation used in a lease versus a financing contract. You also don't understand what a forward/future is. I urge you to read up on a lease calculator or something. Once you know how to calculate a lease payment by hand, you will understand exactly why you are wrong.

Throatwarbler, is that your scion?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Throatwarbler posted:

You need to drive this 4 door with a 4 cyl
come see it in person, you won?t be disappointed. :colbert:

I knew that my clever ad hominem attack would sway the argument in my favor :v:

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Bolkovr posted:

BMW 850ci: $3000 or trade for guns.

Here I'll trade some guns without proper papers for your car without proper papers.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

el topo posted:

The same people who buy into that "power your car with electrolyzed hydrogen" nonsense, or try and organize one-day gas boycotts.

But it said in the email fwd that we could STICK IT TO THE MAN

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

orange lime posted:

I'd love to know how it "creates a ceramic coating" on the inside of the engine but doesn't fuse the pistons right to the cylinder walls. There's not exactly a lot of free space there.

Shut up it's guaranteed to probably give you some benefits.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

slidebite posted:

Oh hell yeah. As much as I hate Berretas, that thing would probably be a loving riot.

While searching locally for a 280ZX I came across this gem.
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-1983-Nissan-280ZX-W0QQAdIdZ171169592

If you're looking for a stock 280ZX, don't call.
:saddowns:

Give or take a little, that's the worst thing I've seen this month.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

trouser chili posted:

ONE OFF CUSTOM 1972 INTERNATIONAL SCOUT 2

One off? We can hope.

VideoTapir posted:

That would look incredible catching air in some mud pit.

I think that's the only way you could redeem it.

Doctor Zero posted:

Amazing. The word "INVESTED" wasn't used at all.

That IS pretty amazing.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
It's been said that money can't buy good taste, but I think it may actually repel it.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Team140 posted:

I don't have a video link handy, but the car sold for $6,000 at the auction.

I should call him up and say "look here dick you're not getting $31,500 profit for flipping this car, how bout I give you $8,000 and take that off your hands"

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Minus the weird poo poo on the tailgate and tonneau cover, I'd drive that wearing my best 80s outfit (meaning I'd go buy an 80s outfit because I was 3 when that truck was made).
It's so terrible it's awesome. (minus the strange girl and random bees)

edit: How is the procharger connected? It appears to be totally disconnected from the intake tract.

ab0z fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 4, 2009

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Noriyuki posted:

Plus note there isn't even a belt on it. This 503hp kinda looks unlikely.

OH yeah. I guess that might help too.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
I'm going to immediately move to AZ, NM, or TX and buy all these awesome cars that have no rust. gently caress MICHIGAN AND YOUR loving SALT gently caress

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Rhyno posted:

There's a company that makes carbon fiber and fiberglass hatches, hoods, doors and fenders or that era of Celica.

Yes but how bad does an incredibly light rare vintage japanese car NEED some cheap aftermarket part that's not actually lighter than the stock part?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

`Nemesis posted:

I like how the price goes from 5000 to 3000 then to no reasonable offers refused all at once.

That was confusing me also. You should email him offering $6000, then show up and tell him you'll pay him the $2000 as agreed, then write the check for $2500.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

Lusso posted:

I'd love to own this deathtrap. I wonder how much he wants for it.

1948 era Bellytank Dry Lakester Muroc El Mirage V8 60
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230401661189

I actually NEED this.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

BabyJesus posted:

Whoops, that dang antifreeze in the oil fill always happens to me too.

While that is hilarious about the coolant/oil mixup, I think you could probably have a decent truck for cheap. engines can be had for 1000-1500, toss the whole mess in your garage for a couple weekends and put in a little wrench time, bam $3000 towing vehicle.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

what exactly is going on here.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
really it makes no sense, but here's a way to look at it:
They'd rather give the money to some poor sap on CL than to a big box car rental place. Some guy who just lost his job might really need that $90 to make his bills this month.
I'm sure there's a way dumber explanation, but just something to think about.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
It seems like dynacorn could make some insane money on making cuda bodies the way they do with mustang and camaro shells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

slidebite posted:

I would pay for the writer to jump off a bridge. Jesus christ.

I'll throw in too - this is a much better idea than that glen beck car fund.