Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

Dave Inc. posted:

What... does that to a car?

We do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

Dammit, that's exactly what I was thinking when I posted that. I was singing it to myself.

I award you 1 Internet.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/ele/1077822164.html

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

vs Dinosaurs posted:

Don't worry, it is from a 1/2 million dollar home.

That piece of poo poo has never been parked in any half million dollar home driveway.

You obviously never been in Bucks/Hunderdon county looking at real estate. $500k is what a 3 bedroom house costs, and when you pay that much for a house, that's the car you buy for your 16 year old.

1/2 mil here is not so impressive. It's just a standard development house sitting on so little land that you can watch your neighbor take a dump from your own living room.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma
Pontighini Fierolago LP460

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repl...5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

Leperflesh posted:

Ohhh god yes I bet this sound system sounds amazing!

Custom tuned in a push/pull setup, obviously powerful enough to take paint off.

Leperflesh posted:

Clearly a performance driving machine here. Clean wiring! Things painted blue!

I don't see a problem here.

Leperflesh posted:

The racing seats help you handle the g-forces from its incredible cornering...
Obviously this is not for handling, it is to hold you in with all of the massive base coming form the back.

Leperflesh posted:

...on steelies! Cracked bodywork. Extra-terrible aerodynamics on the body kit. Dented driver-side door. Aftermarket taillights!

It's all here. What's the problem?

Leperflesh posted:

But this interior is just the best. "Custom work done to the interior":

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

-manual everything
-blue electrical tape on the steering wheel
-random wires and cords poking out everywhere
-wonder what that wire is going over the top of the handbrake
-custom gear shift knob! (incredibly dodgy-looking install)
-visible liquid stains on the steel floorplates!
-satnav, possibly! (note: blocks access to climate controls, but that's OK cause they probably don't work)
-used kleenex!

God drat. This one's just a real gem isn't it.

-reliability
-custom
-custom
-custom
-CUSTOM
-custom
-custom
-option

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

the posted:

Should I buy this? I figure it would do well in the upcoming zombie apocalpyse/civil war

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1286616263.html

I want one of those so bad. My wife pretty much doesn't care what I do when it comes to AI, but that might be pushing it too far (wouldn't fit in the pole barn).

Really seems that it might be worth it....especially with a winch and a cab heater. The zombie repellent gear is easy to install later on.

Edit: You _HAVE_ to love a vehicle that includes a manual that tell you things like "So if you've got a 55 gallon drum of used motor oil, 40 gallons of diesel with water in it, and a few gallons of grain alcohol, refer to the table on page B-27 for mixing and fuel quality switch setting instructions."

944 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 25, 2009

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

Atmus posted:

Do S10's not have full frames? I thought the cab and bed were irrelevent to the structure of the vehicle.

Whether it does or not (I think it does) within the first few week you won't be able to close the doors properly. The bodies on these things just aren't designed to be rigid enough to not have a roof on them. Flexing on the body mounts will be plenty to destroy the body unless you plan to do some serious stiffening like on a proper convertible conversion. The list of things to do it properly can be staggering, and would be a whole lot of trial an error unless this is something that's actually been done a few times before.

Case in point: one of my retarded acquaintances 10 years ago though this would be a good idea on an 82 F-150. No....it was not a good idea.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

fatman1683 posted:

Can anyone give me a hypothetical situation in which it would make better financial sense to lease a vehicle than to buy it?

You own a company, have hit your tax limit capex for depreciation for the year, and still want to be able to fully write the vehicle off.

Or....you credit is good enough to get the lease and you can't afforrd the down/payments to buy it outright (which is why most people lease)

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

leica posted:

...some stuff scammers do...

Yeah...none of that sounds good. The chances of you seeing them on Monday with cash are slightly more than non-existent only because they seemed foreign and confused.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma
WhaleMobile - http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lou/1270822318.html

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

sirbeefalot posted:

I was gonna make a Porsche joke but it just didn't want to come together.

If it were a turtlemobile or a snailmobile you would have had more to work with.

quote:

My grandfather got the idea of turning it into a WhaleMobile off of some cartoon, and he took his crazy idea and ran with it.

Is dementia actually fatal? I guess he didn't say either way.

944 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 29, 2009

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

quote:

The speakers are Infinity Reference 4012i Coaxial Car Speakers, which run at about $10,000 dollars, and will quite possibly make your ears bleed.

Awesome.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

dreesemonkey posted:

Don't ask me.

So its some custom slightly ugly body with a terrible looking interior, running an offensively expensive to maintain, difficult to find parts for Porsche v8.

Awesome.

Edit: and its a slushbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

Landshark posted:

If that truck is as clean and nice as it looks, I really don't think that's unrealistic money for it.

I guess its worth what someone will pay for it.

While I'm sure they guy really does have more than that in it (to be in that condition), it's just an F100. There are many more, and I'm not sure what the market is for people wanting a common, old rear end truck in pristine shape.