Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon
This one got me started looking for IS300's and the journey was a mix of shock and disappointment.

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1124674803.html

Text only. You'd figure that with the money this guy "invested" in his car, he could have afforded to "invest" in a camera and take some loving pictures of his car!

CL D-Bag posted:

2001 Lexus IS300 - $16500 (Coquitlam)
Reply to: sale-cdtud-1124674803@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-15, 10:03PM PDT

Midnight pearl blue.Every power option including sunroof & full triptronic with paddle shifter. Full leather & suede interior.Chrome cool air intake custom engine work . New rear tires & full custom race exhaust to tailpipe including chrome headers.Lots of money invested in this car Very fast & nice smooth car. Custom Limo tinted glass 130K 604-944-0277

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

There seem to be a bunch of IS300's demanding some pretty steep prices without a single pic.

Here's another IS300 with too much "investment." I've seen this one for sale multiple times over the past 2 years.

Click here for the full 1360x738 image.

So now I search for an IS300 that is worth investment. Instead, I found this:

Note the keywords :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

DropShadow posted:

I'll bet it's fun to ride/drive, but it still feels wrong. Here's the ebay auction.

Crosspost these in the hot car chick/AIest images thread NOW!

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

Somebody buy this and do the brakes on it and I'll pay you back + extra in October. :v:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1169605543.html

Click here for the full 1255x815 image.

Oh gently caress I would buy that if I had the disposable income! But I don't and I already have one project car :(

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

BY THE GODS! :flashfap:

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Throatwarbler posted:

The hell is this? Some piece of the radio?

It's an audio equalizer, if my eyes do not deceive me. Allows for adjusting the volume of ranges of certain frequencies beyond "hi, med and low." So yes, it is part of the stereo system. It appears it has a master volume toggle as well.

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

RealKyleH posted:

hahaha an equalizer with analog needles

And yea an equalizer is for turning up the bass and trble so you can roll down the street with nothin but boom boom and tsst tsst playin some chopped and screwed three six wit cha homies

:psyduck: I wish this weren't true. There used to be a time when adjusting the volume of certain frequencies was done more to eliminate distortion and not ruin your speakers as opposed to cranking the base so you can't here what's being played and needing to re-cone every single one of your speakers!

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Nitrox posted:

That site is like a candy store. :shlick:

http://www.j-specimports.ca/list/index.php?ID=14502

Awesome site, veritable goldmine, but it seems to have trouble differentiating between different models.

EDIT: found this one on there. I don't think I've ever seen a Tourer V with stock wheels!

Taaaaaaarb! fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 23, 2009

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

kuffs posted:

Jesus christ that interior.

Why would you put faux wood paneling in your vette?

Speed and class :smug:

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

shoncook posted:

The Fast and the Fiero-est

Automotive Insanity: The Fast and Fiero-est

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

el topo posted:

You gotta admit that looks drat good for a 19 year old car.

Yeah I mean, how could you pass on a car with suck low mileage?

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

el topo posted:

In Canada you can import pretty much anything on wheels as long as it's more than 15 years old. That makes it exempt from the import rules. That being said, that's just to import it, not register it in your province (good luck with that).

IIRC, the clause is 15 years or older. Registration (if you're importing it yourself) is indeed a bitch.

el topo posted:

So "custom flames" :wtc:, underbody neons and a blue interior mean "tuning" now... do you get all these store-bought trophies with the car too? Christ, I plan on doing a few mods on my car, but if I can help it at all it'll continue looking completely stock...

Are those Skyline tail lights?! Goddamnit, when will these people ever learn - Skyline tail lights belong only on Skylines :gonk:

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Jorsh posted:

Jesus christ, It's a built 4.3L vortec w/ a bottle in an E30 for $1800 and all you guys can do is kvetch about the weight? gently caress me running.

I think they're bitching about how people trying to advertise their cars as being light lie by saying their cars weigh 2000 lbs., hence the comparison to "FAHV HUNNERT HAWSPOWAH."

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

DJ Commie posted:

Anyone want to build an MS3 powered...something?

MS3-powered fox-body :allears:

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Rhyno posted:

There was a guy in Bloomington Indiana trying to cram an MS3 motor into an NC Miata but I think he gave up on it.

I think I remember seeing pics of that, though I can understand why he was unsuccessful. Kinda odd to figure an OHV Ford or Chev V8 can fit into a Miata, but one of their own in-house engines can't. Christ, how big is that 4 anyway?

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Nubile Hillock posted:

I'm the $10 eBay grille

The box said 10 horsepower :downsrim:

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

It's cute that he thinks it's a Skyline GTR engine, although an RB26 swap wouldn't be terribly dissimilar.

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon
Shared on my FB feed:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/street-strip/1175018439?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Kijiji ad posted:

Flat Black Primer
360 mag
tubbed w/33 x 18.5 x 15 street slicks
727 reverse body trans manual shift capable to 1200 hp
Ladder bar suspension
B&M shift w/ 3000 rpm stall
MSD 6al
Crane cam w/ roller rockers
Mopar performance intake
750 holly double pumper
Narrowed 8.75 spooled w/4.86 gears
FULL roll cage
Fuel cell
New motor, not been raced
Street legal
Many more extras
$54,000 build

Alberta Reg inspected and street legal

ONE of a KIND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be DIFFERENT

Reason for selling.....I'm bored and no time

Car only

Price is firm and cash.... No PayPal or payments

It's not Cobalt, but it's something alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Elephanthead posted:

11k is only $8K US go buy it.

No sir, $11K is $11K that I also don't have and I'm not driving a province over to buy it :canada: