Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Not craigslist, but Autotrader:

http://tiny.cc/kgVpx

I have no idea what the person who did this was trying to accomplish. With an auto Z32 NA no less.

dk2m fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jul 26, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dk2m
May 6, 2009

88h88 posted:

1988 standard one $4k from Japan. White. Mint. Beautiful... http://www.japancaraccess.com/japanese-used-suzuki-alto--cc_2531370231.html

That interior... :allears:

My grandfather has the Indian equivalent of this, which was rebranded as a Maruthi. Learned how to drive stick on this thing, and it's still going strong. I'm pretty sure I could bike faster than this thing, but still so much fun romping around lovely Indian back roads avoiding cows and monkeys.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Octopus Magic posted:

There must be a really limited number of people who are looking for a FD and have 36k in their back pocket.

My guess is that it's the Bay Area tech guys/gals. Grew up in the 80s/90s to lust after them, enough disposable income, nerdy enough to appreciate weird Japanese sports cars. I've seen maybe 4 or 5 of these in my life here in the Midwest.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
If you start out your life with a giant loan because of college, loans and debts are just normalized as part of life. This applies to cars as well.

The car companies are fine with it, the rate of bad debts accrued can be forecasted and offset if needed and they get a nice interest profit since most incentives have to go through their financial services dept. Not to mention keeping people hooked on changing their car every few years instead of owning it long term.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

I...I kinda like this. It's like an answer to a question no one ever asked and i'm intrigued as gently caress

dk2m
May 6, 2009
I remember lusting after the 5th Gen Prelude for so many years. Something about the design is really timeless in a way that the similar era Celica, etc just isn't. I have no idea how it drives though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dk2m
May 6, 2009

who would marry such an insane creature. this is like if the navy seal copypasta guy sold his car on craigslist