Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
A sensible AI ride?

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1988-V8-Volvo-Rat-Rod-Wagon-2000-W0QQAdIdZ216576428

quote:

Price $2,000.00
Volvo 740 Turbo 1988 Wagon
Kilometers 300000
Transmission Manual
Colour Grey
Drivetrain Rear-wheel drive (RWD)

Stealthy Rat Rod project car. Sturdy Volvo chassis with reliable Mustang power. 5.0 Mustang HO V8 with fuel injection. World-class T5 5-speed manual with hydraulic clutch conversion. Volvo tach recalibrated for V8. Flex-a-lite fan, Wilwood racing clutch master cyl, Volvo diesel rad, rear anti-sway bar. Sunroof, PS, PW, 4 wheel disk brakes with ABS. Trailer hitch.
I used it as a daily driver for 5 years, 100km per day. Solid straight body. Rust free with patina of age. Has the usual Volvo interior wear for this age. Needs power steer pump, windshield and parking brake cable (spare cable included) 4 CTC snow tires (2005?) Volvo and Mustang manuals. Motor good and can be heard running. As-is, uncert.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Tai-Pan posted:

Actually, this would be a great car. The builder frequented TurboBricks.com a lot and did a really nice job on the swap.

If it was near me, I would get it today.

I would actually like to know what it takes to register a car like this legally.

In Ontario, you'd need emission test, safety certification and insurance.
Insurance may be the biggest hurdle if they force you to go facility(high risk pool) because of the swap.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Somewhat higher than the KBB value for this car:

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Sorry, I'm a bit late for the discussion of overpriced e30, but here's a contender for you:
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1985-E30-BMW-3-Series-European-Spec-318is-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ270576396

oh, insurance appraisal values

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

quote:

Hi everyone.

I have for sale my 1990 E30 325i.

This has been my pride and joy for 3 years! I've done everything to it that I dreamed of doing.

I want a new car, and this car is a hindrance. I'll tell you now, it isn't in a safe condition. It definitely needs some suspension work up front (ie. new shocks, new subframe, new stabilizer bar shackles, could use some new bushings).

Realistically speaking, if you're technically inclined, you should be able to fix this rather cheap and easily. I haven't just because I am lazy. Quite frankly I do not want to put time and money into it anymore.

I will be selling the car with the rims and tires. I love these rims and I will miss it to be honest.

I will list the good, as well as the bad.

BAD
-Radiator fail. Needs replacing.
-Oil pan is ultra low, already smashed open but welded and repaired. Oil pan needs remaining screws to be put in, (new gasket though!). Rammed a huge load of permatex (gasket sealer) to fill in the gaps (due to working on this car outside in the frigid cold!)
-needs handbrake hardware (maybe dislodged? never ever looked at it)
-rust...always had it, repaired it, and comes back. rust is cancer, and its an e30. expect rust this is NOT a florida or california car.
- unknown KMs on the engine. but ran superb (from automatic).
- the hood doesn't close...the latch probably got stuck?
-sunroof......rust.
- had 2 3x3" sized holes on the floor, carpet removed cleaned up and riveted some galvonized steel, then caked the entire floor with tar for preventive measures.
- no power steering (seems to be a common problem with the m50 engine swap, it leaks)
- no air conditions, the unit was removed.
- no washer fluid, the cables need some soldering
- exhaust gasket is loose, so it rattles. ew
- 1 tweeter does not work.
- i bought 4 wheel locks (from Maranello BMW in Woodbridge), but this past winter the lock actually shattered. so 3 of the 4 rims are on. I will leave it up to you to bring a lug bold to the dealer to find the matching key.
- usual 1/4 panel rust...
- again, the suspension basically needs over hauling.
- Different rust free doors were put on, so one key to get in, and another key for ignition lol
- ground cable for starter is loose. needs replacing, currently using a jumper cable to temporarily cure.
- stalls when hot...probably something to do with cooling??
- typically aging daily driven e30!!!!

GOOD
- Had a monster rotten quarter panel and rocker panel, both chopped out and replaced.
- Had a paint job with Diamond Schwarz Metallic (original color)
-Brand new clutch PVC Valeo with about ~500km on it
-brand new transmission mounts, guibo flex disc
- 24Valve M50B25Technical Update (VANOS!)
- currently has a 3.73 Open Differential, WILL COME WITH 3.73 LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL!!!
- 24V Engine swap done CORRECT using STOCK E30 parts!!
- 5spd Manual.
- Black synthetic comfort seats, fairly good shape no need to replace.
- the brake line burst during the engine swap, so the entire back end (front to back, NOT including the front brake lines) have been replaced with healthy new lines.
-4300K WHITE LIGHT HIDs, with Elipsoid Headlights (1 cracked...but still functions)
-Sport Max lowering springs. REALLLLY lowers the car.
- custom welded exhaust by Master Performance (dual pipe into cat, dual out cat into mono into Magnaflow muffler) This car has one helluva unique sound when rev'd. THAT sound I will certainly miss.
- has the E30 iS trunk spoiler.
- Nice and small diameter Dyno steering wheel with custom machined adapter to fit a MOMO hub!
- car got me a lot of compliments while driving!
-autocrossed this car a few times and it was so fun. Nothing else but E30 style!!
-black 4 door dressed like a 2 door. Uncommon sight!
-it hurts me so bad to be writing this stuff *sniff sniff*
- comes with 17" Advanti Racing Rims. 5 spoke, PERFECT fitment for the e30 4x100. comes with 215/40/17 in the rear, and 205/40/17 up front. Nankang tires and these suckers grip real nice.
- shaved light weight stock e30 flywheel on the m50 (revs up quicker, and revs stay up between shifts)
-fairly new (last summer) clutch slave cylinder
-frame rails are surprisingly decent...!!!
-5 series engine! also 5 series engine mounts. Engine prepared from 5 series to 3 series!
- fenders were newly replaced. rust free fenders go like hot cakes!
-

Well, that's all folks. I have pictures, but I will have to compile them.

I will save you time now, DO NOT offer me anything LESS than my asking price. (depends how i feel.) You may not feel that it (clearly) isnt worth that much. I am selling it for my asking price because thats what I WANT for it. I will not entertain any foolishness. This car has AMAZING potential, it needs TLC. I stopped giving the car TLC because I want to move on... I would not recommend this car as your sons first car, unless you know what you're doing or willing to fork up $$$ for what an E30 has to offer.

I am a hardcore BMW enthusiast, so I will know what is and isn't true about this car.

In closing, thanks for looking :)
I breaks me dearly to even consider selling this car. I've had an amazing experience in it. lots of fellow E30 enthusiasts were busting my balls for even considering to sell it. After the engine swap, it woke up the e30. The engine was pulling THAT much harder. 3rd gear in high revs is monsterous!!!

Thanks.

PS: Picture shown is in its prime...currently does not look like this picture at the moment as it sits.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
AI approved family vehicle?

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2002-Subaru-Forester-With-2003-WRX-Swap-W0QQAdIdZ352560641

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
proto-hatchback 50s style with a face only a mother could love
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1959-Dodge-2Dr-Station-Wagon-W0QQAdIdZ363279168

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Do you ever feel that your SUV may not be safe enough?
Protect your loved ones from road rage/zombie apocalypse with this fine and affordable* auto.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2000-Jeep-Cherokee-Sport-Armored-bullet-proof-SUV-W0QQAdIdZ378307975

*Handy tip: map your route using gas stations as markers.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Tai-Pan posted:

Also, as was pointed out in this forum, that armor "goes bad" after a while and stops working. Which would be a bit of a shock if you found out in the middle of a gun fight.

That depends on how long "a while" actually is.

On the other hand I was mostly joking, but this is apparently a thing http://www.armageddononline.org/forums/threads/31359-Armoured-cars?s=dcf5748bb407fb5bbdc6578e1b151957

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
I'm not sure how it is possible to spend eleven grand on 1.6 miata, but at least he's willing to negotiate

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1990-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-Convertible-W0QQAdIdZ462950410

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Not sure if gold:
10AE Miata extremely loved

the list goes on

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Divorce fallout 3000 track car project:
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2004-Mazda-MAZDASPEED-Protege-RACING-SHELL-Combo-deal-W0QQAdIdZ478676388

quote:

The plan was to take the drive-train and computer from the Mazdaspeed and transplant it in the racing shell. Add some versatile suspension and you have a solid track and rally vehicle.

2004 MAZDASPEED Protege
Runs very strong. Ownership shows no brand. No accidents. All interior has been gutted and sold except dash. Side Skirts and Rear bumper have been removed, but are being sold with the car. It was stored all winter in my garage. Just pulled it out and started up.
2.0L engine with Garrett T25 TurboCharger (Stock Setup)
Racingbeat stainless exhaust
Racing beat suspension
Racing Hart 17" Wheels

2001 Mazda Protege Racing Shell
Rolling chassis includes:

acid dipped chassis
Complete 10 point cage
Dg motorsports modified (made wider) one piece front end (5000 usd value)
fiberglass rear doors
fiberglass rear trunk
lexan windows
Traction bars
awr front control arms with spherical bearings
brembo rotors with ebc pads
custom mx6 front spindles with arp extended wheelstuds
autometer silver monster tach
autometer siver liquid filled 60psi boost gage
autometer warning light

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
The only question here is what's a driveline strut?

quote:

The MX5 is a complete nut and bolt restoration with everything on the car being either rebuilt or replaced with new from the dealer . The car is better than new with a custom stitched interior and chrome roll bar . Almost every aluminium piece under the hood has been polished as well as the driveline strut . The car is a real looker . The driveline has 2000 km on it . $20,000 was spent on the resto . Email me a reasonable offer .

1990 Mazda Miata Exceptional Condition All Original APPRAISED VALUE- $16,800.00

The car must be seen .Never seen a winter or rain . Hard top and soft top , working A/C , standard 5 speed with a limited slip differential and is original classic red .

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1990-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-Convertible-W0QQAdIdZ502689170

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Samu posted:

The nice thing about Alberta is there's no inspections required to register a vehicle, so you can get whatever the hell you want plated even if it's a rusty death trap pouring fluids all over the road.

Not true for out of province vehicles. They get looked at pretty thoroughly.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Miata keyword search brings in weird stuff:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-better-then-MAZDA-MIATA-W0QQAdIdZ522519856

They have two of these things as well.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1974-Volvo-142-W0QQAdIdZ527329746

If only I had space. Someone save this.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
A touch of class on the budget

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1965-Jaguar-3-8-S-type-Project-W0QQAdIdZ527861978

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Illinois craigslist is just so full of people with dreams:

quote:

hello everybody , I have a offer , I have a miata 1995 , in good condition 150,000 miles (manual transmission). the car works perfectly and has oil change done every 2000 miles. I got my miata a month ago , and want to upgrade my self, I will trade the miata along with 3,000 dollars cash . My miata was worth around 4-5 k. and an extra 3-4 K should lend me a good car.
I am looking for a Porsche or any other eye catching sports convertible.

please feel free to send me offers, the worst i could say is "NO" .any way , I am open to all offers,

also

quote:

PROJECT 1999 MIATA SOFT TOP - $1000 (BEMENT)
GREAT PROJECT MOTER AND TRAN NEEDS TO BE PUT BACK IN CAR .NEW REBUILT HEAD NOT PUT ON. CAR IS IN GREAT SHAPE BLUE TOP FAIR HAVE EVERY THING TO FINISH EXTRA MOTER GOS WITH IT FINISHED WORTH 5000 DOLLARS GET THIS SPORTS CAR GREAT WINTER PROJECT IT IS IN MY BARN ONLY 1000 CASH HEAD COST 375 TO REBUILD 1,8L MOTER I DONT HAVE TIME TO FINISH NEW CLUTCH PLUS NEW HEAD GASKET BOTH MOTERS GOOD

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Since AI seems to be entering cheap truck fashion period, here's a contender with a "custom wood dash":

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/barrie/5-speed-f150/583445878?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
"Lost interest, needs some work"

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/brantford/1992-madza-b2200-project-truck/583730085?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
I don't know how rare this actually is, some assembly required:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...gationFlag=true

Check out the filter size:

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

god willing this won't get bought out from under me before I go to see it tomorrow

I used to briefly own a very broken down V70 manual AWD. It went to live on a farm in upstate new york. Hopefully it was parted and used wisely. There are only 6-7 of them in NA and there is another one in white for sale in Alberta. I have thought about trying it again sometimes.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

While it's still stupid as all hell, bupropion withdrawals can give you serious seizures so if that person has run out they probably are in dire straits (it's also not a controlled substance.)

But yeah maybe call you doctor on that one instead of ask internet strangers, but given what that stuff treats the person probably isn't in their right mind.

What does this stuff treat?

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
This is what basically worked for me in normal times:
- figure out you’d be happy to get X for a used item,
- list for X+20% to give yourself some haggling room,
- reply X+10% to “what’s the lowest” people, they counter at X, you say “fine, you got me, but only if pickup today” which puts the pressure on them

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

I’m pretty sure AI collective can ID this car just from this dash pic.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
I’ve been idly browsing manual transmission cars on local classifieds. A lot of them from more enthusiast side seem to come with “muffler delete”. Is that a recent trend of some kind that’s one weird trick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Seems more common on bmw/Audi/Subaru samples, like this fine specimen:

BMW e46 325i manual on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...&utm_source=sms

I’m just keeping an eye on the market and the volume of manual cars for sale by owner is pretty low. Miatas have reached an insane level of pricing so kinda wondering what else is out there.