Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

KakerMix posted:

Paging kastein

http://japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1991-autozam-scrum/

a 25k mile, 5-speed 4WD kei van, just for you~

The only person I've ever known to drive one was a 400-lb comic book store owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

KakerMix posted:

I'm 155-lbs so now you know of two people. How did he physically drive it? There isn't *room* inside the driver's seat for 400-lbs of person. Maybe he was chauffeured around and sat in the back although 400-lbs I'd beyond the weight limit.

This was back in Germany in the late 90s so the van was of that vintage. I wish I could remember the make, but I can't. And I was sort of lying about him being the only one, though he was the only one I knew personally. Those vans were immensely popular in Germany with small businesses for some reason.

Anyways, the seat was small enough, but also flat and very worn out. So I guess he just spilled over.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

zundfolge posted:

Not gold, more of a WTF. Nothing reflects better on you as a seller than using pics with the accident victim (and their bike) in the background.

:catstare:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Holy poo poo, a quote from that thread:

quote:

Sort of bringing this back out of no where, but I hope things are looking up for you Rod. I've had some **** luck over the past couple years myself, so I understand. I had to admit defeat and sell my $12K LSJ motor I had built for $8K[. That was to pay off my bills because I was broke as **** and to buy a used stock LSJ only to get the car back up and running for my crazy rear end ex-girlfriend to total the Cobalt into a Tattoo shop only two months later. Then not even a month after that I hydroplaned in the Integra and backed that into a telephone pole totaling it. After all was said and done, I paid off the rest of my bills with the insurance from the Cobalt and bought a new integra shell to swap everything into. I know that was not nearly as much as you have invested, but you have hung in there strong and that is quite respectable! Props to one of the OG's for sticking in there through thick and thin!

WhiteTrash.txt

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

slidebite posted:

Where is this cobalt thread so I can make fun of other peoples horrible choices in life?

mariooncrack posted:

I actually think it was closer to $300k. I found the original thread:

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l-lsj-performance-tech-47/victory_red_ss-goes-rwd-48074/

The car rolls now I think but the went into serious debt and divorced I think over this.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Cobalt guy just wanted to build this car to reconnect with his brother whom he's had a falling out with a long time ago and they haven't spoken since, but brother has died and now Cobalt guy is really sad but doubling down on completing it.

Seriously, it's in there somewhere. I spent about 15 minutes just reading posts on random pages of it.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Carburetor? Except that doesn't make sense as a "converted to".

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 24, 2016

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Fucker just wants someone else to get it off his property for free.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Not again.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Octopus Magic posted:

My Parents had the Chevy Blazer version of those, and they sucked. Awful handling, awful ride, felt like you were going to take off at 70mph.

I used to own a 1997 Blazer and it was without a doubt the worst vehicle I've ever owned. Let's see here....
-blew a transmission
-2nd transmission was on its way out when I sold it
-Replaced three fuel pumps (gently caress YOU GM) and finally the harness
-Windshield wipers wouldn't work when it was wet out
-tons of electrical gremlins

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Craigslist Idiot posted:

Has to many details to list

I am so tired of that line. No it does not, rear end in a top hat. Are you even trying to sell?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

GokieKS posted:

... why does this have a backwards Chevy emblem? At first I thought the picture was just flipped, but nope, the DODGE lettering on the other cars are normal.

The Chevy logo is fine. It's a fake/hosed Dodge logo on a mirrored photograph.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That was a (very terrible) joke.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Price tag approximately $10k because Honda resto hipsters.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I think that guy is just confused. Read his whole post all the way down.

quote:

$1,100! each, $1,850 both. Original owner's manual $100 (included FREE at asking price).
Make an "if they don't sell" offer. Current best is $1,500

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

blk posted:

I almost wish I needed another one, these are such good deals: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5896689371.html

drat that didn't last long at all.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
just trying to level up man

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Note the tires' positions in the mud.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Here's some gold. Red car, hmu.

http://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/5942731689.html

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
lol asking 137k but too lazy to write up more information.

"WAY WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION TO MENTION IN THIS SALES AD"

No it isn't you loving dumbass, there is no word or character limit you're going to run into other than your own dumb laziness.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Q_res posted:

Because there's one 83, and it's in the Corvette museum.

Oh so the one in the sink hole?

EDIT: Aaaaaand while looking for a relevant photo, I found that there are some people who believe the museum faked the whole sinkhole story.

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 11, 2017

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Defiantly worth saving.

"Definitely" is not a hard word. Why do so many people on CL/ads everywhere gently caress it up all the time?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
LOL 35k for an 82 S10

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
He just has to hold out long enough. Sooner or later inflation and appreciation of an aging car will meet in the middle. Probably later, though.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

https://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/6066433610.html

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
See the positive: that cat needs someone better.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That cab on the back is going to make a (functional) 5th wheel hitch difficult.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Can you get into them from inside the cab?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

KakerMix posted:

Certainly unique around here, same guy has that UAZ for sale as well.

lol a Polski Fiat for $6500? Granted, it's been a couple of decades since I lived in East Germany but those things were neither unique, nor collector items, nor worth even anywhere near that.
What gives?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

slidebite posted:

This was the same kid that topped up his engine oil up into his washer fluid reservoir.

slick move

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

AquaticIguana posted:

So everything i can find on the 88 fiero is super divisive and people either say it's awesome or a piece of poo poo. Eh?

It's Schroedinger's car - both awesome and a piece of poo poo at the same time.

Or it could be a ginormous piece of poo poo.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

mobby_6kl posted:

Almost too nice for a winter beater or something. The interior looks almost as good with some minimal wear corresponding to 80k km. I guess the catch is that it's an automatic with 1.0l but it can still only appreciate in value, right? :v:

Is that a starting bid figure or what? Why is it so cheap?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Rad bus.

Needs this driver.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, that would make a great food truck.

in active war zones?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Jesus Christ, will some goon hurry up and buy this already.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

I'm bud. AMA

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That is surprisingly well executed.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
On my local fb:

quote:

I got a 2004 Nissan 350z REBUILD TITLE I want to pass on to some one that can finish paying it off car runs good only thing wrong with car is the clutch is going out I ain’t asking for money just beed the car gone ASAP need it off my name for more located in

lol

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
This thing looks cool, but the seller's description does not inspire confidence.

quote:

I have a 84 merc capri (pretty much a fast back mustang) 5.0 302 5 speed rs model. Needs fuel pump and a main fusible link replaced, flywheel has teeth missing. I've seen and heard it run before the old man passed away. Doesnt have title. And not in the old man's name. Would be perfect for someone wanting to build a race car or drag car I guess. All OG parts and poo poo. Interior is decent. Been sitting most its life so it needs to be cleaned and gone through. Dont have the time, or my license so.
Will sell it, or entrertian me with offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Carlinator posted:

Wow, idiot, nice broken image. Use a better loving host like imgur next time you dipshit.

you dug up a decade-old post to bitch about the broken image link?