Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Why does every Arizona craigslist ad say "passed emissions and plated/tagged until 2015"? The plates and tags stay with the person, not the car. That poo poo literally doesn't matter. Any sale and title transfer demands a new emissions test, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Coredump posted:

If I was putting it in an ad the idea would be it passed inspection for me, should do it for you. Now you have a baseline to assume the condition of my shitheap.

Then saying "inspected until 2015" is pointless, and instead they would say "recently passed inspection without issue," like I did in my Subaru ad.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rawrl posted:

acvwBUS_prices.jpg

I can find, right now in Phoenix, multiple bugs in good running order for under 2.5k, and many in "good project condition" for less than 1000, but the average price for a bus in "rusted out, in a horrible front-end collision and there may have been a fire" condition is more than 7k. A running one with no interior but good paint is going for 41 THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

HotCanadianChick posted:

I don't see any overspray on that :confused:

Looks like some dust/dirt and part of the label is chipped off.

Are you perhaps looking at this picture with a black-and-white monitor? There's tons of blue overspray on the bottom half of the sticker. Also, the paint is wicked up onto the edge of the sticker, which wouldn't happen if it was applied after the paint had dried.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Rare doesn't equal good

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

This does not have any government tracking devices or shutdown circuits like ALL YOUR NEW VEHICLES.

Technically, this is true.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

VideoTapir posted:

He is going to get the creepiest creeps coming to see that car.

Like guys opening the driver door and sniffing the seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TzIT8amJOc

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Lost was a terrible show

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Toymachine posted:

That Ranger, painted black on some black bullitt wheels. Oh lawd.

How many people have you killed?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Viggen posted:

I have a bingo.

You forgot

Craigslist.txt posted:

I don't have the title but it's with $(DISAPPEAREDPERSON) and has a few $(NONMOVINGVIOLATION) on record that haven't been paid.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Coredump posted:

The R6 guy you're thinking of may be Abunchofnumbers, aka Backpanther. A man incapable of listening to the advice of others. https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Abunchofnumbers

Holy poo poo, that couldn't get any worse.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I wonder how wobbly it is with the doors open

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If it has been so reliable, how come it has like five overheating upgrades, including a third-party "temperature monitoring and notification console"?

E: and what's with this radiator hose?

It's like a collapsed noodle.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 6, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Well, at least it'd be easy to caviwipe down :stonklol:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tai-Pan posted:

I dont get the joke, or understand what the hell is going on with that engine.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Bibendum posted:

I love how it makes 40" tires look normal.

That's loving with my head. It looks like a normal-sized mid-50's Ford pickup until you mention the tires. Then I notice the cab is smaller than the hood in ratio, and it all goes downhill from there in my brain.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Gone through a decade ago (2004) by a military depot (I'm in the military, that doesn't mean anything except they maybe followed a manual if they weren't too drunk, and changed fluids). Sounds like a keeper.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
BUY THE gently caress OUT OF THAT gently caress

Dead loving serious, get on that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Seriously, it looks fairly low-rust, was clearly repainted fairly recently (<10 years), has those fiberglass speaker kick panels that let you throw new speakers in there no problem, has a later engine (paper filter, which they went to in 73-74 IIRC?), and only one major dent. Everything else is just cobwebby, and that headliner will either trim down or rip out in minutes, and there are a thousand options to replace it (everything from a proper headliner kit, to literally sticking/gluing some well-trimmed carpeting or fabric easily enough).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Whereish are you located? Because drinking beer and cleaning out/fixing old cars is positively amazing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
With a tiny bit of work and an appropriate steering wheel cover, it doesn't look half bad. Bend/re-form the rear plastic shield into place so it matches the front again, and you're golden.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Fun fact: NHRA allows only 12 inches total of rubber fuel line in the vehicle.

May have to start calling him 12 inch.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
NONE OF THAT RHYMES

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Not a fan of the sub as a center console (?), but black with silver accents :hawaaaafap:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

That interior is pretty fine. If I had the money I'd serious offer 2600-3200. I'd also remove or re-angle the stinger-style exhaust, and put some bumpers and speaker grilles on the thing, but otherwise it is pretty beautiful. Must have been parked in a certain spot for awhile, or at least repeatedly (tail light lenses), but who doesn't have a regular spot? Not perfect (painted over the front handle? What else did you paint over?) but a lot better than my current ride. Love the color.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/4724166591.html

I have no idea if this is gold or something horrible.

But goddamn is it purdy.

It's complete and utter garbage. $1200 at most.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

strtj posted:

Not anymore they don't, but people definitely did at the time.

Yeah, it moved from swing to IRS in 68 , iirc.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

este posted:

I googled for the XFi to see what that trim level entailed, and came across... this: http://metroxfi.com/

It starts out sort of normal in the first couple paragraphs and then takes a hard left into bat country.

Lolwut, holy poo poo. Such a hard left he spins out of bat country and straight into meth-addled fever dream territory.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That wheel looks like cheap poo poo. I'd take the airbag wheel any day.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Octopus Magic posted:

haha yeah, cheap pieces of poo poo. :rolleyes:

Well, you see, the wheel you posted actually looks nice, unlike the nickel arcade racer wheel posted above.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
In this thread: people that don't think airbags are "worth it."

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If I get custom embroidery, it would read something like "fuckshit mcdicknuggets." Very small text, very tastefully done around the edge of the seat so it's not visible immediately, but it would be there.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

HorseLord posted:

the mustang of europe.

So, an econobox, right?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh god it's so 80's it hurts.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No matter the price, conversion vans are literally worthless. Freiyghburerger on roadkill says so :colbert:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

VideoTapir posted:

I feel like a creamsicle.

Orange, fatty, cold, and you dissolve in sunlight?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Who wants to take a risk on a "STOLEN NOT WRECKED" vehicle?

What the gently caress does his current insurance coverage matter?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

What is Yonaka and why do I keep seeing that name everywhere?

yonaka.com

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

HRRRNNNNNGGGG PayPal why won't you clear?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Someone has offered me a 1990 Mitsubishi Montero for around $1000 because he needs quick cash. Normally a good guy, I think it has around 240k on it, with a new motor at 200k but original tranny. 3.0 V6, looks like the same V6 used in the Plymouth Acclaim.

I've been looking for a beater SUV. How crazy am I?

Here's his listing for $1400, which is what I told him to do in the meantime while I'm deciding.

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/4805833709.html