Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

http://www.palazzimotorcars.com/main1.htm

There are multiple ones of those things out there.
:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

How exactly can you register a car like that? Shouldn't it be illegal for a few more years?

VideoTapir posted:

Unless you Show or Display it (I'm going to guess that car would have a shot if there were fewer than 500 of them), yes, it would be illegal.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/112_9507_ford_cosworth_rs/

quote:

Amazingly, the Ford Cosworth RS is for sale in America-street-legal in all 50 states. Imported and federalized by Sun International Racing in Manhattan Beach, California

Presumably it's one of the cars they imported, given that's it's LHD.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

:staredog:

It's even parked next to a Subaru 360.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5310247664.html

This is too good to be true, right?

...right?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

:catstare:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Geirskogul posted:

Rolling 25 until 1992 then they were like "gently caress that" or something, I guess, because it stopped at 1967.

Same deal with California. It used to be rolling 25 but we stopped in 2000, so 1975 is the cutoff.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Femtosecond posted:

I wonder how expensive it would be to fix a Pao transmission...

It's literally a first generation Nissan Micra. So dirt cheap but you'll need to import parts.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

:wtc:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Imgur is being a poo poo so I'm just gonna put this link here, no image.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5692864597.html

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Geirskogul posted:

1980s times were weird.

1980s times were scary.

"That doesn't look too ba-"

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Dr.Caligari posted:

http://chillicothe.craigslist.org/cto/5697070213.html

Kind of what I expect from a guy who thinks a chrysler emblem is cool

e; sorry I cannot figure out why the pics aren't posting

Vintage chryslers are cool.

And that specific emblem he used is vintage chrysler, and cool.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

:siren: NEW GAME TIME! :frogsiren:

Search your local craigslist for 1977 and see what comes up.

:whatup:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Cage posted:

I'm not trying to be mean, but why? They're not fast, not really comfortable, no technology, will kill you in a crash, and gets horrible mileage. Is this just one of the memes this forum goes through were awful cars are so bad people lust over them (see: dumb combines harvesters).

If you would've waited just like a month and a half you could've hit the one year mark. Shame...

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Raluek posted:

1975. I honestly didn't know they made kei cars that far back, but it looks like they did! Neat.

Kei cars have been a tax classification since 1949 :eng101:

There were even a few officially imported into the US in the 60s by Malcolm Bricklen (who later went on to make the Bricklin SV-1 and import... Yugos), the Subaru 360 and the Subaru Sambar (in van and truck form). Unfortunately, at the time they were made, the kei specification only actually allowed for engines no larger than 360cc, so you're not getting anywhere in a hurry.

I think a forums member was working on a Sambar belonging to a friend of his? That thread might've fallen into the archives at this point though.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

:circlefap:

Even the fire will be spectacular when the quality British electronics combine with the precision Italian engineering.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

ishikabibble fucked around with this message at 11:01 on May 14, 2017

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

DogonCrook posted:

That was actually a low point at ford and we found out later they actually were cheating the roof crush test a couple years after this. Assuming it was mostly the same people in charge its hard not to wonder if they knew and didnt care.

At the same time porsches still had a fuel tank sitting above your legs this whole time and ive never heard of them catching poo poo for it. I mean honestly theres not a whole lot of good places to put one. Kinda nature of the beast thing.

That's generally how it goes with most American cars. Easier to sue a domestic manufacturer than a foreign one probably.

The Corvair got poo poo for having swing arms in the rear but that's the same setup the Beetle and the 356 used.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

wallaka posted:

It's a gasser.

Ad says 4x4 :ssh:

edit:

But it also has slicks in the rear and skinnies on the front. Maybe it is a gasser and the guy just inherited it from his dad or something and doesn't know any better???

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

edit:

ishikabibble fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Oct 13, 2018

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

How much do you enjoy getting your hands on and inside trannys?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Actual content:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

I posted in this thread a while ago about a Corvair. A Corvair, that someone decided should be shorter.

Someone made another one. This time as a convertible.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

300%

if that's not a huge scam

that's a screaming deal. Air cool 911s are stupid money even just for broken up shells. If my local craigslist and Ebay are anything to go off of, that's a 2-3k flip easy.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Dagen H posted:

That's very tempting. 2nd-gen 'Vairs are a lot of cool for not much money.

I always wonder about that. Why are they so unpopular? Is it the air cooled flat-six? Ralph Nader?

For something that could make a fun sports sedan, I see them go super cheap like all the time.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

"used on a TV show"

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Wonder what this would actually take to bring into California compliance.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Darchangel posted:

$7500 is the *reduced* price? This ad reads like a joke. "Complete with JUNKYARD MOTOR!!!!"
It's a '92 Caravan that's been cut up. It would have to have $7000 worth of alcohol in that bar to make it $7500.

Easy financing available.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

call text jim ANY time

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

:wtc:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Nebakenezzer posted:

1977 citroen CX runs good needs clutch cable. Power windows. Roll cage have most of the interior and the original rims no time to fix or use it right now and its taking up room will trade for somthing of interest car has full hydraulic suspension. Car is nice but needs love. Have video of it working. It also has a roll gauge. Will trade for just about anything [note: the price was $1]

Roll cage :eyepop:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

I think I posted the corvair in here ages ago but

Now it's back. And with a friend :pwn:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

That's an internet classic! I'm shocked he's selling it on Craigslist of all places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012