Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
if this Lancia isn't purchased, then give me his info. I will buy it and ship it to the US, its an 86 so it bypasses all the import regs.

edit: tell me you took pictures? I want to see this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

DrPain posted:

1999 GMC Suburban 4x4 Convertable Project - $699

:catstare:

location?

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

DrPain posted:

Las Vegas.

Can't imagine why that mobile mechanic never came back...

If i had the space and time/money to get a cage put together I would buy this. The prospect of driving this wobbly chassis sans cage from LV to Houston sounds pretty scary though.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

DrPain posted:

Bring your money with you and we can drop a cage in it while you wait. No telling on the engine though.

Also have fun pricing out 6 5-point harnesses too :lol:

I'm curious how much I can get someone on Uship to bring it down

edit: bad news its already sold :(

shoopeach fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 17, 2012

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
what is going on here

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3377650176.html

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

he has no time to take pictures of his 20 year old 100k dollar car.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

rscott posted:

"only worth 30 or 40k"

Holy poo poo what kind of fantasy world is this guy living in where E30 M3s are going for 30 or 40k?

every now and then you see a super clean one with low miles go for that price(asking price, no clue what they actually sell for). But a run of the mill e30 m3 can usually be had for 15-20. 100K+ is a stupid price no matter what though.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

opengl128 posted:

Ugh no, they need to depreciate more. I tried to buy one for a while, but they go for more than E36's here.

ya I feel that a reg e30 should be worth around 1-2k, yet they're always at least double that. Anything in the 1-2k range is an eta that hasn't had its oil changed in years.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
this could be...ok? minus the whole missing title part.

quote:

1977 Porsche 911s five speed trans 3 gear is going out never been wrecked garaged kept everything works on the car no problem with the motor AC heat it has a CD player not the original radio but everything else is original on the car new battery gas tank has been taken out and has been cleaned out with fresh gas but back in .car has a wale tail just not installed needs to be painted to match the car if you want it rake it with the car. it runs strong and fast lost title can get a bonded title but will ask for 8000 .for sale now 7800 obo.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3470031230.html

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

juche mane posted:

"never been wrecked"

translation: last accident was mercifully short of totaling me.

I can't tell if that color is factory or not

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Motronic posted:

I don't think so. I memory serves late 70's was royal blue (darker) or minerva blue metallic (and that's not metallic).

edit: upon further research it looks like "minerva blue" a color only offered in 76/77

shoopeach fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 13, 2012

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Motronic posted:

Yeah, that's what I was saying in the post you replied to...but the color is minerva blue METALLIC, and that CL post doesn't look like the paint is metallic to me. Maybe it is.

Ya for some reason I didn't see that. I'm somewhat tempted to go look at this car.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
i don't know what this is, but i kinda like it.

quote:

I have my '86 Starion up for sale. I am not excited to sell my car, but unfourtanetly I need more of a family car.

The transmission is freshly rebuilt, complete tune up has been done, the interior is clean, body is straight, and fresh paint. The car has some sort of boost leak that I don't have the time or knowledge to trace. The car has a fresh 18G turbo, the A/C works but it needs a charge, power door lock and windows, and apexi n1 full turbo back exhaust. I'm asking 4,500.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3483006666.html

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
I am speechless

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3654616198.html

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

The Big Jesus posted:

I dunno why you guys are hating on it so hard. I'd drive that thing until the doors fell off.

something about the unpainted rollcage made of square tubing

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

Isn't this super cheap for like a parts bin for your boxter? I have a feeling that you wouldn't be able to get an entire engine, trans, and drivetrain for $3,900 for a Porsche.

that does make a good point, it would probably be a good parts car for someone w/ a spec boxster

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Motronic posted:

I don't know what it's like to put a child seat in a DB9, but it's reasonable in a 911. I wouldn't want to try it with a kid that is small enough to need to be lifted entirely in and out, but for a toddler it works.

My dad has a db9 and there is no way a childs seat is going back there. Having sat/roadtripped in the back of a 911, I can say it has alot more rear leg/baby seat room.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Someone tell me that isnt the fuel feed line on the right

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Tai-Pan posted:

I emailed him and I will drive up there tonight if I get a response.
gently caress any of you that get in my way.

So did you ever get a reply? Whats the status of this car, the CL ad is still up so presumably its still for sale.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
he hasn't replied to my email either, I'm curious how many emails this poor guy has received since the post.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Maybe we'll get a new listing for it at $5k.

looks like the current listing is now deleted....someone somewhere out there got a craigslist gold deal

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

"call me", doesn't leave phone number....

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
I've always had a soft spot for 914-6's, even if this is a conversion

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3740091531.html

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

I find the location oddly appropriate.

also please tell me thats a dash pad with integrated lcd screen?

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

TheFonz posted:

Is no one going to talk about the fact that he DREW an equalizer between the two seats?

I just now noticed this....what on earth possess anyone to even do that?

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

madattheinternet posted:

Every single E30 on the planet was "imported from Germany" because that's where they made them all. This guy has a grey market four door stripper bronzitbeige teacher car that only a truly observant enthusiast would appreciate. With that said, even the most appreciateive enthusiast wouldn't pay a penny over 5 or 6 grand for this car because aside from the bumpers, gauge panel and manual windows, they are no different and offer no advantages over every other garage queen early E30 out there. And don't try to tell me that the engine from the 323 was better than the ETA because the ETA engine is a fantastic example of torquey get-up-and-go combined with SUPREME economy that NO ONE on either side of the pond was able to reproduce in the 80s.

I miss talking about BMWs.

now if this was a 320is...now that would be something worth importing. Although at that point why not just buy an e30 m3.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Octopus Magic posted:

My buddy works at a German Performance Shoppé and apparently some guy bought an e30 M3 for 38k

I haven't been following the market much, however usually you get a beat to poo poo one for under 10k. Something ok for 10-15k. Something nice for 15-20k. And then anything above 20k starts going into low mileage, restored, etc quality. 38k is pretty drat expensive for an e30 m3 though.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Drunken Lullabies posted:

That's not even the first bronzit e30 I've seen for sale for over 10k this week. I wish I was kidding.

I remember when e30's weren't popular and you could get them for dirt cheap. I blame hipsters/stancenation/drat kids for all of this

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Hashal posted:

At any rate, you should be posting in the questions thread, or start a new thread, and you will get help. This thread is for Craigslist gold - awesome or hilarious Craigslist posts.

Over $150k "invested".

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/4009208074.html

I always wanted to see what a modern day owner of a modified h2 looks like, and now I know. I've been curious who in their right mind still owns an H2. It is not socially "cool" anymore and it sure as hell isnt efficient.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Octopus Magic posted:

That car's been for sale for a year plus now, hasn't it?

And it is very much not worth 8500 dollars.

I think he wanted alot more initially as well. Apparently no one wants a hobbled together v8 swap w/ a trendy oil cooler mounted on the bumper.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

drukqs posted:

He learned a lot while building it, now he's also going to learn a very important lesson about resale

This is what happens when you have a directionless project that uses tidbits of advice from people on the internet(V8? check, Oil Cooler? check, Gauges? check). Had he built this to some sort of spec/race series I'm sure he would have sold it quick. But who wants a non-ls v8 swapped car w/ no HVAC that I highly doubt will pass any sort of inspection in california?

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Boy this ad makes me want to run out and buy your porsche!

well it is an NA 924....

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

dreesemonkey posted:

He is going to watch this video in 5-10 years and just absolutely cringe.

I just watched about 2 minutes of it and realized this kid epitomizes everything that is reddit...down to the sunglasses.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Tremek posted:

Here's a gem:

.. what?

is that a renault?

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

DJ Commie posted:

All that time and effort and the intake looks like a Home Depot special with its crooked untrimmed clamps. Cool car, though.

I don't even know why he bothered to use the MAF. I just did a speed density tune on my LS swap and got rid of the MAF all together.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Sinestro posted:

Real Gold:

Its an NA 944...fools gold to me

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

BrokenKnucklez posted:

NA 944's are actually pretty good little cars. Reliable and quite a few guys DD em. I know Motronic does, and I work with a guy who DD's a 944 NA.

I've just always been partial to the turbo. For 5k you can probably pick up a decent 951.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Motronic posted:

If by "pretty decent" you mean ragged out piece of trash, then yes.

Turbos in the apparent condition of that NA are $8+. And they are also like $4k away from being fun to drive on anything other than the highway (dat 80s turbo lag).

I had both and made the decision to keep and DD the NA because my trip is twisties through a rural area. If you've never driven an 80s turbolagmachine hard in that kind of environment, let me explain how it goes: enter turn and mat it. Wonder why it feels like a moped motor swap has been done. Approach apex, turbo spools, feels like you just got (gently) rear ended, cue understeer or maybe oversteer depending on how the car is set up. Back off to complete the turn. Now you have that in the back of your mind on every other turn you want to push it through.

Having driven many 80's and 90's porsches, I for some reason seem love the turbo lag associated with them. I think it adds wonderful character. Finding a well maintained 944 is something that is priceless though, it will forever be a cheap porsche, and usually maintained as such(cue customer rant about 2-3k dollar clutch job on a 5k dollar car).

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Q_res posted:

If I'm not mistaken "e" is a bad thing when it comes to 80s BMWs, at least that's what I seem to have picked up from AI.

I try to avoid an "eta" engine if I can, but my god that car is in wonderful condition for its age. I believe thats an e28, but one of the bmw guys can correct me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

drukqs posted:

Facebook gold.

I've known this fucker since high school, I live like 3 blocks away and still haven't gotten a ride, that's my reply there at the bottom :mad:

I feel this is overpriced, but then again there are not many used atoms for sale to dictate any sort of market price.

There was a guy on another forum I'm on that wanted an absurd amount for his used atom, claiming all the modifications he did perfected the car etc. I don't think he ever sold it and his track vids were pretty entertaining.