Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

dissss posted:

Depends on market - a lot of them were FWD diesels.

hissssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Holy crap I only just saw the guy being stretchered off in the background of the first picture (most likely the motorcyclist).

Anyone able to tell what kind of bike it is?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

It's a scooter. So that pretty much explains everything you need to know.

I think you're right, the exhaust threw me.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Buy the dude an SA account. Only the gentle tickle of goon satire can save him now. I don't know if the thread would go in AI or E/N though.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Coredump posted:

What if he turns out to be a closet racists like the mustang guy?

Bonus?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That's so bad I can't decide what the worst part is.

No wait, yes I can, its that ridiculous front splitter.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Edit: gently caress it

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The most adorable "free candy" murdervan. :3:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cage posted:

Wikipedia says it replaced the Alpine A310.

Which Ive also never heard of. And is awesome.

Wheeler Dealers did an episode on this car. Check it out.

Octopus Magic posted:

looks like someone never watched NEON GENESIS EVANGELION :colbert:

:aaaaa: I can't believe I never made that connection.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562990&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The bald faced nerve of demanding $1800 actual earth dollars for that poor abused car has me literally shaking in rage.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Holy gently caress I just read the ad

"Will trade for a miata"

:laffo:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Daily that fucker, love (your brief) life.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Buy them all, keep the one that gives you the biggest horn, sell the rest to cover the cost, achieve enlightenment. Namaste.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I want to see the unicorn who sees that or a comparable ad and actually takes it up. There must be one, or people wouldn't list them for sale in the first place.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

julian assflange posted:

Well you can’t own a car like that and not be a little eccentric

Gunna need that dude to produce a birth certificate before I'd consider buying. :colbert:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Octopus Magic posted:

Nah, they're not really worth anything because their audience is more or less completely dead/in nursing homes. You can't really drive them anywhere other than a parade.

They're kinda like those Grandpa organs with built in drum machines that have a setting for "Rhumba" or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l103bj8M21k

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Crustashio posted:

What purpose could that move serve? No one is showing up and paying over asking.

Maybe the guy really, really really wanted to get punched in the throat and was too shy to ask his daddy?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That thing is amazing.

I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't collapse like a staked vampire in a Blade movie if you actually tried to move it anywhere though.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Somebody call Ronald McDonald and tell him they found the prick who stole his car.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

First car I drove regularly was one of those. Shame they put all that poo poo on it. It was a nice car.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

dk2m posted:

I remember lusting after the 5th Gen Prelude for so many years. Something about the design is really timeless in a way that the similar era Celica, etc just isn't. I have no idea how it drives though

Very nicely, but the rear view is terrible and it has a surprisingly large turning circle. The rear pillar is huge and makes a massive blind spot, from what I remember.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

fakeaccount posted:

What sort of lady would that be?

Cross posting from the Tinder thread:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Suburban Dad posted:

You're obviously broken, though.

No just his cars.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Probe yourself for not posting a screenshot.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I've sold a motorbike and 2 guitars over Facebook marketplace and all 3 have been painless. The trick I found was to ignore any enquiry that wasn't a request to see the thing in person or a question that wasn't answered in the ad itself.

The search and filter options absolutely suck truck nuts though.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Why on earth has *this* thread been reported?????

Oh.

(drop the slapfight about haggling please)

Look I'm willing to work with you. How about 10% less slap fighting about haggling?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

MrChips posted:

50 percent less haggling is the best we can offer, sorry

I know what I got

A hankering for a knuckle sandwich?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

StormDrain posted:

Can I get a better pic of the fenders?

I loled

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The trick to Facebook marketplace is to list poo poo and ignore any question/message that is answered by reading the description, or any "what's your best price" queries. That filters out 90% of time wasters and 0.01% of buyers.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

TotalLossBrain posted:

hell yeah, it's been at least three weeks since the last derail that way.
Who was that goon with the offensive CL buyer practices?

This is your fault

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I can't help but see it as an American attempt at a Ferrari F40.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Pffft. That has nothing on when Gas Monkey Garage did rebuild on a F40. (what a travesty)

If memory serves they got actual competent people to unbend the chassis so I think that one would probably be no worse than any other highly strung 80s Ferrari

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

boxen posted:

I'm convinced assholes will recruit their friends to more or less harass sellers like this to make them want to take a lowball offer just to be done.

Guy I know told me he has friends and family contact a seller with extreme lowball offers so his seems reasonable by comparison, so you're not paranoid.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Looks like my cat's litter box.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

KakerMix posted:

Hello.
Any 90s and 2000s era Honda is 'worth that' and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Prices are up and will continue to go up, the world is a gently caress, etc.

Whats a stock 2005 Miata SE with less than 100K miles worth these days?

Edit:

After googling, $22-28k Australian dollarydoos. Holy gently caress. :dogstare:

(15-20k USD roughly).

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Sep 28, 2021

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

KakerMix posted:

You have one? You selling? :v:

Yeah I recently inherited one and no, respectively.

I remember looking them up a few years ago and they could be had for $12k aud all day.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

IMO you're morally obligated to set that car on fire.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

This site is like crack:

https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-honda-s660-2022-for-sale-63bb4c71a4b8fb715728edab

660cc of fun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I don't live in Ohio (thank Christ) or America in general

Am I correct in saying that license plate is a loophole to allow DUI people to register and drive that vehicle in spite of their DUI convictions?