Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Pretty sure Buick started the stage 1 and stage 2 stuff back in the muscle car days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

http://evansville.craigslist.org/cto/5768730035.html

Nothing really exceptional.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
My favorite is "I know what I have" or "just checking what's out there". Because your rusty 1997 dodge pickup really is(not) worth $15000 just because it has a cummins engine.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
There was a time when an LS integra was not not desirable, but these days a spotless example with 41k miles is a unicorn. It's probably worth the asking price provided it's not a rollback.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

angryrobots posted:

:stare:

LTD converted to 5.0 and t5, and working A/C.

I mean how do you put a value on this? Anybody else think it's pretty fair? Only thing I see is the column tach, I guess they couldn't get the signal straight to use the stock one?

I think that's a fox body based car, so it's like a normal LTD with a mustang power train. The swap isn't difficult, the 302 and the T5 aren't particularly valuable, and the AC probably connected easily. It's clean, if you like it buy it, but I don't think it's going to be fast with that engine and transmission. I think the world class T5 had a reputation for not holding a lot of power and the 302 blocks split in half without major work above 350?ish.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Kit cars and bass boats are fiberglass which gets a gel coat rather than paint. Gel coat is much much thicker so it holds more flake and has really great depth.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Q_res posted:

drat, I don't live that far away... What are the implications of an exempt title? Providing for the fact I'd be bringing that across to KY.

You can literally register a flood car with a certificate of destruction in KY. One way or another you should be OK.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Adiabatic posted:

Pretty sure because I had a name in the ad maybe?

Reposted: http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/5986238527.html

Let me guess... won't pass inspection in VA?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
That Tatra is the coolest car I have seen on eBay in a long time. I wish I had the room for it.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Powershift posted:

Like 8 million of those went through govplanet not that long ago.

They're almost all garbage and don't go for much. there's 13 there next week

http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/auction.ips?msg=21991&kwtag=auctioncarousel#msg=21991&sm=0&m=Freightliner&mf=1

e: i can't say what he paid for that one, but "nice" ones go for 9 grand

https://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/search.ips?sm=1&sort=ad+desc&ct=1#ct=1&sm=1&m=Freightliner&sort=ad%20desc&mf=1

My god what a waste and horrid idea. No wonder why they all have like no mileage on them.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Leperflesh posted:

Do bulldozer trucks normally run up a lot of miles while pushing dirt around? Because I'm imagining a lot of these things just flown to some dirt airstrip somewhere so they can periodically push dirt around, and that's not exactly going to spin the odometer much but its still serving a purpose.

Not that I'm arguing with the base sentiment, mind you, a huge amount of military procurement is just pork for various congressmen to bring home to their districts.

What's the point of mounting it on a truck chassis if your not going to drive it on the road? There is none. A John Deere 310 backhoe can dig better and doesn't cost $110000 new. That thing literally looks like someone wanted to waste money by throwing in a ridiculous requirement on the procurement spec.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Yeah a 1200lb engine with 145hp is a loving great start for your race car.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
That really depends on the bus, how many seats are left in it and its intended purpose. Many of them don't have air brakes and you can remove the seating and register it as an RV. Provided its under 26,000lb gvwr your fine on a regular license in most states. Just don't carry more than 15 people or whatever the law says.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
The mismatched seats, red rocker covers and rust would be a pass from me. It certainly looks cool though.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

The Sicilian posted:

What's the deal with price disparity? Is the Dodge that much better?

The dodge/ram isn't but the cummins engine is the best you can buy in a pickup. Lots of them running around with 1 million or more miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Ohh wow the rot on that one.