Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Nitrox posted:

Why U.S. Marshalls?

US Marshals are also the court officers for the federal courts (similar bailiffs in a state court) and thus are tasked with enforcing federal court orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

just found my new flight sim rig

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Nebakenezzer posted:

Engine size: 0.5 L
Horsepower: 505 hp

:eyepop:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/d/pawcatuck-your-next-toxic-relationship/7288984140.html

quote:

Is it love? Is it hate? Who knows! But you can't help wanting it even though you know it won't get you where you wanna go in life.

We had our ups and downs, but in the end we're not meant to be. This is a classic "it's not you, it's me" situation here folks, 'cause I'm tired of putting in the work needed to make it work, and I gave up too long ago to keep going. She may still be helpful around the yard (or if you throw more money at her than I will), maybe she'll treat you better. I dunno, we broke up, and I just want her to move out already.

- $1,000 OBO SOLD AS-IS! -

The good/great:
- 2000 MODEL YEAR JEEP CHEROKEE XJ 4-DOOR SPORT WITH 4 WHEEL DRIVE
- 4.0L I6 Engine
- Automatic Trans
- No check engine light / error indicators
- Full-Time / Part-Time / 4-wheel High / 4-wheel Low 4WD System with manual lever
- 50/50 Front Bucket Seats, Bench Rear Seat that folds flat for cargo space
- 2 Chipped Keys
- Aftermarket CD/Radio with Aux input and two new speakers in cargo area
- Never had any oil leak problems
- it DRIVES
- Great for XJ enthusiasts with some cash to burn or already sitting on an I6/other parts to swap
- Includes over $200 worth of planned-repair parts for the front suspension, a rear bracket, brake lines, radiator fan guard, original fog lights, and the fender flare that I knocked off with other tires that were too big.

The bad:
- Lotta rust specks around the body in particular along the trim and around the gas door
- One high beam doesn't work, but running headlamps and all other lights function properly
- Cargo hatch latch is dislodged and won't open without being held in place with the key
- The driver-side hood latch needs regular lubing or it pops up sometimes (but the passenger side and center safety latch both are fine)

The ugly:
- Ignition cylinder pins are getting wonky, and I leave a hammer under the seat incase I need to tap the key to make it turn (you can have the hammer)
- After an accident the frame is bent behind the front bumper
- There's a pretty bad coolant leak but no drips, so it's possibly getting burnt in the engine

After an amazing four-year long relationship, it's just time for us both to move on - and asap. Again I'm selling this Jeep as-is. $1,000 or best offer

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

slidebite posted:

I still have an irrational desire for a late 928. I am quite sure it would end up in tears, but there is just something about them. I'm a total sucker for GTs.

Hard same

NitroSpazzz posted:

That tire price is pretty inline with any modern SUV really, pretty sure that's around what we paid for a good set on the Highlander and the Tacoma before that.

928 was one of the best cruisers I've ever driven, smoother at 100 than 75 and it got there plenty quick for how old it was. The M5, e28 best M5, is also great at covering vast distances but no where near as comfortable or stylish as the 928. My 928 was cheap and came with a bunch of problems but at the time that was a bonus, now I'd pay a few times what I did and get a nice one that someone else has thrown thousands at fixing.

I mean look at this thing, it just screams "Let's go make terrible decisions"

If you're not going to make terrible decisions in a Porsche then why did you make the terrible decision of getting a Porsche?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

super nailgun posted:

Needs a decent bit of body work but a grand for a manual Integra that hasn't been hosed with too badly seems pretty good anymore.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/longview-1987-acura-integra/7296035514.html

Looks about as clean as my 17 year old Volvo with 250k miles on it.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

boxen posted:

That movie is never not worth a rewatch. I've read that it's shown in some law classrooms as a great example of what "voir dire"ing an expert witness means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nGQLQF1b6I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1I7QBCHqng

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

BLASPHEMY

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Going to guess it was parked in 1968

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

EnergizerFellow posted:

Rebuilding old school busses into various degrees of RV and service vehicles has been a thing in the Midwest since at least the 90s and if the build was right, people paid. I knew multiple people back in college who had old school busses. I'm guessing this finally bleed into the overlanding scene from either the cycling or automotive racing worlds.

I keep threating my wife I'll get a van-based minibus as a beater truck. I might actually do it one of these days.

Yeah the Aging Wheels guy has been converting an old bus into a combination car hauler/RV. Looks like a decent project if he ever finishes it.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

currently looking for a car to replace my 2004 Volvo S60 that was too good for this world, came across this gem: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1045553545980395/

https://imgur.com/a/TDjfpwC

quote:

Seller's Description
2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor Mad Max
This thing is a compilation of every high idea you've ever had on 4 wheels. At this point all it's missing is laser beams and missiles. Supercharged 450hp/450tq, lifted, mud tires, freakin solar panels to power a beer fridge in the back, air compressor to air you back up, 360 degrees of led lightbars. You will NEVER come out to a dead battery and ALWAYS come out to ice cold beer in the trunk, even if you don't drive it, it will ALWAYS stay charged. I've yet to find anything the onboard 3000W inverter won't run. Yes the snorkel works, yes the solar works, yes its a lifted mad max cop car. Yes the supercharger kicks rear end from a dig, yes it chirps 2nd on 33s. I recently started a job where I will never be home and won't really need a car for the next 2-3 years so I figured I'd sell this.

There's like $15,000 of stuff on this thing:
$500 Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0 50W HID Projector Retrofit
$130 Marauder Corner Lights
$1800 Ceramic Coated Catted Stainless Works Long Tube Headers
$1300 Stainless Works Chambered Cat Back system
$2500 Tork Tech supercharger kit (stock lower pulley)
$1000 POSI Ported Eaton M112 with 3.10 pulley
$200 New TT pulleys and new 6 and 8 rib tensioners and belts
$80 Mustang low profile radiator fan
$350 3.73 gears with carbon clutches in the diff and new axle seals
$400 new brake pads calipers and rotors last year
$800 Built transmission with all the sonnax upgrades
285/75R16 M/T rear 265/75R16 M/T front (ABS doesn't have any trouble with the stagger)
$100 Aeromotive 340LPH pump
$100 Bosch intercooler pump and heat exchanger from terminator
$100 new radiator
$80 new a/c p/s cooler
$120 new A/C condenser, accumulator, and service as of april
$350 AEM Boost, Water, AFR Gauges
$750 SCT X4 with magnetic mount with custom tune obviously
$1000 Way overbuilt rear suspension setup. Double adjustable with ballistic fabrication studs, nuts, tube inserts, custom machined sleeves and energy suspension graphite impregnated bushings. 1-1/4" studs on lower trailing arms and 3/4" studs on uppers and watts links
$150 ARP Hardened watts link stud
$300 Ceramic window tint
$150 Built and bolted in quick access v-line firearms safe
$20 magnetic phone mounts built in
$60 100W USB-C PD and 2x 18W USB chargers built in
$100 Roof rack from a nissan frontier with a basic basket on top
$300 LED Lightbars all over the place 360 degrees of light
$300 Leather Driver and Passenger Power bucket seats from an LX Sport
$100 Keypad entry (on the driver door AND the trunk)
$200 Wraparound Go Rhino Bumper
Snorkel (yup)
$100 Laptop mount
$250 20L Fridge AND FREEZER in the trunk (works AWESOME)
$300 3x Group 65 Delphi AGM
$350 3x 100W Monocrystalline solar panels
$100 30A Solar Charge Controller
$75 70A Battery Charger (plug in at the rear quarter panel)
$350 3000W RMS 6000W peak power interver (plug in the center console and the rear quarter panel)
$40 Resettable fuse to power the center console, with blue sea systems fuse panel
$40 Another Blue Sea Systems fuse panel in the trunk tray
$50 Police Trunk Tray to mount all the rear electronics
$250 Viar 200 PSI 2.5gal air compressor system with pressure regulator, and output on the rear bumper
$100 Small 500W subwoofer and amp
$50 Generic trailer brake controller and 4/7 pin wiring in the back

The real nerdy stuff (I'm going to keep this stuff unless you want to add an additional $2000)
ICOM IC-7100 all band all mode HAM radio
Little Tarheel II screwdriver antenna
dual band 2m/70cm antenna
smaller dual band antenna that I was going to use for APRS
Garmin GPS antenna for the ICOM
Cradlepoint 4GLTE modem (this thing is surprisingly expensive)
Low Profile 4G/Wifi/GPS puck antenna wired to the cradlepoint

Facebook won't let me put a proper price, so I'm asking $10k Honestly come check it out and give me an offer, cash talks. The value I see in it is the accessories I'll happily pull off and use on my next vehicle, and the exhaust and supercharger kit that will net me at least $5k in a days worth of effort.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Streets too gridlike to be the Lincoln in my state gently caress

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Godzilla07 posted:

As long as a vehicle has 4 wheels and can move under its own power, it can be registered in the state of Florida

When did they add the requirement that it had to move under its own power?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Anybody want to give me $10k?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Nobody knows for sure due to the drugs involved.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

PBCrunch posted:

Depends. A GM product that "functions as it should" has no air conditioning, seven different warning lights on but nothing else in the gauge cluster works correctly, and the leather has crumbled away to nothing. It is their natural state.

A Ford that "fais" has holes in the hood where half the spark plugs shot out. The transmission changes gears, but each shift results in spilled coffee and seat belt bruises from how hard the vehicle bucks.

A Toyota that "fais" looks OK, everything works, but the structural components have rusted away to nothing.

A Chrysler has bald tires from failed front end components, but it can't be fixed because the fake chrome lug nuts can't be removed. Oh well, the transmission doesn't work anyway.

A Volvo that "fais" will be in decent cosmetic shape with little rust despite bein 20 years old and never having been south of the Mason-Dixon line, the head unit will have been replaced, and the odometer reading is north of 200,000 miles. The last oil change, before the one done at time of listing, was during the Obama administration.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

NitroSpazzz posted:

Transit tags if you want to do it right and not be hassled. Otherwise depending on the state you have a grace period between purchasing the car and plating it. DO NOT bring a plate from another car you own and slap it on there for the drive.

MA's laws in this regard are so convoluted and contradictory that the easy answer is "lol just get it transported"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

chrisgt posted:

just move to a better state, then all these problems simply go away.

Normally I'd argue on the grounds of the fact I'm in a metro area that actually has a transit system but lol it is the MBTA in tyool 2022.

(I've moved since I last talked to you and have a job in downtown Boston now).

Now I'll just argue on the fact that MA is the best state to live in if you're transgender. And I'm transgender.